Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you drop an activated stargate into an ocean....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They kinda explained in the show itself why water and air doesn't gush through the gate from one planet to another you know....
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      if that doesn't deserve green i don't know what does
      edit: sorry, i've spread to much in the past 24 hours...
      thanks, just don't forget it in the next 24 hour period
      Trailers and PR
      Stargate: War Begins team
      http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
      forums:
      http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Once it settle no water would get through. It was said in watergate that carter theorized that the gate can distinguish between something wanting to go through and something that flows. Watch watergate. They werent talking about the water lifeform but stuff in general.
        sigpic

Comment

I suggest you watch "Inferno" again, because that already answers this question. the gate fell into lava and they told Atlantis to turn on the gate shield because the lava was going through.
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

so, like i said. the gate, EH up, on the bottom of a multi kilometre deep trench in the ocean, would CERTAINLY push the water through

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
              I suggest you watch "Inferno" again, because that already answers this question. the gate fell into lava and they told Atlantis to turn on the gate shield because the lava was going through.
              Thats due to the movement of the lava, it was flowing towards the gate so the gate interpreted it as wanting to go through the gate.

Water would not as its a constant volume and pressure, would only start to flow if you actually started the flowing motion. And no gravity would do nothing due to a contant surface area....

Comment

And no gravity would do nothing due to a contant surface area....
                so it WOULD do something

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  so it WOULD do something
                  not sure what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Einherjar View Post
                    not sure what you mean?
                    2 times no = yes
                    That's what he means

Well, i hope Because if not i'm just an idiot
                    Trailers and PR
                    Stargate: War Begins team
                    http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                    forums:
                    http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

ok lets illiterate. sorry. i ment NO(,) gravity would do nothing....... sorry for got the comma.

Comment

if you go deep enough under the sea, the pressure is immense. toss the gate deep enough, like i said a million times, and water WOULD get through

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          if you go deep enough under the sea, the pressure is immense. toss the gate deep enough, like i said a million times, and water WOULD get through
                          It wouldn't, you need an external force to start the initial movement.

Comment

what crap is that? you have MORE than enough pressure to get it through. and besides, water would "fall" to the earth via gravity. seeing as random moving water molecules could go through, there could be suction. and a gate going down would destroy water cause its at the back of the gate, and enters it due to the gate sinking. therefore creating downward suction, and the water would go through the EH

Comment

its said somewhere that the gate can hold things back that are giving a even pressure at the event horizon
                              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

evidence?

even then, the pressure wouldnt be even. due to suction, the gate travells down fast. thus rapid pressure change, thus no even pressure, thus water blasting through

Comment

Working...
                                X