Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    Aurora lame in battle? It can take out a Hive ship in seconds...far from lame.
    Relative to what an Ancient ship SHOULD be capable of, its lame.

How about a Carrier?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Relative to what an Ancient ship SHOULD be capable of, its lame.

How about a Carrier?
      We've never actually seen a fully functional Ancient crewed Aurora much less with a ZPM. But tbh the Aurora class should have the ability to launch at least as many drones as the outpost on Earth, maybe it needs a ZPM to achieve this.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

A carrier as the next challange might be a good idea.... got two carrier WIPs on my HD atm... need a good excuse to actualy finish them

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I vote ground base its a bit different than the 1000s of times ships have been done on the fourum

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
            I vote ground base its a bit different than the 1000s of times ships have been done on the fourum
            I'd be interested in doing a ground base myself.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I'd be more interested in seeing a ground base than another ship.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

...i just don't know if a ground base will be that interesting?

sigpic

Comment

Actually i wouldnt mind doing a ground base actually, i have a few ideas already..
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    we had:

1: space station
                    2: spaceship.

i say next is an offworld ground base, tauri, jaffa, asgard, whatever.

EDIT:
                    possible one:

Next challenge:

Create an Offworld base. any race, as long as its a race from the series.

critic points:

1: does it match the architecture of that race
                    2: is it original: not a collection of pyramids, and say its a goauld outpost.
                    3: is there a map? what building does/houses what?
                    4: defences?
                    5: what type? [defence, offence, forward base, research]
                    6: does it fill basic needs [medic posts, guardposts, etc]
                    I like this idea for criteria

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Personally ground base would be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Personally ground base would be boring.
                        Depends on what you make of it. You could make your ground base as large and advanced as Atlantis if you really wanted.

If you think about it, Atlantis has really just been an extremely advanced ground base for 99% of SGA.

Comment

While Atlantis has been used as an off-world site, it remains a ship. The only real atlantean ground bases we have been shown are Taranis, Earth’s Anartica outpost and Proclarush. Not a lot to go on, although…I have an idea that I have stated on the Gateworld forum a few times that would come under this category. An atlantean hanger/ outpost cloaked within the Moon of Earth.

sigpic

Comment

Problem is most of the bases we have seen are set underground. not a lot on the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                              While Atlantis has been used as an off-world site, it remains a ship. The only real atlantean ground bases we have been shown are Taranis, Earth’s Anartica outpost and Proclarush. Not a lot to go on, although…I have an idea that I have stated on the Gateworld forum a few times that would come under this category. An atlantean hanger/ outpost cloaked within the Moon of Earth.
                              I wasn't saying that the Atlantis we all know isn't a ship. But I meant if you stripped it of its subspace and hyperspace engines, it wouldn't really be diminished in its purpose if it never needed to move.

Many cities have doubled as strategic fortifications all throughout history. Slap on a shield and some defensive measures and voila lol.

Comment

The Third Challenge

The Third Challenge is going to be a Military Bomber. It is an all purpose bomber that is capable of space travel as well as operatino in an atmosphere. There are no requirements as for the size, weight, or power of this vessel but no FanWank. This requires you to model a ship, and present detailed specs of that ship upon the deadline. As usual the base rule is only using the stargate technology that is currently in the show. I must be in on the deadline date no late entries (killman). The deadline is going to be on Janurary 5th 2009 Midnight EST. If you have questions please ask them.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X