No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking of a human faction on Earth that does things their own way, or a race not yet encountered in Pegasus or even Andromeda

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

still have no clue of what to do with the rear. tried a couple of simple chemical rockets, but they simply didn't fit in...

sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

I have the exact same problem, Im trying something now and its taking ages, and sofar I like it, but I dont know yet....

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

i tried doing simple Ion engines, but when i try to make them glow...

the render takes like 10 mins, and if i put in more light than this, it turns completley white. the original color was "steel blue"...
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

thats the problem with podium. the more light, the lighter the color. reduce the light to 1% or so, and turn the faces around the blue one to reflective. this will create a cool effect

Comment

how do i make different faces do differend things? i'm a newb at podium.
              Last edited by tjoflojt; 10 May 2009, 07:35 AM.
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Hehe

Comment

plugins>podium>view, click the face, you see two bars. one is for light, one is for reflection

Comment

yeah, but when i select a new face, the settings for the old one disapears...
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

so what?

oh wait. the setting is still saved, click that face and the settings will re-appear

Comment

aha... but do i have to have all faces selected when i render? and will they have their individual settings?
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

i believe so

Comment

I tried...
                          here's the result:

i'll try increasing the light
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

just mess around a bit.

1: click the blue faces.
                            2: move the block "light" to the right. i'd guess 20%.
                            3: now click the faces AROUND the blue, then move the block Reflect to the right (with faces around it i mean the "engine")
                            now deselect and press render.

-> if a face turns black, click it in the model, right click, then reverse face. color it just the same, and now it should turn to the proper setting

Comment

ok, i'll fool around a bit

EDIT: 500th post!!
                              Last edited by tjoflojt; 10 May 2009, 09:25 AM.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

any successes yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X