No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right now.... i don't think i'll need an extension...... i just couldn't remember when the challenge was set to end

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Started on the basic shape of my manned prototype.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Everyone's ships look like they're coming along nicely.

Merlin, if there is only a few of you participating then I'd rather avoid an extension. You all still have 3 weeks so hopefully that's enough. But since there aren't a lot of people participating, I'd like to move onto the next one so that more people can hopefully join in.

I'm not sure when Bob gets back, if he's not back at the beginning of August then I say we just vote on what the next challenge shall be.

Anyways, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
          Started on the basic shape of my manned prototype.

Doesn't look as threatening as the unmaned one.

Comment

love the design RJB... but forgive for asking this, which end is the front? Is the flat end the rear?

Had a very slight setback earlier.... lost maybe 30 minutes of work..... but i can get that all back in a few minutes..... luckily.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Doesn't look as threatening as the unmaned one.
              Give it time. Once I give it some teeth then you may change your mind.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              love the design RJB... but forgive for asking this, which end is the front? Is the flat end the rear?
              The flat end is the back. I tend to develop my engines once I start doing some of the detail work.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Finger - totally agree, my statement was to infer if Bob is not back are you doing another challenge, perhaps I flowered it up a little to much.

perhaps a science vessel or battleship next.

Ryan - As i said on http://www.callingallstargatefans.com/ i really prefer the manned version it reminds me of the bomber, and lets all face it that was a very hot ship!!!

sigpic

Comment

personally, i think the next challenge should be something other than a ship..... a base maybe.

Comment

Wow.. this competition will be tough... Luckily I participate too

!!Big images!!
                    Spoiler:

Some idea of the scale. Too big maybe?

I've been thinking.. maybe I'll make it an alien origin with some alternative approaches to stealth field technologies

Comment

Seems about the right size actually, besides the humongous reactions engines.

Comment

Wow, all the greats are in this challenge.
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          Wow.. this competition will be tough... Luckily I participate too

!!Big images!!
                          Spoiler:

Some idea of the scale. Too big maybe?

I've been thinking.. maybe I'll make it an alien origin with some alternative approaches to stealth field technologies
                          For some reason I expect the part in the front to rotate. Looks good Semmer.

Comment

now you say that RJB.... i do too

Quick update.... testing out the hull texture for the stealth ship.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              now you say that RJB.... i do too

Quick update.... testing out the hull texture for the stealth ship.

Spoiler:
                              You really do have the stealth look down.

Started on the detail work of the front of my ship. I hope to have a good chunk of the top done over this weekend.

Comment

sem - thats a nice looking ship, reminds me of the krenim ship in year of hell. I agree with the statement of the rotating outer section.

rob - i love that ship, it just looks so stealthy. reminds me a little of a honda civic...i dont know why but i love that car too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X