No announcement yet.

Stunning Metal Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i remember beign that guy. 10k is the only real milestone left for me. Theres no upgrade in rank or avatars to acheive, but 10k is a big thing for me, for me 5k i did the guide to ship design, now im doing a fleet guide for 10k. seems appropriate. But yeah 4 years in november...i feel old lol
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
      Well it could work. In the episode Sateda a stunner staff destroys a wooden box with a single shot.
      That was the staff thing, which is more powerful. It can take several, well aimed shots from the Wraith stunner pistol to knock someone out, but with the staff-like stunner, it only takes one shot, anywhere.

Besides, they (the Wraith) probably "turned-up" the settings on the staff-like stunners used on Sateda, when they where hunting Ronan.

Back to the original question: shooting a metal door with a Wraith pistol stunner thing won't really do anything. You might as well "will the power of the God's" to open the door. [<-- That being useless]

Comment

No the kinetic energy still counts to damage a door, and at the very least electrical seasl would be affacted.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          No the kinetic energy still counts to damage a door, and at the very least electrical seasl would be affacted.
          Uh, not really. It's like repeatedly hitting your front door. It's not just going to fall off the hinges, or whatever if you spend hours standing there, hitting it.

As for the electronic seal thing, I'm not sure how repeated hits of high voltage, low current shocks are going to disrupt what ever electromagnetic seals hold a door shut. And supposing the seal(s) aren't electromagnetic, and where physical bolts, or whatever, in the door itself, electricity still isn't going to do anything.

And, while I'm proving my point, these doors where designed/built/and installed by the Ancients, one would think they would have some common sense to isolate any sort of electrostatically sensitive components in/around the door.

I'm done.

Comment

Erm
            these doors where designed/built/and installed by the Ancients
            Atlantis doors are completely useless. In all respects the doors on atlantis have barely any function, they are not airtight, they can be opened just shooting the panel next to it, thwey can be prised open. Thewy are not watertight, them being installed by the ancients in effect proves that they shouldnt be there. in terms of door construction the ancients really dont have al eg to stand on...but thats another (my) thread.

As to the kinetic energy not counting, have you never knocked on your front door hard enough it falls down? My uni dorm door just fell of as i opened it once.
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              Erm
              Atlantis doors are completely useless. In all respects the doors on atlantis have barely any function, they are not airtight, they can be opened just shooting the panel next to it, thwey can be prised open. Thewy are not watertight, them being installed by the ancients in effect proves that they shouldnt be there. in terms of door construction the ancients really dont have al eg to stand on...but thats another (my) thread.

As to the kinetic energy not counting, have you never knocked on your front door hard enough it falls down? My uni dorm door just fell of as i opened it once.
              OK, I take back the last line on my previous post. But we where all talking about Atlantis' doors, right? Or was I under a jumper when it came to what doors we where all talking about?

Oh, duh!! Helps when you go back and read the first post entirely! Sorry about that!

Any way, I still think that we (as the builders of Midway) would have been smart enough to isolate any electrostatically sensitive components in or around the door.

As for a reason why the Wraith were standing there shooting the door, no one probably knows. I mean, the Wraith are smarter than that. It was probably just one (of the many) unexplainable whims of the writers. *Sigh*

And no, I (nor have anyone else) knocked any door down simply by repeatedly knocking/hitting/whatever. As for the "kinetic energy" bit, a door is not a sort of capacitor, repeatedly hitting it won't knock it down.

Comment

Working...
              X