Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eleventh Challenge

For the Eleventh Challenge you will be creating a Free Jaffa Nation Warship. The restrictions on technology are going to be lifted on this challenge. This is to make it easier for you modelers to dream up your creations. But keep it reasonable because you want to be able to win it in the end. Warships are a large genre, take for example current naval ships like carriers, destroyers, cruisers, battleships and frigates. They are all warships. I don't want to limit you to the standard of one ship does it all, Imaginate! All submissions are due on January 2nd, 2009 at Midnight GMT. If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go check them out they are on the first post. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

------------------------------
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

haha i think sinse teal'c was with the tauri so long he'd give a tauri influanced design to the council to look at haha

Comment

Well lookie lookie how it turned out.. rather than modelling my base I spent time getting drunk... typical of me xD

Comment

ok here are some images of the ship im working on

the ship is a sort of hybrid ship a Tauri designed front end mated with a Hatak. It has 12 hybrid cannons (both staff cannons and launchers for the bombs from an Alkesh) There is 1 glider/ cargo bay on the backside(not shown here) Ring transports for ship 2 surface transport. It also carries 32 Trident Missiles with Mk. V Naquadah Enhanced warheads. Not enough to bust a Gate but enough to do some serious damage. Carries a crew of about 1000 Jaffa at max but only requires half that number to operate efficiently. The ship measures 200 feet high at max height 450 feet wide and 900feet in length. (the last 2 pics are of the Peltak)
          Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 06:10 AM.
          sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
            Well lookie lookie how it turned out.. rather than modelling my base I spent time getting drunk... typical of me xD
            what else would we expect from a Fin eh? koskenkorva and sauna lol anyway your base looked very cool m8! i like to see it finished sometime in the future

Comment

I'm gonna pull out of this one...need to go through my 3D files and do some culling/fixing...too much fluff clogging the files up.

Good luck to everyone else.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                ok here are some images of the ship im working on

the ship is a sort of hybrid ship a Tauri designed front end mated with a Hatak. It has 12 hybrid cannons (both staff cannons and launchers for the bombs from an Alkesh) There is 1 glider/ cargo bay on the backside(not shown here) Ring transports for ship 2 surface transport. It also carries 32 Trident Missiles with Mk. V Naquadah Enhanced warheads. Not enough to bust a Gate but enough to do some serious damage. Carries a crew of about 1000 Jaffa at max but only requires half that number to operate efficiently. The ship measures 200 feet high at max height 450 feet wide and 900feet in length. (the last 2 pics are of the Peltak)
                there are no images....

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                  That's an acceptable reason

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Message sent out to the Judges
                    Here it is, the Tenth Challenge, Below is the rubric, my original post, and the members entered in the contest. Please send these back ASAP so I can have the final scores tabulated in a timely fashion.

The Members Entered

Dr. Lee
                    Pharaoh Hamenthotep
                    Alx
                    RJB Part I
                    RJB Part II

The Tenth Challenge

For the Tenth Challenge it will be Ground Base. Plain and simple, abide by the standard rules that are in the first post of this thread. All submissions are due on November 25, 2009 at Midnight EST. If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go look at them they are on the first post. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

The Tenth Challenge Rubric

They will be graded on a scale like so:
                    1 - Not Acceptable, Not Present
                    2 - Acceptable, Partially Present
                    3 - Excellent, Present

The set up is below:

-Member Name
                    -Base Name
                    -Base Specs
                    -Base Use
                    -Real Life Stargate Tech (no technology advanced beyond the show currently)
                    -Presentation
                    -Originality
                    -Style
                    -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all)

Total = __________

Please send me back your decisions and reviews, total your numbers please
                    Yours truly,
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                      there are no images....
                      sorry somehow my attachments got wiped try now.

Comment

I decided that the first design was a little to funky with the hatak at the back like that so i had to do a revamp. here is the preliminary.
                        Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 28 November 2009, 06:10 AM.

Comment

looks too tauri now...

defo needs soften on those bow lines, but I like the shape!

sigpic

Comment

it looks tauri because the tauri helped to design and build it. in exchange for getting their hands on a fully functional hatak and various other goa'uld tech. as well as the ability to use the Jaffa Shipyards to build more daedy class craft faster. (easier access to Naquadah And Trinium)

Comment

i agree with merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                                i agree with merlin.
                                which part soften the bow lines or the Tauri look?

It is a work in prog. all input is welcome
                                will post new pics l8r.

Comment

Working...
                                X