No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, if only i could use the Perseus, but the model is JoNzA's. I may give this a go though.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Damn, if only i could use the Perseus, but the model is JoNzA's. I may give this a go though.
      It'll be worth it

And I'm still waiting on the rest of the committee to submit their results for the second challenge. I only have one so far.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

*Strokes beard in thoughtful manner*

Hmm.....I might try my hand at this one.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          The Third Challenge

The Third Challenge is going to be a Military Bomber. It is an all purpose bomber that is capable of space travel as well as operatino in an atmosphere. There are no requirements as for the size, weight, or power of this vessel but no FanWank. This requires you to model a ship, and present detailed specs of that ship upon the deadline. As usual the base rule is only using the stargate technology that is currently in the show. I must be in on the deadline date no late entries (killman). The deadline is going to be on Janurary 5th 2009 Midnight EST. If you have questions please ask them.
          Suggest you extend the deadline I am not having access to computer or internet until the tenth as that the date that I am coming back to uni on, any chance of extending it say until the 11 or 12th.

Comment

Revised

The Third Challenge

The Third Challenge is going to be a Military Bomber. It is an all purpose bomber that is capable of space travel as well as operation in an atmosphere. There are no requirements as for the size, weight, or power of this vessel but no FanWank. This requires you to model a ship, and present detailed specs of that ship upon the deadline. As usual the base rule is only using the stargate technology that is currently in the show. I must be in on the deadline date no late entries (killman). The deadline is going to be on Janurary 15th 2009 Midnight EST. If you have questions please ask them.
            Last edited by boberth2o; 30 November 2008, 05:41 PM.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I'd like to enter.

So all it has to do is be a bomber?

It can still serve other roles as well right? Like carry a few fighters, and have anti-ship/fighter weaponry?

If the design of what I'm thinking of doing worked out, it wouldn't be very big anyways.

Comment

I may give this a go (got a lot of time to get done)

I have an idea for an ancient bomber drawn up and ready to be modeled for this.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                  I'd like to enter.

So all it has to do is be a bomber?

It can still serve other roles as well right? Like carry a few fighters, and have anti-ship/fighter weaponry?

If the design of what I'm thinking of doing worked out, it wouldn't be very big anyways.
                  I would say no, Bombers are meant to 'bomb' things, not carry fighters
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Think of an Alkesh. That is a bomber/cargo ship.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

I know what a bomber is lol, I was just wondering how far we could push it. I agree though, I guess that fighters are going way overboard for a bomber. Bad idea. If anything bombers should be carried by another ship, not vice versa.

I do have another idea though, so it's all good.

Comment

So a ship that can carry a horizon or four? It will have no aux craft but can have rail guns.

*strokes beard in a thoughtful manner, similar to Dr Lee yet with seagulls screaming out of the window! Noisy birds!*

Sounds a lot better than a ground base!

sigpic

Comment

And so.... my first render.
                          Attached Files

Comment

No picture showing for me.

I started working on my design a bit this morning. No render yet but it looking like a short to medium range heavy bomber.

Comment

hmm.... i attached the image as i couldn't get photobucket to work today.... anyone else seeing the image i posted?

Comment

yeah i can
                                its a good start
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X