No announcement yet.

F305

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, considering the technologivcal leaps and bounds we've had, the 302s are due for replacement.

Some criteria I think:
    - exo/endo atmospheric capabilities
    - independence from traditional newtonian engines
    - Improved resilience against massed energy based atacks
    - incorporation of next generation crystal based quantum computers
    - ammunition independent primary weapon
    - compabitility with a wide assortment of secondary missile, bomb, and drone armements
    - hypersonic flight and meneuvering
    - incorporation of direct mind/machine interfaces

Possibly:
    - integration of kiron pathway outr armor layer
    - nanotechnological repair sytems

We've already made use of neural intefaces of earth, in the form of ancient stasis pods, i don't think it's an unimaginabel leap that we can adopt one of those for our fighters given the obvious advantages.

kiron patheay tech grants us near total DEW imunity, and we've shown we can make our own nanites, but whether we can implement them is doutful.

Incetia-less populsion is an obvious step forward: omnidirectional aceleration without fuel expenditure.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
      Actually most of stargate's stuff is based on real stuff.
      I agree with this.

Comment

tom, that would be WAY too expensive. "game chairs" would do the trick, just link the feedback to a 302 and you have a remote controlled 302. subspace comms, so its at long range.

-ceramic polymer hull. increased resistance against enemy fighter weapons.
        -fighter based X-699's. better size/effect ratio. meaning its essentially a plasma bazooka.
        -automate, so it can be run via game chair.
        -either Inerciallessdrive or VASIMIR plasma drive/laserSCRAMjet combo.
        -add a mark I
        -Add a jumperdrive.

perfect interstellar fighter. not too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          tom, that would be WAY too expensive. "game chairs" would do the trick, just link the feedback to a 302 and you have a remote controlled 302. subspace comms, so its at long range.

-ceramic polymer hull. increased resistance against enemy fighter weapons.
          -fighter based X-699's. better size/effect ratio. meaning its essentially a plasma bazooka.
          -automate, so it can be run via game chair.
          -either Inerciallessdrive or VASIMIR plasma drive/laserSCRAMjet combo.
          -add a mark I
          -Add a jumperdrive.

perfect interstellar fighter. not too expensive
          For the automate part, we would have to make sure that we won't end like the pilots in "The Other Side" (the Alien Nazis in SG1).
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

what do you mean? it just means its remote controlled, for the pilot it wont be any different looking or feeling. total realism, its just, when your craft is destroyed you arent dead

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              what do you mean? it just means its remote controlled, for the pilot it wont be any different looking or feeling. total realism, its just, when your craft is destroyed you arent dead
              He means the detrimenta effect on the operators.

Ancient, stasis pod mind/machine interfaces have never shown any detrimental effect on an operators health.

Comment

All that the F302's need is rail guns, which we have seen them have plenty of times. They can out fly just about every known fighter in two galaxies. Their weakness is that their 8 missiles run down very quickly. A Few energised hard points would mean we could fit rail guns very easily in addition to the missiles. All other equipment like shields/cloak/new hyperdrive are something for a future generaton of craft. However we could retroengineer PJ componants which would provide alot of those features (shield and cloaking matrix), engines based on drive pods, and the power source of PJ's would provide alot of additional power.

We have the technology and we could do it within the current model of 302, upgrade is better than redesign IMO, at least for a singificnat period of time has passed.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

well removing its dependance on fuel, and adding actual multiple long range high speed railguns, 5mm, plasmacoated slugs at over mach 10, range of over 400 kilometres, as missiles are more often used as railguns. we dont even know wheter they are railguns or regular guns

Comment

they sound like railguns and the ammo fired looks like railgun fire.

Missiles are a necessity that can be replaced by more powerful warheads or smaller ones depending on the mission.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Exactly, at the moment we have no replacement for missiles, even with advanced energy weapons missiles will probley never become extinct in fight combat. We have seen that the most effective weapons in stargate are missiles (drones) and that energy weapons on fighters are largely ineffective against skilled pilots... how many fighters have actually been downed by wraith or goauld or ori fighter weapons? a very small number over antartica, and again a small number in no mans land.

But missiles cannot be relied upon because they are expensive and expendable ordinants, they are also less effective against smaller craft than a well aimed rail gun burst. The amount of firepower it takes to shoot down a dart or glider is vastly inferiour to what a missile can actually deliver, with naquadah enhanced nukes or even just conventional explosive warheads being able to take down motherships when they hit, to take down a gliber with a missile seems a huge waste of a limited resource in combat. A set of rail guns with a few thousand rounds, perhaps with the long standing K-naq round concept being adopted would provide ample firepower to deal with any of the fighters and most of the smaller craft we have been up against. The missiles could then be used to deal with larger targets only. Perhaps a space based short range rocket would be more suitable than actual missiles, something thats highly accurate, moderately damaging but can be stocked in higher numbers on a single craft.
                      I would say the idea armament for the F302A would be.
                      *2x 20mm rail gun (fixed or turreted)
                      *4 AIM-9 Sidewinder's
                      *4 Naq enhanced nukes
                      1x Belly bounted (perhaps retractable) Hydra_70 rocket launcher (modified for space combat)
                      That would provide all the firepower needed to cover the full spectrum of fighter combat from dogfights to capitol ship attack runs.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

If I was designing a next-gen SG fighter, I would base it around the A-10 warthog. And by this I mean base it around a large calibre-multiple barrel rail-gun. Give it 2 ion drives(powered by a Naquadah reactor), like the ones on Daedalus, to simplify things. (Instead of the 3 different types of engines the 302 has).

Give it 8 under wing hard-points and 4 fuselage points. to carry a maximum of 20 missiles.

If I had room I would give an Inertialess manoeuvring system to increase its manoeuvrability, no shields, just trinium/titanium armour around the pilot(s) and vital systems.

It wouldn't have neural interface or hologram input or anything fancy that could go wrong, just a nice 'glass' cockpit.
                        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Their not glass now lol.

What 3 engines are you talking about on the F-302? I only know of 2.

I like the idea of having a Hydra 70 rocket system on the 302's but it would take up a lot of room. Plus one tube takes up 19 small short ranged rockets.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            Their not glass now lol.

What 3 engines are you talking about on the F-302? I only know of 2.

I like the idea of having a Hydra 70 rocket system on the 302's but it would take up a lot of room. Plus one tube takes up 19 small short ranged rockets.
                            1. Jets

2. Aerospikes

3. rocket booster

Comment

Originally posted by Omnipedia
                              "It is propelled by two standard thrusters and one large booster rocket, as its predecessor."
                              Originally posted by StargateWiki
                              The X-302 reached the hypersonic speed of Mach 6 inside Earth's atmosphere at an altitude of 30 kilometers. The interceptor uses the modified aerospike engines in high altitudes. These capabilities were most likely inherited by the F-302. (6.01 "Redemption Part 1", 6.02 "Redemption Part 2")
                              The jets are the Aerospike engines.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

The mark II naqudah generator can power the chair in atlantis (be near a barely controlled overload) so i think that it could power a few low powered energy weapon on a F-302-A, but there is also the fact that we could increase the size of the F-302-A a bit to add extra space for a powergenerator (or two space permitting) and they could also put in some sort of weapon like the darts weapon, but have like two fixed at the front (like the glider's staff cannon's) and one at the back that can pivot too make it so the F-302-A donr have loads of blind spots and can take out more enemy's in one pass than befor

also make the F-302-A's hull a little thicker, also there could be room for somedort of shield/cloak system like Mckay mickey moused for the Jumper's, the engines could be designed like the Jumper's aswell (like Voyager's foldeing Nacells) to make it more agile in combat. but basically what im saying is just basically take the advantages of every small fighter known and slap it onto a F-302 and then when it becoms nessidary they goverment will design a new ships too take advantage of the tech like the X-303/f-304
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X