No announcement yet.

Odysseys Shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your all forgeting the most important thing about aot which is that Oddysey was infested with replicators, Not only were they upgrading the shields but they had combined into that big bug to power the ship to defend it from the ORI and as we know that big bug can power a Hatak to fly from Ida? to the Milkyway in a few days (The ep were they blow up a sun and get flung to a replicator infested galaxy)."

I said it was likely not the Replicators. I believe I have been proven correct, see episode 5*01 of SGA.

My logic was that these were the latest Asgard shield upgrades, and Tao of Rodney's upgrades on top of that (no being could be smarter than that), thus how could they make the shields better? One would need a whole knew design/system for shields.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
      Why not add Moros cloak, because he is gone of course. If Earth had the knowlegde we would have done it.
      The only reason Daniel/Merlin were able to cloak the 304 was because of the ZPM.

Episode 10x14 - The Shroud:

"[The Odyssey exits hyperspace and instantly cloaks.]
      INT—ODYSSEY BRIDGE
      [From the bridge window, the two warships and the Supergate are clearly visible.]
      DANIEL - I was afraid of that. Adria must have anticipated my plan.
      O'NEILL - They're gonna detect us.
      DANIEL - We're cloaked.
      [O'Neill does a double-take.]
      O'NEILL - This ship doesn't have that.
      DANIEL - It does now. Having a ZPM helps."

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      The Odyssey had a ZPM before that, and we've never seen any indication that the shields were that powerful before "Unending." In fact, the explicit impression we were given was that the shields were vastly superior to anything we've ever seen on a 304 before as of "Unending," wouldn't you agree?
      Since they got the ZPM (mid-season 10), I don't think that the shields had really been pounded on up until "Unending".

Comment

Working...
      X