If we had salvaged the Daedalus from "Variations"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    What is it with you people?! First you wine and complain that you want a another ship, then if you get it you wine and complain that it's ruining the story.
    You can't please all the people all the time. And if you tried the result would be bland and flavourless.
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
      You can't please all the people all the time. And if you tried the result would be bland and flavourless.
      Yeah, but pick an opinion and stick with it already!

Comment

Well if they were able to salvage the AR Daedalus, they could have named it Icarus
        sigpic
        "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
        Signature made by RJB

Comment

Icarus is the only appropriate name

...especially since this ship did, after all, fly a little to close to a sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
            Icarus is the only appropriate name

...especially since this ship did, after all, fly a little to close to a sun.
            So did the Daedalus In numerous episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
              then it would blow up a few episodes later.
              blowing stuff up can be fun.

and yes, I am nosey. very nosey.

Comment

If we had salvaged Daedalus from the ''variations'', we have had a supplementary BC-304 (OK, OK, some repairs to effect) and the basic stuff of a sub-space energy taping system and a trans universe navigational system. Anyway, it does'nt matter as McKay saved the essential data of this system :

McKAY: Actually, you know, I'm thinking about that. Now, true, the navigation system was flawed to start, but the basic principles of the drive are fundamentally sound.

SHEPPARD: Forget it, Rodney.

McKAY: I've saved the relevant data. Minor adjustments and I should be able to have this thing up and running ...

Comment

the sad thing is not only did we not get to keep the AR Daedalus, we also lost a Jumper... and we didn't get to keep the other jumper that was parked next to it, so we kinda lost 3 ships, 1 big, 2 small i was really hoping to keep the new jumper at least, did they take a green firing gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Eberhardt View Post
                    the sad thing is not only did we not get to keep the AR Daedalus, we also lost a Jumper... and we didn't get to keep the other jumper that was parked next to it, so we kinda lost 3 ships, 1 big, 2 small i was really hoping to keep the new jumper at least, did they take a green firing gun?
                    They most likely did but we will not see it again. And it does stink about loosing the jumper , but they always seem to find some more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eberhardt View Post
                      I don't get it, they could get to jumper bay becuase it was decompressed without air.
                      But when the rescue jumper get to the team they were in there EVA suit outside of in space waiting for rescue.
                      so if they have EVA suit, why didn't they just go to the jumper bay and take both jumper.
                      I don't think they bring back they alien green energy weapon, because that is what the writer does.Make them forget to do ormal people would do.
                      How many Wraith Dart does Earth have?many times SGA stole a dart for escape, and didn't they bring it back.
                      And that time they capture a hive for over two episode and weeks.
                      Did they bring back any dart back to Earth.It would be cool if SGC got a few Dart for the milkyway operation.

And what about the Alien fighter?
                      The Alien got boarded because there was a hull breach.
                      Could any of the alien fighter still attach to sections of the Daedalus.If they could bring a sample of the Alien fighter from an alternative realities, it will be cool.

And what about the dead alien body?
                      They should bring it back tostudy the new species, because they may come one day.
                      We all love an alien autopies video.

Comment

Already wrote this a few times…on the ded var section. Why isn’t this thread in there?

If it was salvaged call it the Phoenix, rising from slightly scorched remains of the alternate Deadalus.

sigpic

Comment

what practical purpose would something like that have? maybe can get you out of a hot situation quick but there are easier ways to do the same thing. its seems just to steal from other universes
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"The Icarus"

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                              I like the name. I wonder if we'll ever see the Phoenix, which I believe was the ship from the alternate timeline in "The Last Man."
                              We Have seen the Phoenix. It was renamed the General hammond.

CKWONGAU said:
                              I don't get it, they could get to jumper bay becuase it was decompressed without air.
                              But when the rescue jumper get to the team they were in there EVA suit outside of in space waiting for rescue.
                              so if they have EVA suit, why didn't they just go to the jumper bay and take both jumper.

The answer is quite simple the EVA suits where at a pressure hatch. that was not close enough to the fighter bay for the team to be able to get to the jumper and get the jumper out ofthere before the AR drive activated.
                              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Working...
                              X