No announcement yet.

Ancient Power Source [ShrineSspoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could have been that ollesium from S1 or 2, the guys with the cool ships and penal colony by the gate. might be the PG version of naquadah used fro the stargates or new lantian tech.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
      so the ancients knew of this parasite yet did nothing about it not even a cure??

just biuld a machine and let them live for a day and then be killed by radiation

i think they should now put a mounted drill on the wall and the user should place there head next to it
      In many respects, they were clearly developping a feeling of superiority and divine essence. If they can fire radiations that clearly shrink the parasite, they could probably kill it.
      That said, I don't think the device was precisely meant for that creature. More of a all purpose kind of thing.
      They probably also avoided the complete cure thing to circumvent prolongated settlements in the cave and have wars around it. They're likely those who edicted those rules followed by Pegasiasns for eons.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well its entirely possible, thinking about it, that it was the same kind of radiation used by the telchak device, but a naturally occuring form of the element that they used to build it. The shrine's inscription might have been the ancient's labelling it for future use. We know that the telchak device has a super dense mineral, they said its unlike anything they have ever seen. I can remember the exact phrasing but it could be the same thing, except the ancients had either already mined that source or it was not large enough or suitable for refinement in to the telchak technology, thus they left it, but it was still strong enough to provide the low level radiaton field around the shrine. Seeing as niether Mckay or jeanie had any knowledge of the telchak device, they might not have know about that kind of energy reading.

Its the plausible explaination IMO, the shrine is a very low grade or naturally occuring telchak device.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I dont think its similiar to the telchak device, the power source, maybe, but not the device itself or its radiation. the telchak one emmited some field that healed people to the point of zombifying dead people, while the shrine emited radiation which was harmfull to both the parasite, and humans. Remember, the shrine didnt heal or kill after a day, the shrine only emmited the raddiation, that the parasite was afraid of, and people died after a day, because they started feeling bad from the radiation and so went out of the cave, at which point the parasite expanded again and did lethal damage to the persons brain. Atleast thats how mckay/keller/dont remember who explained it.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
            Since we've never established the amount of time a ZPM takes to properly build (I've theorized 50-100 years), it makes sense that in time of war they would look to develop quicker sources of energy. Many like Arcturus would fail.
            thats doubtfull. just because the zpms arent around very much any more dosent mean they werent back then. so taking 100 years to build one is absurd. i mean my guess is that it requires very rare naterials, that they had at the beggining of the war, to make zpms but as the war went on, those materials were depleted and they couldnt find more so they stoped making zpms or rather made them less often and looked for an alternative that would still give you massive amounts of power, which is where project arcturus came from, and the power source in the shrine was one of those attempts at getting massive amounts of power, but from a more plentiful source.

my theory is that the mineral or whatever it was, was a pegasus version of naquada. now we know from the last man, that naquada generators, at least the ones they will be making at least 25 years from now, could power the shield of atlantis for an extended period of time. now if we were ale to find a way to draw that much power from naquada generators, then the ancients would be able to do the same thing with their version of naquada. actually their version might be able to provide even more power than ours.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

what if iys not a power source they may just use it to repel the bug
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                what if iys not a power source they may just use it to repel the bug
                Seems really damn pointless then. Then agan, the Ancirets ad a knack for making poinless things, but this is a bit complicated for a alteran version of a scale model.

Now can anyone tell me why they didn't state what part of the electromagnetic spectrum it was radiating on? That's bound to be important.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  In many respects, they were clearly developping a feeling of superiority and divine essence. If they can fire radiations that clearly shrink the parasite, they could probably kill it.
                  That said, I don't think the device was precisely meant for that creature. More of a all purpose kind of thing.
                  They probably also avoided the complete cure thing to circumvent prolongated settlements in the cave and have wars around it. They're likely those who edicted those rules followed by Pegasiasns for eons.
                  I don't think the device they encountered was ever a healing device to begin with. According to what was said in the episode the radiation was the result of the machines power core decaying. For all they know the shrine could be whats left of an ancient power plant similar to one of our modern day Nuclear plants

Comment

Ok, I didn't notice that bit in the episode. So it was a reactor in a cave... right.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      Ok, I didn't notice that bit in the episode. So it was a reactor in a cave... right.
                      More like a useless pile of radioactive material.

Comment

Working...
                      X