Attero Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Hmm from the spoilers it says that it affects his new alliance, presumably the one set up by him and teyla in "the queen"...with "the supreme Wraith Queen in the alliance." The attero device and the queen i believe will be very much linked. Because the queen is about getting the wraith to stop feeding on humans by allying with the wraith, the attero device threaten that alliance, so i still think it has something to do with the wraith queens.
    Where did that come from?

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      and how exactly would it weaken or even destroy the Wraith? They have space ships...
      Very slow space ships.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        which is what i said. the gate destroyer
        I was reiterating.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
          Very slow space ships.
          Not really, thir just not intergalactic, but neither were the goa'uld, they could still cross the galaxy in a a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            Not really, thir just not intergalactic, but neither were the goa'uld, they could still cross the galaxy in a a week.
            In the episode Inferno a line of dialogue mentioned a Wraith hive ship being 3 weeks out. Unless they happened to be on the other side of the galaxy (how would the sensors detect that?) I'd say crossing the Galaxy takes a minimum of months.

Comment

In the episode Inferno a line of dialogue mentioned a Wraith hive ship being 3 weeks out. Unless they happened to be on the other side of the galaxy (how would the sensors detect that?) I'd say crossing the Galaxy takes a minimum of months.
              Point taken. Still, that's really fast. The distances were talking about are absolutely immense.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Point taken. Still, that's really fast. The distances were talking about are absolutely immense.
                I know, but you have to keep in mind the Wraith feeding cycle. Todd was captured in The Seer and started to show signs of starvation by Miller's crossing. This would suggest that the Wraith need to feed every couple of months, or at the longest can go several months without feeding. Since the Wraith would find it difficult to cross the entire Galaxy to sample "food" equally from many different planets, individual hives would be forced to wipe out entire worlds in order to sustain themselves and thus many feeding grounds would be lost permanently. This would result in an escalation in hostilities between hives, and in fighting would increase to protect feeding grounds owned by individual hives or factions.

Another possibility, based on the supposed magnitude of the would-be explosion in Redemption, is that the exploding stargates would destroy the human populations of Pegasus.

Comment

0r destroys wraith key worlds.

Comment

There has to be a catch to this weapon though, something that makes it less than ideal. Perhaps the device has a dialing algorithm that can't distinguish between Wraith and human worlds.

Comment

From the Gateworld article about The Lost Tribe:

Spoiler:
                      Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Rodney McKay have been forced to reactivate the Attero device, a machine designed thousands of years ago to annihilate the Wraith. In doing so, they discover the reason the device was ultimately abandoned by its Ancient creator -- while destroying Wraith ships that attempt to travel through hyperspace, the weapon inadvertently causes active Stargates to self-destruct.

Obviously not the Redemption device... (And I was hoping it would get a name. LOL)

My guess is it affects subspace in the entire galaxy. Maybe it even draws energy from subspace like the AR drive from Daedalus Variations.

Problem is the spoiler information also mentions:
                      Spoiler:
                      That Todd hijacks the Daedalus to try and take out the Attero device, so right now I'm drawing a blank on how the Daedalus could be invulnerable to this weapon if it is meant to destroy ships traveling through hyperspace.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        That Todd hijacks the Daedalus to try and take out the Attero device, so right now I'm drawing a blank on how the Daedalus could be invulnerable to this weapon if it is meant to destroy ships traveling through hyperspace.
                        Maybe it locates only Wraith ships and destroys them or maybe what it does to subspace affects only their ships because they are organic. We know that they need time to regenerate after travelling through hyperspace. Maybe the device somehow accelerates the degradation the ships suffer in hyperspace.
                        OK, I understand why the device would only destroy active gates... but come on... the Ancients buit the damn things... couldn't they make a program that temporarily deactivates all gates while the weapon is active ???

Comment

Maybe it makes humans immune to feeding like the Hoffan drug.

Or it makes the Wraith unable to detect their pray.

Or it is a weapon which only affects wraith tech.

Comment

Perhaps
                            Spoiler:
                            the Attero device was made ot exploit that weakness in Wraith technology that the Aurora crew discovered? However, that would mean that despite failing in their mission, the Ancients found a way to use it against the Wraith. Speculation though but from the spoilers it seems only Wraith ships and Stargates are affected by the device.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

its been used before otherwise todd would took over the earth ship , the device probaly exploits that the ship its organic and the blow up stargates is a side effect because maybe the subspace overloads the stargate
                              sigpic

Comment

so maybe its a subspace cannon? also: with the flaw, just use Avenger 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X