303 production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myles View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but the Daedalus was designed and even built before the Prometheus was destroyed. It arrived at the end of season 1 of Atlantis which is end season 8/start season 9 of SG1. Ethon wasn't until ~mid season 9 and then the Oddessy was ready the next episode so it was certainly already in production.
    close thought the daedalus arrived at the start of season 2 atlantis, but yeah that still mean the daedalus was aready build, before prometheus was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
      close thought the daedalus arrived at the start of season 2 atlantis, but yeah that still mean the daedalus was aready build, before prometheus was destroyed.
      Good correction. Now that I think about the Daedalus came in the Siege 3, not 2.

Comment

i always thought the 303 was more expensive in the show they say the 303 cost 2billion dollars to build and deadalus class ships cost about 1billion

Comment

The 2 billion was for the R&D of the Hyperdrive ["Disclosure"] not the entire ship...just for a nimitz class carrier it is about 5 billion total..so im thinking 8 to 10 times more than that..

Comment

As many other have said, the X-303 was a prototype.

We basically build a semi-space worthy vessel, and then tacked on salvaged/poorly reverse-engineered Gou'ald technology.

The BC-304s on the other hand are ships build around the Asgard (and other) tech acquired (and much better reverse-engineered technology) since the construction and design of the X-303.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
              i always thought the 303 was more expensive in the show they say the 303 cost 2billion dollars to build and deadalus class ships cost about 1billion
              In SG-1's Crusade (or Camelot), when we gave a 304 to the Russians, someone noted that they cost something like 10 billion dollars.

(On a quick side note, I wonder how we manage to hide that fact that billions (possibly hundreds of billions) of dollars of tax-payers money just, *poof* disappears...)

Comment

Working...
              X