No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Merlin i just might change the specs and make this a Jaffa Gate ship after all. (HEHEHEHEHEEEEE)

hey does anyone know the diameter of the ring transporters. i need to know for model.
    Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 27 November 2009, 05:48 PM.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

ok here are new pics a brief history and specs for Jaffa Needle Threader 2.0

Specs: Length 40 ft
      Width (wings open) 21.25 ft
      Width (wings closed) 17 ft
      Height 25 ft

Armaments:
      Offensive: 4 Staff Cannons
      Defensive: Cloak Generator
      Shield Generator

History: 3 Years after the Ori invasion the Free Jaffa High Counsel decided to build new ships for their fleet. Teal'c having seen what the Puddlejumper could do and having piloted the original Needle Threader, put forth the suggestion of building a ship that combine the two. With the help of the Tauri, the designs came together quickly and construction was started. Within 5 months after the start of construction and after several setbacks(requiring McKay and Carter) the first prototype was finished. Now more than 2 years later the Needle Threader 2.0 is used to get troops on the ground as well as a platform with which to create suppressing fire while evacing or inserting troops. It has been used extensively in the war with the Lucian Alliance as a quick strike vessel. The ship can carry maximum of 15 Jaffa.(not including 2 pilots)
      Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 11:40 PM.

Comment

the challenge isnt about a jaffa "puddlejumper" its warship.
        and would you please post in the Original starship design thread if you are going to try several diffrent ships! also mutiple posts in a row is frowned upon! use the "edit" button thats what its for.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          and would you please post in the Original starship design thread if you are going to try several diffrent ships! also mutiple posts in a row is frowned upon! use the "edit" button thats what its for.
          sorry about the multiple posts if you look closely however you will see that there is a time diff. between the posts.

and why cant a Jaffa "puddlejumper" be considered a warship?
          the Atlantis team uses it as one all the time.

would you consider a troop transport a warship?
          I would in the U.S. military their called Armored Personel Carriers.

but I digress the "puddlejumper" is just part of my warship. I figured I would post pics of it just like everyone else posts pics of their individual pieces of the whole design. that is why i not only posted pics but specs and history.

and as far as several dif ships goes the second try everyone said it looke to Tauri, otherwise i would have just continued with that one.

Are you going to be judge or are you designing one to? if you are designing one plz let the judges decide if the "puddlejumper" can be considered a "warship".

Thanx
          Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 27 November 2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
            ok here are new pics a brief history and specs for Jaffa Needle Threader 2.0

Spoiler:
            Specs: Length 40 ft
            Width (wings open) 21.25 ft
            Width (wings closed) 17 ft
            Height 25 ft

Armaments:
            Offensive: 4 Staff Cannons
            Defensive: Cloak Generator
            Shield Generator

History: 3 Years after the Ori invasion the Free Jaffa High Counsel decided to build new ships for their fleet. Teal'c having seen what the Puddlejumper could do and having piloted the original Needle Threader, put forth the suggestion of building a ship that combine the two. With the help of the Tauri, the designs came together quickly and construction was started. Within 5 months after the start of construction and after several setbacks(requiring McKay and Carter) the first prototype was finished. Now more than 2 years later the Needle Threader 2.0 is used to get troops on the ground as well as a platform with which to create suppressing fire while evacing or inserting troops. It has been used extensively in the war with the Lucian Alliance as a quick strike vessel. The ship can carry maximum of 15 Jaffa.(not including 2 pilots)
            Work in metres...its easier for me.
            I said gate ship earlier alla needle threader, it could be part of your ship. The wraith have darts the Jaffa have the needle threaders...It's something that is believable; the Tauri get jumpers so the Jaffa must have something.

I agree about altering threads to reduce pages to scroll, but as I have mentioned above it could be part of his design. Like you did with your aurora for the last challenge or I did with my new fighter for my fighter carrier.
            Lets be gentle, as he is new.
            Last edited by Merlin1701; 28 November 2009, 10:49 PM.

sigpic

Comment

it wasnt a bash.. but maybe it came off that way, i was just trying to point him in the right direction. and i agree it could be used onboard a bigger warship like i did with the aurora.

and why cant a Jaffa "puddlejumper" be considered a warship?
              the Atlantis team uses it as one all the time.

would you consider a troop transport a warship?
              I would in the U.S. military their called Armored Personel Carriers.

but I digress the "puddlejumper" is just part of my warship. I figured I would post pics of it just like everyone else posts pics of their individual pieces of the whole design. that is why i not only posted pics but specs and history.

and as far as several dif ships goes the second try everyone said it looke to Tauri, otherwise i would have just continued with that one.

Are you going to be judge or are you designing one to? if you are designing one plz let the judges decide if the "puddlejumper" can be considered a "warship".
              and no a troop transport is just that a troop transport. and there are several classes of vessels that one cannot just ignore. and please i am only giving you feedback but since you dont want it fine. and speaking from personal experience being arogant doesnt make you many friends here.

Comment

and please i am only giving you feedback but since you dont want it fine. and speaking from personal experience being arogant doesnt make you many friends here.
                i dont mind the feedback but maybe you could try to be alittle nicer next time.(maybe pm me instead of putting up in the thread for all the world to see)

when noobs that may be intersted in doing this kind of thing it can scare them away when they read something that sounds like a bash and they dont want that to happen to themselves.

and i wasn't being arrogant i just hate people that bash people just because they dont do thing the way others think that they should do them.
                Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 27 November 2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

no i will not wrap my oppinion in cotton just because you are easily offended and IMO i wasnt being either hostile or harsh instead i was extremly nuetral in voicing my oppinion and trying to point you in the right direction.

and i havnt seen anyone BASH you yet. (even tho you have given ppl enough reason to do so.)
                  and id just like to add if you dont want feedback and cant handle critique on your work dont release it publicly.

and again im speaking from personal experience and i learned my lesson.

Comment

a warship is a ship of war. anything with cannons is essentially a warship.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      a warship is a ship of war. anything with cannons is essentially a warship.
                      Thank you very much killman.

Oh and ALX i dont want to be youe enemy but you really need to look at your posts from the other persons point of view when you write them because even if you dont mean to come off as a jerk you do.

in my previous post i was just trying to point that out to you.

and as for learning your lesson from personal experience i would say that you haven't quite learned it yet.

now aside from all this bull honkey i would like to just get back to modeling as that is why i am here.
                      how bout you?
                      Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

ok i've had enough of you! i've tried to help you more then once and you only respond with more arrogance and you even insult me! please grow up!

you come waltzing in here expecting everyone to give you praise and at the first sign of critique YOU start bashing people and act like a complete arse calling people names etc just because you are easily offended and cant handle critique. and i say again i was trying to help you but fine since you just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALA" everytime i try to help i will ignore you and your butt ugly attempts at modeling.

no wonder 442 thought i was annoying.
                        Last edited by Alx; 28 November 2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

ok i've had enough of you! i've tried to help you more then once and you only respond with more arrogance and you even insult me! please grow up!

you come waltzing in here expecting everyone to give you praise and at the first sign of critique YOU start bashing people and act like a complete arse calling people names etc just because you are easily offended and cant handle critique. and i say again i was trying to help you but fine since you just stick your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALALA" everytime i try to help i will ignore you and your butt ugly attempts at modeling.

no wonder 442 thought i was annoying.

plz tell me how i insulted you.
                          and i can handle critique but you have critiqued me yet all you have done is said that this is a warship challenge and a "puddlejumper" doesnt count as a warship. whereas i said that any thing that can be used in a war to fight a battle is considered a warship. i then went further on to explain that the "puddlejumper" was just 1 piece of my whole warship design and that i was posting everything that i did in stages just so that i can get feedback on what people thought so that i could better my modeling skills. if that offends you i appologize. and if saying that you come off as a jerk with the way you give feedback offended you i appologize for that too. but i was just telling you how it appears to me. i dont want my feedback to be sugar coated but i would like people to stop telling me what i can and cant do. as far as im concerned boberth2o is the one running this thread and challenge and if i do something that i shouldnt do (besides the multiple posting) he should be the one to say someting about it. if that offends you i appologize. i will accept any and all feedback given about my designs. as you would see if you go back in this thread. people told me that my seciond design was too Tauri so upon consideration i agreed with that feedback and changed my design. if i din't accept feedback i would have gotten into a rant and rave like we seem to be doing. i dont want to fight with you, iwould just like it if you would kepp your "critique" to my designs (be it pos or neg) and not to any thing else. i am a noob here so i am bound to make mistakes. and thats why i am posting my prelim designs here so that those participating in the challenge can give me a yea or nay on them. and i dont expect people to give me praise i just expect a fair chance to present what i have done. if that offends you i am sorry.
                          Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

And I thought that where two fight, BOTH of them are faulty!

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

okay, a "Warship" is a ship with guns. Check out the smaller sloops or patrol vessels they used. So, personnally i think Seyei's little gate threader seems okay

only 2 cents would be just expand the wings on the side, maybe add some curves too them as well? Maybe add come cruves to the window too?

oh, and Alx, commander Seyei, right now you are calming UP, please calm DOWN.

btw: another idea, if you want to go different, look at Japanese Anime spacecraft. Their usually preatty cool looking.
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                                and i thought that where two fight, both of them are faulty!
                                rotflmfao

hey choo give the wings curve?

and i cant move them out any further they are meant to retract and the interior of the main section is already only 10 ft wide.

OH yeah has anyone noticed my sig aon the craft yet it will appear somewhere on all my designs.

Comment

Working...
                                X