• Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on the limpet mine for my ship.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

very good
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

...are you doing anything for this challenge 442?

sigpic

Comment

quick update..... not sure if i can get on here again today without a load of hassle.....

Working on one of the two Drones the ship will be equipped with.

Just to say, i've not changed the lighting at all in the first image..... the drone really will be that dark to the naked eye....

Spoiler:

Here's a quick shot with a white backdrop..... and the start of the recon systems in the nose fo the drone....

Spoiler:

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

its nice, looks strange that its so round when the ship is not.

Are you coming up with the same problems as me...in that the ship will not have much detail on the outside to make it sleeker and less likely to be spotted, so more detail on missiles, mines, probes etc?

sigpic

Comment

Yup...... i'm thinking of trying to build a bridge to up the detail level.... but i've still got the underside Missile bay to model yet.... THAT will definitely up my detail level.

Comment

SDL: looking good

Merlin: Alas, i have too much work to take part.
                sigpic

Comment

442 - I read on casf that your going to reclassify your destroyer as a battleship, I think thats the right choice. It always looked like a big battleship to me. How big are you going to streatch it, i think it would look alright at 750mL or even 800mL.

after i have finished this challenge i think im going to create a varient on the penthetor fighter i created for my fighter carrier. something a little needle threader-ish.
                  Spoiler:

then im going to go back onto my earlier concept for this challenge and make it into a small transport ship.
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I really love your fighter!!!

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

quick update on my drone release system......

Spoiler:

not sure whether to go with two drones or three.

Either way the release and capture system will be the same. Deploying the drone, it's simply a case of extending the cradle up above the hull of the ship and releasing the magnetic clamps in the cradle.

Capturing is a bit more interesting. using a bit of computer code similar to the Jumper-entering-the-gate code, the drone positions itself above it's cradle at the same speed as the ship. The cradle extends and the magnetic clamps activate, the cradle then retracts down. once in it's 'down' position a small cable extends out form under the cradle into the underside of the Drone, enabling the information the drone has gathered to be downloaded into the ships systems.

Comment

looks good SDL.

I think it looks better with three, but for the sake of common sense, i think two would be enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          quick update on my drone release system......

Spoiler:

not sure whether to go with two drones or three.

Either way the release and capture system will be the same. Deploying the drone, it's simply a case of extending the cradle up above the hull of the ship and releasing the magnetic clamps in the cradle.

Capturing is a bit more interesting. using a bit of computer code similar to the Jumper-entering-the-gate code, the drone positions itself above it's cradle at the same speed as the ship. The cradle extends and the magnetic clamps activate, the cradle then retracts down. once in it's 'down' position a small cable extends out form under the cradle into the underside of the Drone, enabling the information the drone has gathered to be downloaded into the ships systems.
                          I'd go with 3 for redundancy, and reduce the number of extensible arms, two should be enough.

Comment

Thanks EX442, Tom.....

I've already gone with three drones (Managed to get some quality time on a better computer.....) and i've done a quick run through of the engines and a extendible hyper drive spire..... next up is texturing out the turrets and getting to work on the missile bay...

When's this challenge set to end?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

When's this challenge set to end?
                              If I remember it was the end of July so lots of time.

Going to start on my manned ship tomorrow if all goes well and I may start texturing my unmanned probe (I think I'll keep it in the same style as my bomber.)

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                                If I remember it was the end of July so lots of time.

Going to start on my manned ship tomorrow if all goes well and I may start texturing my unmanned probe (I think I'll keep it in the same style as my bomber.)
                                Ryan - that legend of a bomber, I remember the old colouring issues during the bomber task! lol
                                TBH I'm really looking forward to how your manned version will look, i wasnt 100% about the long thin nose of the unmanned version. Thats just MO though, too used to big noses of the tauri designs.

Rob - It was the end of july bus finger said that an extension would be quite alright, is it just us three in on this round. I can't remember when bob said he would be back from the sticks to the world of models. If there is no extension will finger do another round???

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X