• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASTRA ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
    HELIOS CLASS

COMPANY HISTORY
    Spoiler:
    To increase production of Earth’s military fleet the IOA proposed the formation of a civilian based mining program. Astra Engineering and Technology was given the contract after their work on aspects of the 303 and 304 projects. The contract detailed that the all cargo would only be distributed to nations within the IOA, in return detailed plans regarding the construction of the 303 and 304 and required systems were given to Astra Engineering and Technology. Some systems were withheld such as the intergalactic hyper drive and the Asgard energy based weapons on security grounds.

While the stargate program was revealed, it was decided by the IOA and USAF that Earth’s stargate would remain under military control.
    With the stargate travel inaccessible to the public, the demand for interstellar travel could not be ignored by Astra Engineering and Technology. The vessel that was initially designed to mine and transport materials for Earth’s developing fleet was redesigned to accommodate up to 80 passengers, to augment revenue from each mining mission.

Mining – The Helios uses its advanced ship sensors to perform geophysical surveys of planetoids to detect for the materials required for fleet construction. The ship then uses the Asgard transportation system to beam the ore from the planet to the vast cargo holds on the vessel. The ship is also able to land on a planetoid and has large cargo lifts on its underside to manually load or unload ore.

Offensive Systems – The Helios class has minimal offensive systems. This was a contractual rule from the IOA; as the Helios class was a civilian vessel Asgard beam weapons and tactical missiles were withheld. However the vessel was granted three, triple barrel rail guns by the IOA after a Lucian Alliance vessel attempted to pirate the vessel during shakedown.

Cargo Holds – The majority of the ships internal space is used as cargo holds for mined ore.

Helios Hotel – The Helios class can also carry up to 80 passengers in its modest suites. Each passenger room has vast windows to allow passengers to spend hours admiring the beauty of space. Each passenger room on the Helios also has an Adaptable Gravity Generator, allowing passengers the option to experience zero gravity. There is also a lounge area that is used as a restaurant and bar area.

Medical Assistance - As the Helios has the ability to land, its passengers sometimes wish to explore the new world outside their window. This can sometimes lead to medical problems so the Helios has a small high tech infirmary able to deal with the majority of medical issues.

HELIOS SPECS
    Spoiler:
    Name: Helios Class
    Role:
    • Geophysical survey and Mining vessel
    • Cargo transport
    • Civilian transport
    Technology Base: Tau’ri/ Asgard / Ancient
    Hull: Trinium/ Naquadah alloy

Size:
    Length: 163m
    Width: 105 m
    Height: 34m

Engines:
    Interstellar hyperdrive
    Sub-light Drive
    Manoeuvring Thrusters
    Deceleration drive

Power:
    Mark 2 naquadah Generators

Armaments:
    3 Rail Guns/ triple barrel

Shields:
    Asgard shield system
    Atmospheric shield system – To reinforce the hull during exit and entry of a planet.

Additional Technology:
    Subspace Communication System
    Asgard Transportation Technology – used to beam ore from a planet to the vessel
    Asgard/ Atlantean Sensor array – used to also perform geophysical scans before a mining operation begins.
    Inertial Dampers
    Adaptable Gravity Generator – To enable passengers to experience zero gravity at a touch of a button.

Last edited by Merlin1701; 09 February 2009, 08:37 AM.

sigpic

Comment

4 hours remaining
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Company: Lockhead/Skybus Transports.

Hercules Cargo Hauler

Pics:

Spoiler:

Specs

Spoiler:
        Container:

11.14m long
        9.03m wide
        8.29m high

834m^3 of space

36x

30000m^3 total

68.22m long
        45m wide
        26m high

normal:
        67m long
        9.6m wide
        7.25m high

top/bottom cargocraft
        45.56m long
        10.52m high
        34m wide.

~Design Specifications~

-Class: Hercules

-Designation: H-4

-Type: hyperspace-capable ship

-Role: Cargoship

-Builders: Lockhead/Skybus

-Users: Tau'ri :Lockhead/Skybus

-Length: 68 meters

-Beam: 45 meters

-Height: 26 meters

-Hull: Steel/Aluminium

-Capacity:
        ~Crew: Pilot/Copilot
        ~Maximum: 6

-Powerplant:
        ~1x Mark I [basic power]
        ~2x Mark I [hyperdrive]

-Propulsion:
        ~1x Inercialess drive
        ~1x Tau'ri Hyperdrive

-Armament:
        ~None

-Cargo Complement:
        ~12x Cargo Compartiment
        ~2x Independent Cargo Mover [12x Cargo Comparitment]

-Defenses:
        ~Low-thermal emission technology (cuts thermal radiation by 21%)
        ~Alkesh-level Shield

-Additional Technology:
        ~Subspace Receiver
        ~Sensor Array
        ~Subspace Communicator
        ~Subspace Locater Beacon
        ~'Black Box'
        ~Magnetic Clamps.

~Cargo Compartiment

-Designation: C-1

-Type: Cargomover

-Role: Cargomover

-Builders: Lockhead/Skybus

-Users: Tau'ri :Lockhead/Skybus

-Length: 61 meters

-Beam: 34 meters

-Height: 10.5 meters

-Hull: Steel/Aluminium

-AI
        ~advanced AI

-Powerplant:
        ~1x Mark I

-Propulsion:
        ~1x Inercialess drive

-Armament:
        ~None

-Cargo Complement:
        ~12x Cargo Compartiment

-Defenses:
        ~Low-thermal emission technology (cuts thermal radiation by 21%)

-Additional Technology:
        ~Sensor Array
        ~Subspace Communicator
        ~Subspace Locater Beacon
        ~Magnetic Clamps.

Each Cargomover is an independant craft. it locks onto the Hercules, after which it can be moved interstellar. other specialized companies are hired for intergalactic transport.
        Hercules are loaded by 3 Cargo Movers: 1 loads the hercules itself, the other two attach and clamp onto it. this has been shown to be effective, heavily reducing the loading time.
        a fully loaded Hercules can carry 30000m^3 of cargo, impressive for its size, as its six times the amount a box shaped hercules of normal size could do. this, combined with its ability to carry 36 cargopods, each possibly filled with different cargo, makes it extremely versatile.

loading/unloading:

one Cargomover places itself ontop of the craft, and lowers the pods into the pod holders of the Hercules. it then moves away, as two more Cargomovers approach, one turning itself upside down and attaches to the belly, the other lands on top. taking just a minute to load, this has allowed great speed in the Lockhead/Skybus cargo transport. though generally more expensive than others due to relatively low amounts of cargo carried per flight. they are famed for their speed however, often used by companies incapable of affording late deliveries. the Hercules is little more than a spine for the Movers, its most important piece the Hyperdrive. due to three Inercialess drives when fully loaded, it retains its speed. the hyperdrive was built to be used by a Hercules, including the need for a larger hyperfield than an unloaded one.

Comment

nope not entering (i suck=() so no pics =)
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Hey I wouldn't mind joining the next round, assuming it's not something that I will be terrible at.

When will the next theme be decided?

And Merlin, that's a cool design. I like that ship.

Comment

we had:

1: space station
              2: spaceship.

i say next is an offworld ground base, tauri, jaffa, asgard, whatever.

EDIT:
              possible one:

Next challenge:

Create an Offworld base. any race, as long as its a race from the series.

critic points:

1: does it match the architecture of that race
              2: is it original: not a collection of pyramids, and say its a goauld outpost.
              3: is there a map? what building does/houses what?
              4: defences?
              5: what type? [defence, offence, forward base, research]
              6: does it fill basic needs [medic posts, guardposts, etc]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                we had:

1: space station
                2: spaceship.

i say next is an offworld ground base, tauri, jaffa, asgard, whatever.

EDIT:
                possible one:

Next challenge:

Create an Offworld base. any race, as long as its a race from the series.

critic points:

1: does it match the architecture of that race
                2: is it original: not a collection of pyramids, and say its a goauld outpost.
                3: is there a map? what building does/houses what?
                4: defences?
                5: what type? [defence, offence, forward base, research]
                6: does it fill basic needs [medic posts, guardposts, etc]
                Well applying a human view to what a base should be like.

Tok'ra for instant would not have anything on the surface.
                The Wraith from we have seen tend to have single structures for bases.

Possible one
                Personally I would like the next challenge to be totally difference.

Create Alien species. It must not be humanoid and must be distinct from species we have seen in the show.

It can be sentient or non sentient alien. If sentient a brief description of the culture would be nice but not necessary.
                Updates as you progress through the design, to show the stages you went through.

All through the above would tough, so I would give two months for the challenge ending on February the 1st.

Only rule here, is it must be completely original and no a copy of any of the current aliens we have met.

Comment

A Q-ship.

Comment

I've been lurking about here for a bit, but i'd definately consider trying my hand at the base idea.

By the way... great ideas all round in here.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Could we have no points for description and more on desighn and modelling

I love the base idea

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

a design says nothing if theres nothing said about it. though the challenge should be 2/3 moddeling, and 1/3d discription. i mean, if you make a car, you say, "its a car". but that doesnt reveal what it does, etc

Comment

I vote for a Base next!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            a design says nothing if theres nothing said about it. though the challenge should be 2/3 moddeling, and 1/3d discription. i mean, if you make a car, you say, "its a car". but that doesnt reveal what it does, etc
                            Yeah but i didnt lik how the civilian ship was mainly based on bacstory this isnt a fanfic contest its a modeling contest the description should be what bits do what and where things go.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

No the fundemental thing which seperates your ship from another is the backstory, its stats, the model is important visually but you can tell more from specs and backstory than from a model 9/10.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

its a moddelling challange thread. but if you draw a map, is it any use whitout legenda, to tell whats what? other way around, a book describing a map, is it any use without the map?

but as its a MODELLING challange, i said 2/3 model, 1/3 description. and ofcourse, an overlapping area where the description has to match the model, and vice versa

Comment

Working...
                                X