• Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you like the black and gold eh

b&g 1
    sb 0
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Setsun, I'd like request you read my fanfic Stargate NL and come up with a ship for the Royal Netherlands Navy (space ship that is). Could you please try?

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

where can i read it?

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71809

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            that's not stealth. that's cloaking
            Same thing.

Comment

Wow, a lot has happened since I was last online, where do I begin?

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei: In my opinion I would say that a fighter would be a support ship. That is only because in battle they support the larger ships from the attacking enemy fighters. A troop transport and cargo ship would also fit in this category. You have until January Second to complete this challenge so please try and take the time to plan something out for it.

This is all constructive criticism, don't assume that something has a negative connotation with it. Text is a very hard medium to read, assuming that it has something it doesn't puts words in other peoples mouth.

You are both at fault for the argument because you both contributed. Lets bury the hatchet now so you two wont have a lasting hatred towards each other. Ideally I would like to see you two apologize to one another but I can't make you do anything.

Alx: Don't ignore him, you were just like him in the beginning so you know how it is. Like I said to him lets bury the hatchet now so there won't be any lasting impact. I would like you to apologize too, and it doesn't matter who does it first. But I won't force you to do it.

Nice Bad Boys II reference by the way. I think I'm the only one that got that, Hilarious.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

hey bob im not carrying any rescentment im to old to hold a grudge for long but for now he stays on ignore.
                and i know i was very much the same at first defending my work to the death but i got past that and i learned to critisise my own crap and i developed fast because of it so i must say thanks to all those who "showed me no mercy" back then and of corse bad boys rocks! especially the first one! and whoosa works for me when i get all riled up

and i appoligiese to you bob for going "ape****" on your thread i didnt intend to as i was trying to help at first but it escalated and for that i am sorry wont happen again

Comment

Thanks lets keep things calm. I do enjoy the enthusiasm though, just I'd like it to be put into modeling. As I'm sure will come soon.
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

personally im in a deep modelers block atm so it might be a while until i produce something so trying to focus on my VFX skills but maybe i'll enter the challenge again as i have a ship-shape in mind but we'll see how i feel during the coming weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Originally posted by thekillman
                      that's not stealth. that's cloaking
                      Same thing.
                      really? *throws a cloak over Crazy Tom* How about now?

*ba dom dom pish*

btw: kudos to Alx. most people with "writers/modellers/creative block* just sit there and go "aaaaaahhhhhh" hoping it goes away. But how to make something new, like the VFX and "after effects", thats a really good idea.
                      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                        really? *throws a cloak over Crazy Tom* How about now?

*ba dom dom pish*
                        I certainly feel very stealthy.

Comment

I agree with Bob on this one...

This thread is aimed at helping new modellers as well as old to learn new skills and produce great meshes. Setsuna is using sketchup, as a user of the program we are the people to help him develop his skills, so he can develop his style.

I think a major part of the design is coming up with ideas for a new project, so go and plan out your warship for the challenge, there is plenty of time.

Everyone is here to help.
                          setsuna - If you have any questions about sketchup if you PM me I will give my best to try and answer it.

sigpic

Comment

I'v got an idea here.

how about someone sets up a thread specifically for beginning modelers and have a few of the more expierienced ones check on prog and give feedback. i think that that would make things easier on everyone and not have us noobs posting things where they dont belong.

oh and boberth2o if you look at one of my previos posts you will see that i have already said sorry to ALX and have tried to bury said hatchet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                              I'v got an idea here.

how about someone sets up a thread specifically for beginning modelers and have a few of the more expierienced ones check on prog and give feedback. i think that that would make things easier on everyone and not have us noobs posting things where they dont belong.

oh and boberth2o if you look at one of my previos posts you will see that i have already said sorry to ALX and have tried to bury said hatchet.
                              We have one, the Original Starship Design Thread

Like I said text is very hard to read, meaning its very apathetic. When you apologized in that situation it could have seemed rhetorical to your counterpart.
                              Last edited by boberth2o; 28 November 2009, 10:05 PM. Reason: Link didn't work for some reason
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post

i understand that but from what i can tell it has been pretty much over run by the more experience people than those just starting out. i mean to say that like the "Atlantis" design posted by ALX, many of the designs on there can be a little intimidating to someone just starting out.

Comment

Working...
                                X