AR-Drive / Subspace Energy Technology - [Daedalus Variations Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
    The Quantum Mirror was destroyed a long time ago. And even if it existed it could only take you to another Universe in which there is another Quantum Mirror and that Universe would most certainly be inhabited.
    There might be more of those around..
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
      There might be more of those around..
      I don't think so... if there were more of these in our Universe and a person from an alternate Universe wants to come here through their own (alternate) quantum mirror then how does the alternate mirror know to which quantum mirror in our own reality to send the traveler ?

Comment

the thing was designed with one thing in mind: in other realities, they would create them aswell

Comment

If you build the AR drive then you could investigate and learn from other realities. You could also make defense pacts with your alternate self. Share resources.

If Earth is about to be attacked a defense pact could enable you to call on 100 other Earths to help. So, your three battlecruisers could be supplemented by say 1 or 200 hundred more in an instant.

Shared research could be equally invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
            If you build the AR drive then you could investigate and learn from other realities. You could also make defense pacts with your alternate self. Share resources.

If Earth is about to be attacked a defense pact could enable you to call on 100 other Earths to help. So, your three battlecruisers could be supplemented by say 1 or 200 hundred more in an instant.

Shared research could be equally invaluable.
            The potential of the technology is trully infinite.

I imagine however comunication would be quirky. (same names all round, remember the time SG-1 kept showing up, Hamond calls Carter and ger a whole room ful)

Comment

and then you have all these alt realities sticking up ONLY FOR their realities might make a mess of things, and then maybe some reality could be one of those nega-realities and so you have SG-1 whose goal is to punish and enslave and yada yada....
              *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                and then you have all these alt realities sticking up ONLY FOR their realities might make a mess of things, and then maybe some reality could be one of those nega-realities and so you have SG-1 whose goal is to punish and enslave and yada yada....
                Ah, but the whole point of such an alliance is to contact friendly universes.

Comment

yea but all those bad ones will also have smart mckays too and those smart bad mckays will figure a way to come and get you, theyre not restrict by morals and such like we are

sigpic

Comment

yea but all those bad ones will also have smart mckays too and those smart bad mckays will figure a way to come and get you, theyre not restrict by morals and such like we are
                    Battle of the multiverses then *cue mortal combat theme* Everyone versus their evil twins.

Comment

all of these alternite realities is starting to make me think of the show sliders, about going to different realities yea you can find a lot of cool good guys but there are bad guys out there too... plus the exposer to diseases that might not have evolved in this reality... double edged sword so to speak...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Battle of the multiverses then *cue mortal combat theme* Everyone versus their evil twins.
                        exactly

sigpic

Comment

exactly
                          Well, theres nothing we can do about it, hope for some god luck, and let the first round begin!

Comment

I can't help but believe that when we actually left the Alternate Daedalus stranded at the previous universe, that we left the ship to the "Legion" (what i'm calling the new aliens). I really think thats how our new enemy is going to get to our universe!
                            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                              I can't help but believe that when we actually left the Alternate Daedalus stranded at the previous universe, that we left the ship to the "Legion" (what i'm calling the new aliens). I really think thats how our new enemy is going to get to our universe!
                              The ship was going backwards. It already passed them.

Comment

id work it like this
                                build the power supply route it to systems that are always on
                                charge the weapons and shileds from it also
                                that way as you draw the enegry you use it
                                kinda like a fire thats to big to go out but doeesnt get enogh water to put it out
                                constant power
                                the power supply works just fine
                                the problem was the the connections to the drive and the rest of the ship
                                Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X