Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    absolutely; gateworld.net makes the world a much smaller place among its many contributions
    I completely agree, I believe most of us are in completely different countries. Me = USA, RJB = Canada, Alx = Sweden, PuddlejumperOZ = Australia, Merlin/ Dr. Lee/ Experiment = United Kingdom. We have a wealth of diversity!

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    4 days until the deadline how is everyone doing?

and does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for the next challenge? im stumped myself and im drawing a blank for the next challenge... help please?
    How about a an inter-solar fighter? Inter-solar meaning it's range is about as big as our solar system..
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

4 days until the deadline how is everyone doing?

and does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for the next challenge? im stumped myself and im drawing a blank for the next challenge... help please?
      Despite being sooooo freaking close to finishing this.... i don't think i can do it by the deadline.

Going up North tomorrow and won't be back till late on the 25th... right now all i need to do is get some measurements from the 3D model and finalise the crew numbers and maybe run off a scene of the Thor..... but with all the packing and organising it's taking to drive up there, i don't have the time

Maybe, maybe, if i get back on Sunday and feel up to it, i might be able to get the stats sorted and post the final submission late on Sunday.... but it's very unlikely

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

next challenge: semi-realistic spaceship. (semi as in, you don't have to do everything perfect)

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          I completely agree, I believe most of us are in completely different countries. Me = USA, RJB = Canada, Alx = Sweden, PuddlejumperOZ = Australia, Merlin/ Dr. Lee/ Experiment = United Kingdom. We have a wealth of diversity!

How about a an inter-solar fighter? Inter-solar meaning it's range is about as big as our solar system..
          indeed a wealth of diversity

and that is a sweet idea inter-solar fighter sounds very good and it would def be usefull.
          Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
          Despite being sooooo freaking close to finishing this.... i don't think i can do it by the deadline.

Going up North tomorrow and won't be back till late on the 25th... right now all i need to do is get some measurements from the 3D model and finalise the crew numbers and maybe run off a scene of the Thor..... but with all the packing and organising it's taking to drive up there, i don't have the time

Maybe, maybe, if i get back on Sunday and feel up to it, i might be able to get the stats sorted and post the final submission late on Sunday.... but it's very unlikely
          i see well are you and merlin the only competetors this time around?

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          next challenge: semi-realistic spaceship. (semi as in, you don't have to do everything perfect)
          i dont really understand what you mean... as what is and what isnt perfect is up to the comitte in the end and what looks good and what doesnt is up tp the modeler and his/hers individual taste.

Comment

this is what i mean. the second image is the Venture Star from Avatar. the red glow are heat radiators.

i think this can be very cool if done right.

Comment

indeed a wealth of diversity

and that is a sweet idea inter-solar fighter sounds very good and it would def be usefull.
              It's been on the list for me for some time.

Spoiler:

this is what i mean. the second image is the Venture Star from Avatar. the red glow are heat radiators.

I like those too. Whats is the heat radiator do? Is it a propulsion device?
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

the heat radiator is part of a massive antimatter engine. it.... radiates heat. you see, any stargate ship can never really exist because of the waste heat.

Comment

the heat radiator is part of a massive antimatter engine. it.... radiates heat. you see, any stargate ship can never really exist because of the waste heat.
                  Does it release heat through radiation, it doesn't look like it? Because there needs to be a substance for the heat to transfer to.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Spoiler:

intresting! i like the idea..

Comment

Does it release heat through radiation, it doesn't look like it? Because there needs to be a substance for the heat to transfer to.
                      actually it does. a medium like liquid helium absorbs heat from the engines and pumps it to the heat radiators. these radiators heat up and release infrared light, which cools the craft. you could also cool by ejecting superheated material into space but that's not gonna last long. in a realistic space battle, whoever can absorb the most heat before requiring the heat radiators

Comment

What about an inter-solar, semi-realistic fighter?
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          What about an inter-solar, semi-realistic fighter?
                          ---

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

nah don't like the idea of a fighter specifically. more like:

"build a realistic spaceship"

Comment

Righty.... it's certain now that i can't get the final submission done in time. Any possibility that i could get a 24 hour extension on this one?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                                Righty.... it's certain now that i can't get the final submission done in time. Any possibility that i could get a 24 hour extension on this one?
                                Certainly
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X