No announcement yet.

The Asgard - The Best Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s09119 why argue with Killman? He's clearly an Asgard fan boy and his heavily retarded list isn't even worth replying too.

Just so you know Killman the shields, weapons, power source and other sections should clearly way in the Ancients favor.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Frankly, it's not even debatable which is the most advanced between Ancients and Asgard. Of course the Ancients are more advanced, but one is entitled to believe that the Asgard are more advanced because their tech looks cooler or because their ships look slicker, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
        Frankly, it's not even debatable which is the most advanced between Ancients and Asgard. Of course the Ancients are more advanced, but one is entitled to believe that the Asgard are more advanced because their tech looks cooler or because their ships look slicker, I guess.
        Personally I thought the Asuran cruises from "Lifeline" were the absolute coolest ships ever on the show... but that's just me haha.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Umm well the Ancients built the stargate as well as the rings plus they kinda created life in the milky way galexy by the means of that weapon on the Jaffa world of Ti card( i know the spelling is off but i sounded it out)Plus we don't evean know about the furlings. The Asguard died off cause cause they can't bread any more and after a while of cloneing decided to kill themselves but the Asguard have powerful ships and advanced hyperdrives.I think the best race though was the Noxs cause out of all the other races the noxs are the only race that are still around. They don't use that much technolgy but they are so evoled that they have certain powers like the ability to make thing cloaked.
          sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Originally posted by SGAtlantisP60 View Post
            Umm well the Ancients built the stargate as well as the rings plus they kinda created life in the milky way galexy by the means of that weapon on the Jaffa world of Ti card( i know the spelling is off but i sounded it out)Plus we don't evean know about the furlings. The Asguard died off cause cause they can't bread any more and after a while of cloneing decided to kill themselves but the Asguard have powerful ships and advanced hyperdrives.I think the best race though was the Noxs cause out of all the other races the noxs are the only race that are still around. They don't use that much technolgy but they are so evoled that they have certain powers like the ability to make thing cloaked.
            The Ancients were evolved enough that they had powers too; telekineses, regeneration, healing, etc.

And by "Ti card" do you mean Dakara? It's pronounced "Daa-car-ah." And sorry if this comes off like I'm making fun of you, but I'm just trying to help you out
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yes I would agree that the Asgard are better than the ancients but the ancients were great for building the stargates and the Asgard were better at everything else. But the asgard also had long (the time between the ancients going poof and us meeting them) but you also have to remember they looked to us for a solution to the replicators.
              sigpic

Comment

My opinion the Ancients are the all around most advanced race however the Asgard do have a few things over them

The two most obvious is Weapons and Beams other then that they are either on par or below the Ancients, now what I mean by weapons is that the latest asgard weapons that were put on the Oddy were able to punish both the wraith and more importantly the Ori and it was said in the alternate reality that the drones were able to hold the ori off while the asgard beam weapons were able to destroy the ori ships and then of course beams go in favor of the asgard

and if anyone thinks the NIG is equal or more powerful then a ZPM is crazy its just a great power source but the ZPM is the best by far

But I do agree that Merlin knowledge must be of an ascended nature and shouldn't count because everything he made was after he deascended with the knowledge he had so it should not be counted because we haven't seen any other Anicnets with anything close to that
                Last edited by fugiman; 10 July 2008, 10:45 PM.
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                  Yes I would agree that the Asgard are better than the ancients
                  "Sigh"

Oh brother, you have truly lost it...

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    My opinion the Ancients are the all around most advanced race however the Asgard do have a few things over them

The two most obvious is Weapons and Beams other then that they are either on par or below the Ancients, now what I mean by weapons is that the latest asgard weapons that were put on the Oddy were able to punish both the wraith and more importantly the Ori and it was said in the alternate reality that the drones were able to hold the ori off while the asgard beam weapons were able to destroy the ori ships and then of course beams go in favor of the asgard

and if anyone thinks the NID is equal or more powerful then a ZPM is crazy its just a great power source but the ZPM is the best by far

But I do agree that Merlin knowledge must be of an ascended nature and shouldn't count because everything he made was after he deascended with the knowledge he had so it should not be counted because we haven't seen any other Anicnets with anything close to that
                    Harry Maybournes bunch of troops more powerful than a ZPM???????

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                      Harry Maybournes bunch of troops more powerful than a ZPM???????
                      I knew something was wrong when I posted that but I couldn't just name it
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Supreme Commander;8540358]
                        Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post

I'm sorry. My bad. I should have explained this better. I was talking about the asgard plasma weapons. Plasma is a state of matter, so it has molecules, i don't know about other energy weapons having molecules, but plasma does.
                        Sorry for the vague description. Any other questions?

And as for the ori and atlantis shields, we don't know for sure which is more powerful, but im leaning strongly toward atlantis.

And, i didn't say anything about the eye of the gods. that was some other dude.
                        Im that case I agree with you, plasma beam weapons most likely don't use sheer power to penetrate, given that it takes three shots to destroy a Hive and a single 304 size ship flying into a hive can destroy it at once, therefore the collision was likely more powerful than a shot of the beam. And we know that Ori shields can withstand a collision of a ship superior in size (Ha'tak). Therefore it has to be a combination of power and design.

Also the shield of Atlantis is stronger, since it can't fluctuate and Ori's can as seen in Unending. Also Atlantis shield can most likely block drones (as all Ancients shield (Be All My Sins Remember'd the Traveler Aurora.)).

Comment

HURRAY. someone smart enters the battlefield

As for the transporters, I gave the Ancients extra because they'd developed a wide variety of transport systems, not only the one the Asgard had.
                          seriously. thats totall and utter stupidness.
                          the asgard had developed a transporter that doesnt require you to stand on 3 square metres and beaming away. you can be beamed from anywhere to anywhere, as long as you are in the massive beaming range. why the hell create other transporters? seeing their homeworld, they could just beam anywhere on it, from one side to annother, from any point to any other point, and you want them to make transporter booths and other platform based transporters? whats that for useless crap? give atlantis asgard transporters, and you dont need their fancy lifts anymore. you can be beamed from the apollo in orbit directly down to your quarters, or any other place within the beaming range of atlantis. build a beaming relay station, and you can beam from atlantis to the mainland, to a ship in orbit. and you want platform based transporters?

"hey shep, im going to the mainland"
                          *steps on platform*
                          *appears on the mainland*
                          *evil tribe shows up, and takes out the platform*
                          "dammit"

* dissapears in thin air*
                          * appears at mainland*
                          * evil tribe shows up*
                          "requesting immediat beam off*
                          * gets beamed away before the tribe can do anything*

as to ship-to-ship transport without dropping shields
                          "sir i found a way"
                          "great, show it"

* uploads transporter modulation code*
                          "sir, we can beam off and on whenever we want. the jamming momentarily shuts off when transporting, and the shield allows it through at any time. besides, other ships allow it aswell. so only our beam transporters allow ship to ship transport"

and if you thought asgard only had that beam transporter. in early days, they had something like a wraith culling beam. hammer of thor for one.

Comment

. And we know that Ori shields can withstand a collision of a ship superior in size (Ha'tak). Therefore it has to be a combination of power and design.
                            actually the sizes in the episode camelot and flesh and blood are horribly off, evidenced by someone who spent ages on scaling many ships. including ha'taks and ori motherships, showing that ha'taks are clearly smaller.

besides, yes, the deathrays are meant to penetrate. its the energy version of the AP bullet. by applying large amounts of energy to a small area causes even the most powerfull shield to leak the beam through. THEORETICALLY, the same should happen to atlantis, as it has segmented shielding.

EVIDENCE:
                            * rising*

"parts of the city are flooded"
                            "the shield is failing! "

various computers and screens showed red spots on the shield. bombard atlantis long enough with asgard beams, and tadaa, they penetrate it.

besides, ori ships have formidable shields. but the asgard weapons arent designed to DEPLETE, but to PENETRATE
                            its like firing an AP bullet through a door, to kill the one behind it, or firing a grenade to destroy the door and killing the one behind it. the AP bullet doesnt have the power to destroy the door, but can penetrate it and kills the guy behind it.

the grenade can kill the door, and kills the person behind it, but has alot of energy it doesnt use. focussing the energy of the grenade into a singe thin beam of energy would allow much better results. hence the asgard beam weapons. they apply sufficient force to an area, on which the shield has local failure and the beam penetrates. tadaa, that simple. as to how to take out an ori mothership: fire a beam at the prior chair/bridge thingey.

hives can be taken out by 3 lucky shots. some argue the ancient sattelite weapon was much better. but hey, asgard beams penetrate. the sat was meant to slice. it used a laser or particle weapon to slice through. its true, as there is no other explanation for the weapon being of such low energy combined with its results.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              HURRAY. someone smart enters the battlefield
                              So anyone who disagrees with you is dumb?

seriously. thats totall and utter stupidness.
                              the asgard had developed a transporter that doesnt require you to stand on 3 square metres and beaming away. you can be beamed from anywhere to anywhere, as long as you are in the massive beaming range. why the hell create other transporters? seeing their homeworld, they could just beam anywhere on it, from one side to annother, from any point to any other point, and you want them to make transporter booths and other platform based transporters? whats that for useless crap? give atlantis asgard transporters, and you dont need their fancy lifts anymore. you can be beamed from the apollo in orbit directly down to your quarters, or any other place within the beaming range of atlantis. build a beaming relay station, and you can beam from atlantis to the mainland, to a ship in orbit. and you want platform based transporters?
                              Platform-based ones make more sense in an urban environment, especially human ones, as it's just what we're used to. And we have seen Ancient transporter technology, I don't care what your Asgard-loving self says about Merlin or not.

*steps on platform*
                              *appears on the mainland*
                              *evil tribe shows up, and takes out the platform*
                              "dammit"
                              And how does one destroy a platform made of naquadah...?

* dissapears in thin air*
                              * appears at mainland*
                              * evil tribe shows up*
                              "requesting immediat beam off*
                              * gets beamed away before the tribe can do anything*
                              He could easily just be killed as soon as he arrives, you know.

as to ship-to-ship transport without dropping shields
                              "sir i found a way"
                              "great, show it"

* uploads transporter modulation code*
                              "sir, we can beam off and on whenever we want. the jamming momentarily shuts off when transporting, and the shield allows it through at any time. besides, other ships allow it aswell. so only our beam transporters allow ship to ship transport"
                              Ring transmissions can pass through shields, too.

and if you thought asgard only had that beam transporter. in early days, they had something like a wraith culling beam. hammer of thor for one.
                              That was just the standard Asgard beam before TPTB gave it a re-skin to make it look mroe futuristic. They decided the old design looked kinda dumb so they replaced it with the one we're now used to.

Comment

so what?

and no, not cause they disagree. because its stupid to give someone more points for clearly inferior technology. "for variety". yea? then add fivefold the amount of points to the asgard for "clear superiority and wider use, aswell as being one of the most advanced ever seen".

i like asgard over ancients for many reasons. but merlin used clearly ascended technology. when have we ever seen phase tech like that? when have we seen beaming technology like that? yes. never before. as soon as i see exact the same tech stated as ancients cause it was built with ancient tech, ill accept that. and lemme guess. oneill's fancy devices are ancient too. as is the ARG. not.

many people bring up the argument of the repository used by the asgard.
                                "we have learned much" is a VERY vague statement. learning much can be learning anything, doesnt have to be weapons or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X