No announcement yet.

A Russian 303

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Russians were only given 1 offworld SG-team and thats it.

I don't think they have been part of the archaeologists teams (Daniel has led a few) or the scientific teams (Carter has led a few).
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
      What's more British than this?

HMS Warspite

Took part in the Battle of Jutland! The largest naval battle in history and the only major naval battle in WW1
      Lol, I know about British naval history. But it's not a name that is always associated with Britain IMO.

I suppose we could call it H.M.S Prince of Wales if we really wanted to let people know who's ships it was. lol. I'm sure the PoW is supposed to be one of our new carriers in real life... maybe it'll be a 304. lol

More on topic: I'd give the Russians and French downgraded 303s, and Britain a standard 303. Not racist or anything but we're closer to the US than most countries. We already have the Joint Strike Fighter project, I don't see why we wouldn't have a Joint Starship project with them.

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
      Anubis' Thor-possesed ship
      That just gave me a really weird image, I when I think of 'possessed' I always think of the exorcist(film), so I got this weird image of a priest standing in a Ha'tak shouting 'The power of Christ compels you' at a wall... lol
      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post

That just gave me a really weird image, I when I think of 'possessed' I always think of the exorcist(film), so I got this weird image of a priest standing in a Ha'tak shouting 'The power of Christ compels you' at a wall... lol

Good one. Now I too got this weird image.....

La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Lol, I know about British naval history. But it's not a name that is always associated with Britain IMO.

I suppose we could call it H.M.S Prince of Wales if we really wanted to let people know who's ships it was. lol. I'm sure the PoW is supposed to be one of our new carriers in real life... maybe it'll be a 304. lol
          HMS Prince of Wales....isn't that the new name of one of out Queen Elizabeth Class Super Carriers?

I'm sure you do know about British naval history....I was just pointing out HMS Warspite is in fact quite a British name.

I think HMS Invincible or HMS Trafalgar or HMS Ark Royal (traditionally the flag ship of the Royal Navy) would be a much better name.

Comment

HMS Prince of Wales....isn't that the new name of one of out Queen Elizabeth Class Super Carriers?
            That's what I though.
            Just looking up on them now, there only 30m shorter than a Nimitz class super carrier.

I'm sure you do know about British naval history....I was just pointing out HMS Warspite is in fact quite a British name.
            Okay, my bad.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's about time the Invincible class Carriers just aren't adequate, the QE class can have 45 fighters I think, plus support craft.

Comment

Yeah it's about time the Invincible class Carriers just aren't adequate, the QE class can have 45 fighters I think, plus support craft.
                It' kind of embarrassing, we're supposed to be a major world military power and we have 3 dinghys with a dozen harriers on each...

I suppose we should get back on topic now...

sigpic

Comment

Yeah probably a good idea.....soooo Russian 303.....no?

Comment

Yeah probably a good idea.....soooo Russian 303.....no?
                    No, 304 is the way to go.

Comment

305, a small frigate type ship, cheaper to make than a 304 but nowhere near as well armed and doesn't carry fighters.

sigpic

Comment

305, a small frigate type ship, cheaper to make than a 304 but nowhere near as well armed and doesn't carry fighters.
                        Heck, a 304 without the hangar pods and you can scratch a lot of building material right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          If their aren't they would be in deep **** from the IOA.
                          And the IOA would be able to do... what, exactly?

The US controls the Stargate (and can get itself any number of replacement gates at this point), all operational interstellar vessels, all incoming alien technologies, all supplies of naquadah and trinium and all alliances and diplomatic relations with alien races. I imagine they are quite comfy with that situation. The IOA is basically a figurehead organization, established to create the illusion of "look, we're not selfish, we do share stuff!"
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

"look, we're not selfish, we do share stuff!"
                            But what do we share?

The US doesn't share any military advancements unless it has to.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              And the IOA would be able to do... what, exactly?

The US controls the Stargate (and can get itself any number of replacement gates at this point), all operational interstellar vessels, all incoming alien technologies, all supplies of naquadah and trinium and all alliances and diplomatic relations with alien races. I imagine they are quite comfy with that situation. The IOA is basically a figurehead organization, established to create the illusion of "look, we're not selfish, we do share stuff!"
                              The exposure of the Stargate Program? Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                                But what do we share?

The US doesn't share any military advancements unless it has to.
                                military advancements no but they we did share the naquada reactor tech with russia and now god knows how many other countries.
                                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                                X