• Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on my Hermes class destroyer.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

kinda hard to distinguish from the greebles if the texture as all the same.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

so, no insults/comments on my ship? oh well.

merlin1701: the ship looks great. I just think that the guns should stick out a bit more, it is one of the main features right? anywho, i like the nice thick neck and the deadalus head look alike. the sides of the ship are kind of, well, a bit bland really. I can see quite a lot of your tradmark stuff in there as well (triple barrel and so forth) also the engines would look so sweet with a small cover going over the top, not the bottom. Overal it looks like one hell of a destroyer, keep in mind the god of sketchup is in this, at least i think they are.
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Ex: your ship looks really nice, keep working on it

anyway, here's my basic layout for my NIGs (apparantly Naquadria Ion generators now, and not Neutriono). not the greatest, but the pic is from before i put any detail in. anyway, i've been getting some rendering times of doom

sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
            so, no insults/comments on my ship? oh well.

merlin1701: the ship looks great. I just think that the guns should stick out a bit more, it is one of the main features right? anywho, i like the nice thick neck and the deadalus head look alike. the sides of the ship are kind of, well, a bit bland really. I can see quite a lot of your tradmark stuff in there as well (triple barrel and so forth) also the engines would look so sweet with a small cover going over the top, not the bottom. Overal it looks like one hell of a destroyer, keep in mind the god of sketchup is in this, at least i think they are.
            Looks Good so far, Maybe add some texture?

Update: Greebling Greebles
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

looks good, but the neck still need more breaking up. guess you're on it, though?
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                looks good, but the neck still need more breaking up. guess you're on it, though?
                Breaking up where?
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

the center of the neck still looks kinda like a... brick. especially from this view. a bit of more detailing wouldn't hurt
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                    the center of the neck still looks kinda like a... brick. especially from this view. a bit of more detailing wouldn't hurt
                    Umm. . . . . yeah, All of the large white portions are parts I haven't gotten to, As in, I was modeling the other parts of the ship and I haven't started those areas yet.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

ok, just checking
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

update. This could be the best ship i've ever made. Looks kind of good from the back, but a head on makes it look like a brick. anywho:

Spoiler:

bob that ship it great! you going to put a few missile silos in on the neck maybe?
                        sigpic

Comment

looks great, but exposed gas pipes is never a good idea ^^ srsly though, all that piping makes it look kinda built-by-orlin-in-a-basement-with-a-toaster-and-other-random-electronic-devices. otherwise, really nice
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

not really finsihed yet. I was thinking of putting like some cage armour around it. like rib cage armour.
                            sigpic

Comment

ok, good couse it seemes a bit risky just puting it out there. especially with earth ships nasty habbit of loosing shields at the most precarious times.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X