Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
    its definately impresive those ships alone are big like aura sized.
    BiggER.

Comment

Just (maybe.)
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
      god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
        BiggER.
        Are we gona get a fleet chalenge some time cos i have a ship that might be bigger

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Well to be honest to make fare any model enter to the competition should be new and created from when the competition starts. That way it fair for all competitors involve.

Actually think the next should land based. Something interested. A alien base architecture be a good one to do.

Comment

how about a gou'ald hat'tak building place, I forget what their called.

Or maybe a abydonian pyramid.
            Last edited by daredevil-k; 11 October 2008, 09:49 PM. Reason: pyramids
            Spoiler:
            god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

bumpity! Now with pix

Spoiler:

Bridgeview!

My recent compact-fighter exiting one of the hangars.

Atlantis, using 3200m scaling.

Now the detailing is becoming problematic because the dimensions are massive. There's no point in making all the windows i want from polygons. I might need to try UV-mapping, or wrapping or what the heck was it.. And that means more learning in photoshop...

Comment

Wow!!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

goody goody only four days left, the count down begins. NICE semmer!
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                    bumpity! Now with pix

Spoiler:

Bridgeview!

My recent compact-fighter exiting one of the hangars.

Atlantis, using 3200m scaling.

Now the detailing is becoming problematic because the dimensions are massive. There's no point in making all the windows i want from polygons. I might need to try UV-mapping, or wrapping or what the heck was it.. And that means more learning in photoshop...
                    awsome you probly won it

Comment

probably
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I cant wrap my head around how big that place is. I think it might hurt the design making it so huge. You could make it half the size it is now and it'll still be huge and still be in the right size range.

The scalings needs some work because you can see the window frame from where the human for scale is. If it was to size, the should would be way bigger than it is on the dock. From the size you are showing, the ships are slightly bigger than the Daedalus. And the size of the base would be the same as Atlantis, maybe smaller.

Remember thats still a big place, with a lot of metal.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

2 more posts till it becomes a red thread, There will be more than 150 posts .
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            I cant wrap my head around how big that place is. I think it might hurt the design making it so huge. You could make it half the size it is now and it'll still be huge and still be in the right size range.

The scalings needs some work because you can see the window frame from where the human for scale is. If it was to size, the should would be way bigger than it is on the dock. From the size you are showing, the ships are slightly bigger than the Daedalus. And the size of the base would be the same as Atlantis, maybe smaller.

Remember thats still a big place, with a lot of metal.
                            Well, the width of the station is somewhere around 10km and lenght around 11km so... Yea, I know. It's huge.

The scaling isn't going to change, since it has a purpose in building those massive ships i've placed there. And those ships aren't same class as daedalus. If I remember correctly they are somewhere 4-5 times as long.

The human in the 10m high window didn't work correctly, since Sketchup goes haywire if I try to take view closer to the human. I might put the station on max tonight and see if there's better results.

Comment

Update either last or second too last

i tried to convey scale though my station would fit in the big docks of semmers

Stargate isnt mine but it would be a crap gateroom without one dont include the quality of the gate in judging just asume one is there

Spoiler:

cross section of hangar from above

Last edited by Ed; 19 October 2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

You miss spelt accesses and missiles.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X