Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree to the judges on that.

Very well done PH
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone knows easy method of creating a bio dome, like the eden project
      http://www.landmark.co.uk/corp/graph..._thumbnail.jpg
      or this http://www.flyingsheep.org/work/tv/s...phics/dome.jpg
      in Maya.
      Everything I tried so far just produce results which either rubbish or would require hours/ days of tickering with for it to look right.
      I there must be a way to do it which is quick an simple, and easy, using a MEL script or the duplication tools, I just cannot figure it out my myself, any help is welcome.

Comment

I think I'll be taking part in the GWMC this time around and like Experiment I'll be doing an ancient based ground base. So far I have put about 20 minutes in and got started on my hanger area which there will be 3-4 with a main command area and other odd building.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
        Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Nice start Ryan :thumb:

I'll post a pic of mine for the end of the night.

Check up on CASF for more.
          Attached Files
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Well... onto plan B then

My first idea was something VERY similar to RJB's.... but at sea....though i've got an idea that'll take plan A away from RJB's design

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Well... onto plan B then

My first idea was something VERY similar to RJB's.... but at sea....though i've got an idea that'll take plan A away from RJB's design
              Having the same plan does not equal the same result.

We've been modeling together here on gateworld so long we are all starting to think alike.

Added a bit more to the model.

Still only around 5,500 polys.

Last edited by RJB; 22 October 2009, 04:24 PM.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Anyone knows easy method of creating a bio dome, like the eden project
                http://www.landmark.co.uk/corp/graph..._thumbnail.jpg
                or this http://www.flyingsheep.org/work/tv/s...phics/dome.jpg
                in Maya.
                Everything I tried so far just produce results which either rubbish or would require hours/ days of tickering with for it to look right.
                I there must be a way to do it which is quick an simple, and easy, using a MEL script or the duplication tools, I just cannot figure it out my myself, any help is welcome.

To make a hexagon, just make a soccer ball (Create > Polygon Primitive > Soccer Ball)

Or to make it a bit different, just do a Chamfer Vortex (Edit Mesh > Chamfer Vortex) on a sphere.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Thanks maniac, the chaver option seem to produce a nice result.

Comment

here's the start to my attempt

Spoiler:

not really got much of the stats set in stone yet, but the idea is to have half of the base under the surface, and just have flight ops on the surface.... though in a couple of hours work, not yet got to the underwater side yet...

the base would be equipped with a small number of F-303's and four GateJumpers. A small number of the F-303's would be stationed on the surface, with the rest located in the underwater hanger. the main crew quarters and/or scientific wing(s) would also be located underwater with just the main control rooms and flight ops centre on the surface.

As i've been trying to do now... there's another image on CASF

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Looking like a good start lee and I do like the suggested idea of making it submersible.

As for my model, when done I'll be releasing it in the CASF download area.

Comment

Part of my entry.
                        Spoiler:

the final model intended on being an underground Asuran shipyard complete with Ancient/Asuran Warship!

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                        Looking like a good start lee and I do like the suggested idea of making it submersible.

As for my model, when done I'll be releasing it in the CASF download area.
                        so will i

Comment

This may sound like a stupid question as the title of the challenge is ground based...does that mean we can't do a floating base; like captain scarlet's skybase?

If I was to enter I want to create a Tauri floating base...about time the Nox helped us! lol

sigpic

Comment

Still have to finish the top and some of the inside of the hanger itself as well as a few odds and ends around it.

A ship for some scale.

Comment

One building almost done.

Comment

Looking good RJB, cant wait to see the finished thing.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X