No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blooming 'eck! *Badgers bro for more 3D time....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I am really tempted to join this one..... Lets see if I can do some justice to a model.

I am thinking of a hunter seeker satellite. Something capable of destroying smaller ships and harassing larger vessels.

Comment

Yay! It seems we'll have a decent competition this time!

Comment

More
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
            Yay! It seems we'll have a decent competition this time!
            indeed
            Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
            More
            Lookin good Bob!

Comment

"Hey your back! Someone said you were dead!" :L MIB2

Looking nice :thumb:

Got a wee update. This generatator is driving me nuts:
              Spoiler:
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Wow. Both of those models look amazing.... My modeling ability isn't as developed, I am used to modeling buildings, not ships. Here is a little more conceptual development on mine, hopefully I'll have a model later this weekend.

The Reaper Drone (Has that name been used by anyone?)

Think of a Predator Drone crossed with the abilities of an F302

Armament:
                2x fixed position 8 barrel (Gatling style ) point defense railguns.
                2x adjustable 155mm railguns (2 - 3 types of ammunition available)
                1x plasma beam weapon (Reduced size)

Powerplant:
                2x Mark nine Naq Generators (Something I came up with its a Mark nine because its nine feet long, If you all have a naming convention for these please let me know)

Energy Buffer (for the APBW)

Primary Propulsion:
                2,3x Ion engines

Secondary Propulsion (Manuverability):
                Multi-directional Gamma Wave Plating (Something else I made up, It's a low profile plate that can provide thrust in numerous directions allowing a ship to out maneuver smaller and similar size ships.)

Sensors:
                Standard sensors package similar to a F302.
                Energy anomaly detector for Stealth and Hyperdrive detection.

Subspace control and communication with Homeworld Command.

Strategy:
                For interception of fighters and transports this Drone is more then capable of flying itself in a dogfight and even with inertial dampeners the crew of enemy ships can not overcome all of the G-forces that the Reaper can with its Inertial Dampeners and no crew.

The ship can attach to asteroids and other objects to mask its presence..... typical strategy with large capitol ships is to jump passed the shield using a short hyperspace burst, and then proceed to cripple the ship. Docking clamps allow the Reaper to stay with an enemy ship in hyperspace and then continue its assault once back in normal space.

Comment

how long of a reload are we talking for the APBW?
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

update... started on both the hanger doors and the new main cannon...

Comment

Depending..... What do people think is appropriate? I was thinking it could fire once every 90 seconds.... keep in mind it is smaller then the ones on a 304.

Also it uses the APBW when outside the shield of an enemy ship. Once inside the shield it switches to railguns. and then once the ship is defenseless the Reaper move back to long range and continues to pick apart the ship with the APBW...... So a longer fire time shouldn't matter. Especially if the Reaper is fighting in group combat.

I forgot to mention earlier that for a defensive option in dogfights the Reaper has a rear facing flak cannon, more of a mortar really. So it launched explosive fragmentation artillery to avoid getting followed directly.

Comment

i'd double the 90 second recharge at the minimum..... the APBW's i'm gonna add to my ODP will take 2 minutes to recharge fully...

Comment

Comment

What do you guys think about 300mm orbital railgun? Too big maybe?

Comment

fan wank

Comment

it's possible. well, the intense heat would be the equivalent of the Tsara Bomba and it'll probably be one-shot only...

Comment

Working...
                                X