Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    Well I thought I end all this crap about stories and grammar. And show a couple of ships designs I currently working on. They are only in the stages, but I do not know which to actually trying complete.

The first one is a airliner with for thirty or so passengers seats, probably more. I currently not sure where stuff like the engines, or luggage will go yet. It will have shields but no weapons for now.

[ATTACH]7139[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7140[/ATTACH]

This one is more of a two to five man craft design for short hops round the galaxy and short range journeys between star systems. Through some people have modded it to allow much faster travels and used for general cruising around.

will post picture tomorrow.
    Improper attachment
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well I thought I end all this crap about stories and grammar.
      THANK YOU!!!! I don't care about spelling and grammar, if i got into r.p. section maybe i would. also if i make my own website no-one would see it because i've aready made one at freewebs http://www.freewebs.com\daredevil-k and no-one's come. By the way don't correct my story's, i don't like it.
      Last edited by daredevil-k; 07 November 2008, 01:32 PM.
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
      god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Again stop posting inrelevent post on this thread, go to the fan fiction section to post your stories or to advertise your website.
        And put the website in your signature with a catchy title, people will click on it for curiosity.

Comment

any suggestions?
          Spoiler:
          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

don't post it here lol
            Visit my Website

Comment

Back to the challenge…

My idea is a multipurpose vessel, that will be used to mine ore on other worlds and have enough space in the cargo holds to transport it. I also wanted to think like a business so I’m adding space to carry passengers to gain revenue from that aspect.

I also want to make it look very Prometheus meets Deadalus. My thought behind this is the plans and tech could be given to a civilian company to produce a vessel quickly and cheaply.

Hope I get it all done in time!

sigpic

Comment

Early design for challenge

To increase production of Earth’s military fleet the IOA proposed the formation of a civilian based mining program. Astra Engineering and Technology was given the contract after their work on aspects of the 303 and 304 projects. The contract detailed that the all cargo would only be distributed to nations within the IOA, in return detailed plans regarding the construction of the 303 and 304 and required systems were given to Astra Engineering and Technology. Some systems were withheld such as the galactic hyper drive and the Asgard energy based weapons on security grounds.

With the stargate program revealed to the public the demand for interstellar travel could not be ignored. To augment revenue from each mining mission Astra Engineering and Technology’s vessel has the ability to accommodate up to 80 passengers.

Name: Helios class
                Role: Cargo vessel and civilian transport

Last edited by Merlin1701; 22 December 2008, 05:27 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Its looking really good here Merlin, I like what im seeing
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Slight Update. I've decided to go a different way with this challenge. Partly cause I wanted to use that model I teased earlier for a different ship, and partly because I want to put a new modeling program to use in this.

I don't have a teaser for the new ship (and won't, this time), mostly cause this idea is coming at you all from WAY out in left field and I don't want to spoil the fun. One cool thing though, every part needed to build this ship exists in REAL LIFE right now! Though of course it is still 100% stargate.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Container:

11.14m long
                      9.03m wide
                      8.29m high

834m^3 of space

36x

30000m^3 total

68.22m long
                      45m wide
                      26m high

normal:
                      67m long
                      9.6m wide
                      7.25m high

top/bottom cargocraft
                      45.56m long
                      10.52m high
                      34m wide.

~Design Specifications~

-Class: Hercules

-Designation: H-4

-Type: hyperspace-capable ship

-Role: Cargoship

-Builders: Lockhead/Skybus

-Users: Tau'ri :Lockhead/Skybus

-Length: 68 meters

-Beam: 45 meters

-Height: 26 meters

-Hull: Steel/Aluminium

-Capacity:
                      ~Crew: Pilot/Copilot
                      ~Maximum: 6

-Powerplant:
                      ~1x Mark I [basic power]
                      ~2x Mark I [hyperdrive]

-Propulsion:
                      ~1x Inercialess drive
                      ~1x Tau'ri Hyperdrive

-Armament:
                      ~None

-Cargo Complement:
                      ~12x Cargo Compartiment
                      ~2x Independent Cargo Mover [12x Cargo Comparitment]

-Defenses:
                      ~Low-thermal emission technology (cuts thermal radiation by 21%)
                      ~Alkesh-level Shield

-Additional Technology:
                      ~Subspace Receiver
                      ~Sensor Array
                      ~Subspace Communicator
                      ~Subspace Locater Beacon
                      ~'Black Box'
                      ~Magnetic Clamps.

~Cargo Compartiment

-Designation: C-1

-Type: Cargomover

-Role: Cargomover

-Builders: Lockhead/Skybus

-Users: Tau'ri :Lockhead/Skybus

-Length: 61 meters

-Beam: 34 meters

-Height: 10.5 meters

-Hull: Steel/Aluminium

-AI
                      ~advanced AI

-Powerplant:
                      ~1x Mark I

-Propulsion:
                      ~1x Inercialess drive

-Armament:
                      ~None

-Cargo Complement:
                      ~12x Cargo Compartiment

-Defenses:
                      ~Low-thermal emission technology (cuts thermal radiation by 21%)

-Additional Technology:
                      ~Sensor Array
                      ~Subspace Communicator
                      ~Subspace Locater Beacon
                      ~Magnetic Clamps.

Each Cargomover is an independant craft. it locks onto the Hercules, after which it can be moved interstellar. other specialized companies are hired for intergalactic transport.
                      Hercules are loaded by 3 Cargo Movers: 1 loads the hercules itself, the other two attach and clamp onto it. this has been shown to be effective, heavily reducing the loading time.
                      a fully loaded Hercules can carry 30000m^3 of cargo, impressive for its size, as its six times the amount a box shaped hercules of normal size could do. this, combined with its ability to carry 36 cargopods, each possibly filled with different cargo, makes it extremely versatile.

loading/unloading:

one Cargomover places itself ontop of the craft, and lowers the pods into the pod holders of the Hercules. it then moves away, as two more Cargomovers approach, one turning itself upside down and attaches to the belly, the other lands on top. taking just a minute to load, this has allowed great speed in the Lockhead/Skybus cargo transport. though generally more expensive than others due to relatively low amounts of cargo carried per flight. they are famed for their speed however, often used by companies incapable of affording late deliveries. the Hercules is little more than a spine for the Movers, its most important piece the Hyperdrive. due to three Inercialess drives when fully loaded, it retains its speed. the hyperdrive was built to be used by a Hercules, including the need for a larger hyperfield than an unloaded one.

this is my craft. pics come later. please criticise. ive done function over fashion, common in the industial world

Comment

update on my space liner.

shuttle 3.jpg

shuttle 4.jpg

Will fix the mesh errors in the next up. Any advice on the engines.

Comment

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I love that one!!!!!! OF COURSE I'M GOING TO WRITE MY STORIES (not to many but a few)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

update on my space liner.

[ATTACH]7176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7177[/ATTACH]

Will fix the mesh errors in the next up. Any advice on the engines.
                            I'd go for the yellow grid engine, like on the Aurora
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I was gonna go for blue but to keep the judge happy it will Aurora yellow grid engine, where to fine good reference.

Comment

I was gonna go for blue but to keep the judge happy it will Aurora yellow grid engine, where to fine good reference.
                                Now Now I'm not one of the judges here, don't get me confused with the panel of secret judges
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X