Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mentioned it over on Lightspeed Art...

The idea that it will connect on to the hull like the 302 connected to the hives hull. Unfortunatly it can't travel in space as its engines are for in and on the water. As the hull is rather thick and to bolster it the ship has strong shields to explore deep into a planets oceans. Extra internal space is used to house naquadah generators to power systems.

sigpic

Comment

Merlin that thing is def butiful IMO and dare i say its your best work yet (considering all the work you put into the organic shape) and oh i love the grooves you put on the top arc very very nice!
      ill see if i can give ya some green!

Comment

I second that i like your stuff anyway especially the athena but that sub tops it.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

so cool !
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

cheers, you have all given me a boost on this project! The whole problem with the shape was getting me down and I was going to pull out of this round...luckly gateworld was down yesterday so I put more time into smoothing out the problem section.

Thanks again.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              cheers, you have all given me a boost on this project! The whole problem with the shape was getting me down and I was going to pull out of this round...luckly gateworld was down yesterday so I put more time into smoothing out the problem section.

Thanks again.
              We're glad you put in the effort Merlin, it was well worth it and shows another example of the high quality work here from all of you. Green worhy
              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Here's a shot of the internal layout of my Sub.... as it currently is that is...

Colour of the corridors will change.....But the lower level is for the 14 crew quarters (upgraded from 12)

Middle level consists of the Torpedo room at the bow of the sub, with the main lift running through each of the three levels, behind that are the two forward hatches for the middle level. The Bridge comes behind that, with some rooms behind that (not sure yet what the rooms will be for) the corridor splits in two around the lift to the Jumper Bay, past the rear Hatches and into the small Engine room

Top level has a External hatch on the nose, with the room behind it still to be built....The Jumper bay sits between two retractable cannons, the forwad one shown 'UP' and the rear one shown 'DOWN'

The red block at the rear will become the engines by the end.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  Here's a shot of the internal layout of my Sub.... as it currently is that is...

Spoiler:

Colour of the corridors will change.....But the lower level is for the 14 crew quarters (upgraded from 12)

Middle level consists of the Torpedo room at the bow of the sub, with the main lift running through each of the three levels, behind that are the two forward hatches for the middle level. The Bridge comes behind that, with some rooms behind that (not sure yet what the rooms will be for) the corridor splits in two around the lift to the Jumper Bay, past the rear Hatches and into the small Engine room

Top level has a External hatch on the nose, with the room behind it still to be built....The Jumper bay sits between two retractable cannons, the forwad one shown 'UP' and the rear one shown 'DOWN'

The red block at the rear will become the engines by the end.
                  Nice work Doc

Comment

it never connected to a hive.... it jsut flew inside the center of the gap on the hive...

Comment

he said 302 not 304

302 = fighter

304 = daedalus

and shepard did connect to a hive with a 302 in either ALLIES or No Man's Land, using docking clamps
                      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Update on the Sub.... considering calling this 'Ll?r' (Old Welsh word for 'Sea')

Details over Here

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Looking good doc!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            Update on the Sub.... considering calling this 'Ll?r' (Old Welsh word for 'Sea')
                            Spoiler:

Details over Here

Excellent work Doc

Comment

Bob have you got or posted the results of the jaffa ship challenge yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                                Bob have you got or posted the results of the jaffa ship challenge yet?
                                Good question, I think it might have slipped through the net. And when is the closing date for the current challenge?

Comment

Working...
                                X