No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question, gunships, from what I have read, seem to fulfill the role of aerial ground support. Like the ac-130 gunship in real life or even in starwars (the troop dropships from ep 2). So the question is, do I go by that definition of a gun ship or one of capitol ship support or maybe even fighter support. Or am I free to choose any of the above?
    Quacks

Comment

Both really. In space the gunship and anti-aircraft ships sort of murge in role
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

so bob. any progress on the results of the naval challenge?

Comment

To be honest I haven't sent the rubric out yet. Slipped my mind I guess.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

i see...

Comment

gettin lazy bob?

Comment

Ships, as in Naval ships, nice *must go back and look* How you all doing, greetings from Hell (you know where that is)

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Colbmista:No, Not really. My life had taken off and I don't have as much time as I once did to do this.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

....anyone here?

sigpic

Comment

*looks cautiously as he's walking into an old dark Victorian style mansion*

Hmmmm. . . . . I wonder where everyone went.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well is there a current challenge?

Any ideas for a challenge anyone?

sigpic

Comment

Yes,

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          The Thirteenth Challenge

Part I

For the Thirteenth Challenge Part I you will be creating a New Winner Signature
                          for the challenge winners. The dimensions will have to be 95 pixels in height and 750 pixels in width. Those are the only restricitions for this part so cheers and Happy Photoshoping!

Part II

For the Thirteenth Challenge Part II you will be creating Gunship. There are the normal restrictions and if doesn't have to be for a specific race. But keep it reasonable because you want to be able to win it in the end. All submissions are due on March, 25 2010 at Midnight GMT. If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go check them out they are on the first post. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

You can do either or, you don't have to submit both. Same submission date for both.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I think we all created a gunship, can drawings be OK too? (have to find a scanner though as I can't draw on compy, and no modeling software within sight either >.<)

though I now wonder about model requests....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

as its a modelling challenge I assume they must be models. can we have a longer due date and a discription of a gunship?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it matters whether or not its a 2D model or 3D model. But we can discuss it with the other members. I can extend the challenge too.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X