Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
    Asgard shields.

The problem with these shields is that there is a bleed through effect.
    The more fire an asgard shield comes under, the more the bleed through effect. A bad thing if your hull isn't thick! Another bad pointer is that the asgard shields are depleteable, and need time to recharge, unlike ancient shields, which maintain the same shield level and instead deplete the power source rather than the shield
    You mention the city shield, but in the episode Travelers damage bleeds through despite there is still power. Sheppard wants to fire drones form the chair and the Wraith Cruiser shoots bolts against the shield and then the chair gets offline.

Comment

yes, but the strength of the shield depends on the power output of the source. the point is that ancient ships would be able to stay in battle longer than 304's because they aurora class doesn't need to recharge shields.

Comment

Yes they do if they can weaken they need to recharge.

Can you imagine what kind of situation you would have if it is as you say.
        Shield at 80%
        Shields at 10%
        Shields at 0%, let's get out of here, we need to recharge the shields.

Aurora
        Shield at 20%
        Shields at 0%, luckely we do not need to recharge let's keep fighting

Also in the episode Travelers the shield were down, if it is as you say, there should be no power left on the ship. Yet, Sheppard fires drones shortly after the shield were down, and I'm sure drones require power.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
          Yes they do if they can weaken they need to recharge.

Can you imagine what kind of situation you would have if it is as you say.
          Shield at 80%
          Shields at 10%
          Shields at 0%, let's get out of here, we need to recharge the shields.

Aurora
          Shield at 20%
          Shields at 0%, luckely we do not need to recharge let's keep fighting

Also in the episode Travelers the shield were down, if it is as you say, there should be no power left on the ship. Yet, Sheppard fires drones shortly after the shield were down, and I'm sure drones require power.
          Firstly, ancient shields stay at the same level, like i said in the first place, ancient shields don't get depleted, the power source does. when did this jump from atlantis to an Aurora. and the shield generator could have been damaged, therefore rendering the shield useless. I didn't say that the aurora shield was inpeneterable. who knows, maybe aurora shields are depletable, atlantis's are not! their different shields.

Comment

Shields:
            Ancients .. all you need to do is look at the impenetrable City Shield

Hyperdrive:
            Asgard.. Nothing indicates the Ancient are faster.

Power Generation:
            Ancients.. ZPM.. need I say more
            Weapons:
            * Energy Weapons:
            Tie: Asgard.. Plasma Beam weapon they whipped out in under a year.
            Ori.. The massive Main gun on the Toilet ships..
            * Projectile Weapons:
            Ancients.. Even the Ori where afraid of the drones..

Comment

I can't believe nobody has already said this.... the MW replicators were obviously the most advanced pre ascended race... followed closely by the Furlings

Spoiler:

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                I can't believe nobody has already said this.... the MW replicators were obviously the most advanced pre ascended race... followed closely by the Furlings

Spoiler:

LOL, and no, the MW replicators were not the most advanced race, and i'll tell you why. For one they were wiped out by an Ancient 'weapon' after being drawn to the MW galaxy on a trip of revenge and emotion. Also, they were limited to obtaining knowledge from other races, much like Earth, in order to survive in war against the Asgard. In terms of intellectual and self advancement, they were just machines, able to process information but unable to comprehend meanings and form understandings...
                Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                  LOL, and no, the MW replicators were not the most advanced race, and i'll tell you why. For one they were wiped out by an Ancient 'weapon' after being drawn to the MW galaxy on a trip of revenge and emotion. Also, they were limited to obtaining knowledge from other races, much like Earth, in order to survive in war against the Asgard. In terms of intellectual and self advancement, they were just machines, able to process information but unable to comprehend meanings and form understandings...
                  Firstly, the Ori were wiped out by an Ancient weapon, and they weren't exactly primitive.
                  Secondly just because something is made of non-organic substances, doesn't mean it can't be sentient. Afterall we are just machines. The human formed replicators displayed sentience and even emotion (fifth). Even the normal form replicators were very intelligent, being able to adapt to lots of situations. At the start of season 8 they had surpassed the Asgard (remember Thor didn't know how they'd managed to escape the black hole)

Comment

Actually.. I take back everything i said.. and replace it all with

Furlings

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      Firstly, the Ori were wiped out by an Ancient weapon, and they weren't exactly primitive.
                      Secondly just because something is made of non-organic substances, doesn't mean it can't be sentient. Afterall we are just machines. The human formed replicators displayed sentience and even emotion (fifth). Even the normal form replicators were very intelligent, being able to adapt to lots of situations. At the start of season 8 they had surpassed the Asgard (remember Thor didn't know how they'd managed to escape the black hole)
                      Firstly the ORi were wiped out by an Ascended weapon, not the same as an Ancient.
                      And if you actually read my post and comprehended what I was saying, I was implying that the Replicators could not understand the information and the meaning behind it as they do not operate on the same level as us.
                      Take notice of what DJ says, or you will never Ascend...
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                        Firstly the ORi were wiped out by an Ascended weapon, not the same as an Ancient.
                        And if you actually read my post and comprehended what I was saying, I was implying that the Replicators could not understand the information and the meaning behind it as they do not operate on the same level as us.
                        Take notice of what DJ says, or you will never Ascend...
                        Daniel isn't always right.... our brains are just computers... yet we haven't done something that the Asgard can't understand. Replicator brains/computers are far superior. And when he said "it's understanding on a level you'll never get", he wasn't implying that he could understand it, I doubt any of us lowers could fully comprehend the ancient knowledge

Comment

Here's a thought; since the two most-advanced races we ever fought (Replicators/Asurans and Ori) were both wiped out by Ancient weapons, let's just go with Ancients as the most advanced.

So here's my little list:

Most Advanced
                          Alterans/Asurans
                          Ori
                          Asgard
                          Nox/Furlings?
                          Ida Replicators
                          Earth (with alien technology)
                          Tollan
                          Hebridanians/Serrakin
                          Tok'ra
                          Free Jaffa Nation/Goa'uld System Lords
                          Races of "The Other Side"
                          Earth (normal)
                          Genii
                          Least Advanced
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            Here's a thought; since the two most-advanced races we ever fought (Replicators/Asurans and Ori) were both wiped out by Ancient weapons, let's just go with Ancients as the most advanced.

So here's my little list:

Most Advanced
                            Alterans/Asurans
                            Ori
                            Asgard
                            Nox/Furlings?
                            Ida Replicators
                            Earth (with alien technology)
                            Tollan
                            Ashen (sp?)
                            Hebridanians/Serrakin
                            Tok'ra
                            Free Jaffa Nation/Goa'uld System Lords
                            Races of "The Other Side"
                            Earth (normal)
                            Genii
                            Least Advanced
                            Perhaps Puff

Comment

please place asurans WAY beneath asgard
                              ori aswell. they got OWNED by the asgard.
                              besides, the sangraal was ASCENDED knowledge. and dont start about ascention not making you omniscient. you open up to the universe, and immediatly gain knowledge. not all, but still enough. the borderline is too vague, thus ascended and not ancient. wheras to the ARG. i personally believe its an asgard/ancient hybrid. didnt look very ancienty. besides, all they needed was knowledge about replicators to complete it, as opposed to making the weapon entirely from ancient knowledge. its clearly not purely ancient, as indicated by the asurans. had the ancients had such technology, the asurans wouldve been wiped out by the ancients, something that didnt happen. the replicators wouldve been beaten aswell, as reese most likely was ancient design or inspired.

the ark didnt defeat the ori. it was the sangraal, so clearly ascended knowledge.
                              the ark did brainwash. seeing as even goauld and wraith are capable of it, and galarans, its not that big of a feat. it did seem to create unquestionable brainwashing, permanent as opposed to reversable. its light seemed to make it alot easier to use. besides, we couldve done it all on our own, but the plot needed the ark as opposed to just convincing them the ori lied. which isnt too hard to do, either via technology, or just show them their pathetic gods are gone, dead forever. all that has to happen is having morgan show up, and tell them that had their lost warriors ascended, they shouldve popped up to say "hi". tadaa.

besides, ascended win hands down. either that, or asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                please place asurans WAY beneath asgard
                                ori aswell. they got OWNED by the asgard.
                                besides, the sangraal was ASCENDED knowledge. and dont start about ascention not making you omniscient. you open up to the universe, and immediatly gain knowledge. not all, but still enough. the borderline is too vague, thus ascended and not ancient. wheras to the ARG. i personally believe its an asgard/ancient hybrid. didnt look very ancienty. besides, all they needed was knowledge about replicators to complete it, as opposed to making the weapon entirely from ancient knowledge. its clearly not purely ancient, as indicated by the asurans. had the ancients had such technology, the asurans wouldve been wiped out by the ancients, something that didnt happen. the replicators wouldve been beaten aswell, as reese most likely was ancient design or inspired.

the ark didnt defeat the ori. it was the sangraal, so clearly ascended knowledge.
                                the ark did brainwash. seeing as even goauld and wraith are capable of it, and galarans, its not that big of a feat. it did seem to create unquestionable brainwashing, permanent as opposed to reversable. its light seemed to make it alot easier to use. besides, we couldve done it all on our own, but the plot needed the ark as opposed to just convincing them the ori lied. which isnt too hard to do, either via technology, or just show them their pathetic gods are gone, dead forever. all that has to happen is having morgan show up, and tell them that had their lost warriors ascended, they shouldve popped up to say "hi". tadaa.

besides, ascended win hands down. either that, or asgard.
                                The Asgard having one really cool piece of technology (beam weapons) does not make them more advanced than other races. They were seriously lacking in other areas, particularly genetics...

And no, having a greater understanding of the universe doesn't automatically mean you can just build whatever you want with no problem. We have yet to see actual proof that ascension gives you "ascended knowledge," and that has itself been said to be wrong several times on the show ("Ascension doesn't make you all knowing!"). We know the Ancients spent millennia studying ascension and its properties, why is it so hard for people to believe that, GOSH, they found a way to neutralize ascended beings, too?I mean, after spending thousands of years studying the concept, you'd think they could do it...

But no, of course not. What was I thinking? The most advanced, highly-scientific race ever not capable of that? Yupp. God, I'm such an idiot...
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X