No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open, glowing power conduits are generally bad on a stealth spaceship.

Comment

maybe they're designed to give off FALSE energy signatures?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        maybe they're designed to give off FALSE energy signatures?
        Then their jamming equipment, not power conduits.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
          Right then keeping on the tracks of the modelling challenge...have we all agreed on land based vehicle?

finger are you overseeing this round...if so when do we start?
          Has it started yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            Open, glowing power conduits are generally bad on a stealth spaceship.
            Tom, shut up. Inside a stealth field there could be a thousand very hot strippers and even you couldn't pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
              Tom, shut up. Inside a stealth field there could be a thousand very hot strippers and even you couldn't pick it up.
              You underestimate me.

A cloaking field seems to take all the ship's emissions and send them somewhere else, probably subspace, given the similarities between it and shield tehcnology. But with good enough sensors, people can see those emission, like when Anubis tweaked his ha'taks to see through tel'tak cloaks.

Comment

Sorry guys I have been getting absolutely swamped by school work. It's a constant barrage of senseless assignments and tests, made worse by the fact that this semester is accelerated and thus I'm having major tests every other week.

Does someone else want to administer the next challenge?

I can do it, but expect delays and such up until the 25th of August when I finish exams. I always think that I'll have time but between school and work plus what little down time I get, there isn't much left over for the rest of this month.

Comment

I have a good challange
                  Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                  god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil-k View Post
                    I have a good challange
                    you going to share

Comment

Knowles2: you missed out on the stealth ship! Yours was really good as well.
                      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                        Knowles2: you missed out on the stealth ship! Yours was really good as well.
                        Yeah you right mine was really good, because it so stealthy I cannot remember what it look like or even starting it.

I know I did the challenge before that, a alien ship design, which is either in somewhere amongst my recovered files or gone to Hard drive heaven/hell.

Comment

I think you should be a modeller to set challenges, how else can you judge the work and the skill?

while we wait for bob should a mini-challenge be set, like create a shuttle type vehicle; something really small?

sigpic

Comment

If everyone want to set a challenge I will.
                            I plenty of ideas for the next challenge.

Comment

A cat..... lol

no, actually An Atlantis and the best Atlantis wins! OR A Wraith ship?
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                              god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Ninth Challenge

For this, the Ninth Challenge the goal it to create a Land Based Assault Vehicle that can be used in multiple ways. Plain and simple, abide by the standard rules that are in the first post of this thread. All submissions are due on October 10, 2009 at Midnight EST.
                                Please use your brain when you want to question things, this is a simple challenge.If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go look at them, don't ask me. I posted them for a reason.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X