Most unexploited tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
    Remember this happend in a different timeline and it is very likely they have no clue how to do this.
    If you're talking about the Matter Conversion tech
    Spoiler:
    This was used to create the Replicator in Ark Of Truth
    so that shows that we have the ability to use that technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
      If you're talking about the Matter Conversion tech
      Spoiler:
      This was used to create the Replicator in Ark Of Truth
      so that shows that we have the ability to use that technology.

Very good point, that completly slipped my mind.

Comment

^They need to fnd a way to use it on a much larger scale.
        In season 8 (I think) of SG1 the Prometheus had to transport a building that was a huge Naqueda bomb off of Earth and in Thor's Chariot the Balistna transported the Piramids that were beeing built by the Gouald off of that planet using it's transporters, so I don't see why Area 51 couldn't build a construction ship that could make any technology from the Asgard knowledge base.
        After all Carter did say in Unending that matter convertors are modified Asgard transporters.
        Thor did say that they gave us all knowledge and technology of the Asgard, so I assume that meens plans for any piece of Asgard tech like NIGs and other experimental, highly advanced stuff should be in the core and be ready to construct.
        If we can power it we should be able to build ships virtually in the core and make them using the matter conversion technology.

Comment

^They need to fnd a way to use it on a much larger scale.
          In season 8 (I think) of SG1 the Prometheus had to transport a building that was a huge Naqueda bomb off of Earth and in Thor's Chariot the Balistna transported the Piramids that were beeing built by the Gouald off of that planet using it's transporters, so I don't see why Area 51 couldn't build a construction ship that could make any technology from the Asgard knowledge base.
          After all Carter did say in Unending that matter convertors are modified Asgard transporters.
          Thor did say that they gave us all knowledge and technology of the Asgard, so I assume that meens plans for any piece of Asgard tech like NIGs and other experimental, highly advanced stuff should be in the core and be ready to construct.
          If we can power it we should be able to build ships virtually in the core and make them using the matter conversion technology.
          Yes that would be good but they would never over power the characters with the ability to build ships like that.

Comment

The Asgard matter creators can definitely do more, but I don't think they can just make ships. The O'neill wasn't built in such a way. There must be limits to what it can produce as if it could make NIGs then they could of outfitted Odyssey with them to power to jump back in time.

Comment

Yes that would be good but they would never over power the characters with the ability to build ships like that.
              True, that would make things way too easy.

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
              The Asgard matter creators can definitely do more, but I don't think they can just make ships. The O'neill wasn't built in such a way. There must be limits to what it can produce as if it could make NIGs then they could of outfitted Odyssey with them to power to jump back in time.
              I don't recall it being mentioned by Thor or any other Asgard how they built the O'Neill or their ships in general.
              The Asgard aren't very strong so I doubt they could do any heavy lifting.
              It's just moving atoms around so I don't think size really matters.
              The core was new to Sam and she was concerned with turning back time, they had the ZPM and the core's power source so I just don't think she thought to make another power source.
              The whole power thing could very well just be an Unending plot hole

Comment

I don't recall it being mentioned by Thor or any other Asgard how they built the O'Neill or their ships in general.
                The Asgard aren't very strong so I doubt they could do any heavy lifting.
                It's just moving atoms around so I don't think size really matters.
                The core was new to Sam and she was concerned with turning back time, they had the ZPM and the core's power source so I just don't think she thought to make another power source.
                The whole power thing could very well just be an Unending plot hole
                We saw the O'neil being built. I don't see the matter converter being able to make power sources as they'd of done it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                  We saw the O'neil being built. I don't see the matter converter being able to make power sources as they'd of done it already.
                  I haven't watched Small Victories in a while but I thought the O'Neill was at least flight worthy when Carter and good old Thor (may he rest in peace) beamed onto the Balistna class ship.

Comment

I haven't dug through the whole thread, so sorry if someone's already mentioned this...but has anyone thought much on Ba'al's Multi-Dial program? As in, what would happen if a physical object or even a person walked through while it was active? Theoretically speaking said person would be sent to all of the planets that were dialed, simultaneously. This could translate into instant death, or, alternatively, instant mass cloning. Better yet, what if a DHD's computer thingy could be altered to store incoming patterns before translating them to the next gate? Then you could 'back-up' yourself every time you went through. Would solve the lil Asgard problem for sure.
                    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

GCS d- s+: a--- C++++ U P+ L E--- W+(++) N o K- w O? M+ V? PS++ PE- Y+ PGP- t+ 5++ X R++ tv b(+) DI(+) D- G e>(++) h! r++ x?

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Comment

I haven't watched Small Victories in a while but I thought the O'Neill was at least flight worthy when Carter and good old Thor (may he rest in peace) beamed onto the Balistna class ship.
                      I think Thor said it wasnt finished yet you could also see a bunch of small ships moving around it. It was in a sort of "dry dock" thing I belive.

Comment

I think Thor said it wasnt finished yet you could also see a bunch of small ships moving around it. It was in a sort of "dry dock" thing I belive.
                        Later in the episode when they lure the Replicator controlled ships into hyperspace and self destruct the O'Neill it appears to have most systems available, (it can fly ), maybe it was just the weapons that weren't active.

I'm guessing that those smaller ships could've had beaming/matter conversion tech and constructed the ship in sections.
                        They may have even had tractor beam technology, we know that the Asgard had it coz they were able to tractor the Prometheus in Unnatural Selection.
                        Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 10 October 2008, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EternityStar View Post
                          I haven't dug through the whole thread, so sorry if someone's already mentioned this...but has anyone thought much on Ba'al's Multi-Dial program? As in, what would happen if a physical object or even a person walked through while it was active? Theoretically speaking said person would be sent to all of the planets that were dialed, simultaneously. This could translate into instant death, or, alternatively, instant mass cloning. Better yet, what if a DHD's computer thingy could be altered to store incoming patterns before translating them to the next gate? Then you could 'back-up' yourself every time you went through. Would solve the lil Asgard problem for sure.
                          I think it might of been mentioned, here or in another thread. I would hope that the gate would have a programme that would prevent it. It has to clear its cache when it sends info on. Now we can manipulate gates there are so many things we can do. Some good for the story some bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X