No announcement yet.

What can beat the Andromeda Ascendant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well unlike you dylan, i am not someone who goes flaming someone to death because i misinterpretated something. about what you said, you cant misinterpretate that. and yes, a moron, because im not flame-happy and insult-happy like you. get over yourself. period. now get yourself together and re-read that one post. yes i admit i dont watch it, and this very discussion about andromeda only makes me less eager to watch it. it would be a "andromeda whumps and kills everything". its the stargate forum. if only something from andromeda can kill it, go away and go discuss it in the andromeda forums. if you hate sg-fans knowing nothing of the andromedaverse, then why the hell is this thread in the S&T forum on gateworld, and why not in the andromeda section. and if there's none, request one and bug off to general discussion or some other place, as it wont belong here. all the assumptions on railguns and beam weapons are made on some observations. but i[and perhaps you] know that the reason cgi is shown as it is shown, is because its boring to have some flashes at one ship, and an explosion at annother ship, and you have to guess what hit it.
    "a railgun. no a beam weapon. oh it was a pulse weapon. damn. and that. whats that? a nuke? or a beam weapon. who fires at who???"

and slomo wont work either.

"sssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt.
    ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll llllllllldddddddddddddddsssssssss dddddddddddddooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn ttttttttoooooooooo 8888888888880000000000000000 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%"

like i said, visual effect.

also, the gate can be tossed in by a ship. duh.
    a deadalus craft is never standard equipped, and alway modded to fit a mission. if the mission is "take out the andromeda" then the core is instructed to make lasers and particle weapons

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      andromeda:

has missiles. well at the firespeed you stated, deadalus withstands some 6-7 strikes. you can say it has alot of missile tubes. but deadalus has about the same. relativistic missiles. well they are missiles. they can be shot down. or we just fire a nuke and detonate it in time. with our nukes, thats no problem.

has PD lasers. lasers yea. but they cut. lasers cut. thats what their meant for. these PDL's, however, were said by an andromeda fan, to deactivate missiles by blinding them. tauri missiles run off the ships sensors, so no use. they are lasers, they have no use against shields.

has an AI. well AI's are only so smart.

now oddyssey:
      Has A computercore. asgard legacy. so it can fashion some particle weapon to take out andromeda. or a superlaser. defo would take out andromeda. or other weapons and technology. controls the ship for maximum efficiency.

has beam weapons. well you can tell me alot, but we dont know their speed, yet seeing their damage, it can easily be relativistic. even when not, it can fire enough, combined with nukes, to take out andromeda. it cant outmaneuver forever. the beam weapons are a onehitkill on the andromeda, so its only for so long before on hits. just a matter of time.

dialation field. it can throw a dialation field around it and andromeda, so both are in a single confined space. who's your daddy?

Hyperdrive: it can keep up with andromeda.

ZPM. need i say more? incase of yes, well no underpowering of a 304. need i say more?
      yes? well it can turn the ship into a stationary superfortress. all it needs to do is live through the initial missille barrage. missiles down, main andromeda missiles down, tadaa, move in to finish off.

asgard beam weapons. twice? yea twice. they are the original ones, so most efficient. faster[being more coherent], and deadlier.

nukes. well we had 1200 MT mines. so they are powerfull aswell.

missiles. well they carry nukes. so..... PDs scrambling targeting wont work: they run off oddys sensors

sensors: some of the most advanced. so andromeda is detected.

cloak: based off ancient, ascended, and ori knowledge. made by priordaniel/descended merlin. need i say more? yes? well andromeda wont detect it. cloaks fast enough on arrival to render the inital long range attack useless. railguns can be fired[ It was stated PLASMA WEAPONS wont work. nothing bout railguns]

Railguns. an anti-missile defender's dream. also used offensively.

shields. can be impenetrable when in superfortress mode. or just supertough when moving. terribly advanced. can take OVER 7 barrages of andromean missiles. in fortress mode, about 20 or more.

302's. space/air superiority fighter. or just a weapons delivery system if you need to.

so when it comes to ships, oddy STANDS A CHANCE. ofcourse there's no pwnage from both sides. the only thing that determines the outcome is an unsureness factor of unknown value.
      First of. The PDLs do not disable a missle. They destroy it before it gets to the ship.
      Second- Your 302's would be in for more of a Match with Andromeda Slip Fighters.
      Third-
      Has A computercore. asgard legacy. so it can fashion some particle weapon to take out andromeda. or a superlaser. defo would take out andromeda. or other weapons and technology. controls the ship for maximum efficiency
      Yea a computer core. Wow. Can it think on its own. Can it be fully sentient. Can it send out unmand fighters and piolt them better them and human piolt could. I doubt it. And yea you can fashion anythin you want with the core. But that needs time and there has to be some type of record of it in the core. You just cant fashion an un-godly like super ubber weapon.
      Fourth-
      ok. But Andromeda Sensors are just as advanced if not more. It could detect ship movements on the other side of the system, detect solar flares in other galaxys. Also Andromeda is running several jamming programs. So the Asgard Sensors more then likely wouldnt be able to pick it up.
      What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well unlike you dylan, i am not someone who goes flaming someone to death because i misinterpretated something. about what you said, you cant misinterpretate that. and yes, a moron, because im not flame-happy and insult-happy like you. get over yourself. period. now get yourself together and re-read that one post. yes i admit i dont watch it, and this very discussion about andromeda only makes me less eager to watch it. it would be a "andromeda whumps and kills everything". its the stargate forum. if only something from andromeda can kill it, go away and go discuss it in the andromeda forums. if you hate sg-fans knowing nothing of the andromedaverse, then why the hell is this thread in the S&T forum on gateworld, and why not in the andromeda section. and if there's none, request one and bug off to general discussion or some other place, as it wont belong here. all the assumptions on railguns and beam weapons are made on some observations. but i[and perhaps you] know that the reason cgi is shown as it is shown, is because its boring to have some flashes at one ship, and an explosion at annother ship, and you have to guess what hit it.
        "a railgun. no a beam weapon. oh it was a pulse weapon. damn. and that. whats that? a nuke? or a beam weapon. who fires at who???"

and slomo wont work either.

"sssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt.
        ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll llllllllldddddddddddddddsssssssss dddddddddddddooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn ttttttttoooooooooo 8888888888880000000000000000 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%"

like i said, visual effect.

also, the gate can be tossed in by a ship. duh.
        a deadalus craft is never standard equipped, and alway modded to fit a mission. if the mission is "take out the andromeda" then the core is instructed to make lasers and particle weapons
        I never said i have anything against SG fans. I love Stargate to. I love all Scifi. Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate(both), Andromeda, Farscape.
        Its just haveing watch these shows. I know that no ship could stand a chance

And i want this to be recoginzed, i appoligize for my insults. i miss read what you wrote.
        And as for the gate idea. This is a "what ship could beat the Andromeda". Not Name anything you think could.
        What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Comment

a gate in a sun works. its " What can beat the Andromeda Ascendant?"
          a gate can. period.

so:

Stargate: [1]
          Andromeda [2]

any other things?
          mm.. oddy stands a chance. but unfortunately, only a total supremacy is good enough for our dear captain hunt. so:

Stargate:[2]
          Andromeda[2]

we have:
          aurora. well, if earth gets his hands on an aurora, we can expect an aurora+asgard tech.
          + arctic ZPM[it was nessecary against ori, no need now]
          =

stargate: [3]
          andromeda: [2]

Jem Hadar Fighters
          federation Defiant class
          Species 8472 have high maneuverability and weapon systems that are very good.

Vorlon,
          Shadow,
          White star .

=

Stargate:[3]
          andromeda:[2]
          Startrek: [3]
          babylon 5:[3]
          Farscape: [1]
          anything else?

death star perhaps?

anubis' mothership? its superweapon seemed to be auto directed at targets.....

apology accepted.

Comment

Ok so like i said. This is a "what ship could beat Andromeda thread" Not a anything. And a Stargate is not a ship, so it doesnt count.

Put it like this. If your in command of the oddy. And im in command of Andromeda. And i jump in to the system your in, the chance of you have a stargate on board is 1 in a million. Its not like they carry them around like they were missles.
            Last edited by Cap.Dylan Hunt; 23 June 2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

So new tally.
              Stargate[1]
              Andromeda[2]
              Farscape[1]
              B5[1]- If you read back to the earlier post, you'll see the only ship from B5 capable is the Vorlon Planet Killer
              Startrek[3??]

Comment

very well. know that it hasnt to be pure ownage. if you have 500 oddys and 500 andromeda's, place em in 500 galaxies, and let them fight, then there may be 30 oddy's surviving, maybe 1, maybe 400. but it all depends on luck, and circumstances.

Comment

I have an idea for the 304...(sorry if its been said already, I should read the thread but...i didn't. )

How about detonating high-yield nukes around Andromeda. Nukes scramble EM fields and apparently subspace sensors too(Atlantis' sensors). So while their sensors and beaming jammers are recovering beam a couple of nukes aboard? or rip it to shreds with rail-guns and beams?
                  Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

i proposed it already

Comment

i proposed it already
                      In this thread or the other 304 vs. Andromeda one?

sigpic

Comment

this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                          that is the point, andromeda cannot exceed the speed of light in normal space, neither can any ship. Stargate ships can catch up to the andromeda.....it isnt unhittable. I like the argument of how people say that andromeda will just 180 and then get out of there if a beam weapon is shot. The dedalus would catch up and take it out. THAT is the point. I even stated that ships cannot exceed the speed of light without hyperdrive.
                          I'm sorry, i forgot to put decimal points in front of C.

andromeda:

has missiles. well at the firespeed you stated, deadalus withstands some 6-7 strikes.
                          Daedalus can wistand exactly one missiel voley, teh calculations are in the daedalus vs. andromeda trhead.

you can say it has alot of missile tubes. but deadalus has about the same.
                          I has exactly fourty, we won't count the higher caliber ones. daedalus has 16 with four misiles each. Whiel andromedas have on board reloads, the exact number is unknown.

relativistic missiles. well they are missiles. they can be shot down. or we just fire a nuke and detonate it in time. with our nukes, thats no problem.
                          Have you bbeen paying attention? these missiel move at .9C! Traditional sensors can't get a lock becasue they can't acuratly predict where thir going to be, FLT sensors could tho. and our railgun slugs won't do squat exept turn them into spears of plasma with the same destructive potencial, becasue the railgun slugs are goung tooo slow to dramatical change theri course. ,

has PD lasers. lasers yea. but they cut. lasers cut. thats what their meant for. these PDL's, however, were said by an andromeda fan, to deactivate missiles by blinding them. tauri missiles run off the ships sensors, so no use. they are lasers, they have no use against shields.
                          They blond. How do you know our misisle run off ship sensors? please provide referance.

has an AI. well AI's are only so smart.
                          No, it is more advanced than the asgard core, it can think for itself, it will react instantly in battle, the asgard core is a library, a very high tech library with a wicked help desk. Andromeda(AI go by theri ship's name) is a fuly aware construct designed for war.

[QUOTE]
                          now oddyssey:
                          Has A computercore. asgard legacy. so it can fashion some particle weapon to take out andromeda. or a superlaser. defo would take out andromeda. or other weapons and technology. controls the ship for maximum efficiency.[/QUOTE]

It woun't have enough time to fashion a superbeam. Amdromeda does the same.

has beam weapons. well you can tell me alot, but we dont know their speed, yet seeing their damage, it can easily be relativistic.
                          Proof mate, you can only assume so much, untill it's stated as relativistic then nope. And visuals can only be contradicted by dialogue.

even when not, it can fire enough, combined with nukes, to take out andromeda. it cant outmaneuver forever.
                          Actualy it can, the ship's mass is always reduced to under one kilogram, it can evade all it likes, it goes at these speed sal teh time, not jsut durign combat.

dialation field. it can throw a dialation field around it and andromeda, so both are in a single confined space. who's your daddy?
                          Andromeda actualy Wouldn't it be more effective to throw the TDF over the andromeda slowing tiem down for her? in any case, teh tiem dialation device has always been shown to be inside teh TDF.

Hyperdrive: it can keep up with andromeda.
                          It takes several seconds to open and close a hyperwindow, mor ethan enough tiem for andromeda to correct course.

ZPM. need i say more? incase of yes, well no underpowering of a 304. need i say more?
                          yes? well it can turn the ship into a stationary superfortress. all it needs to do is live through the initial missille barrage. missiles down, main andromeda missiles down, tadaa, move in to finish off.
                          How do you suppose to catch a ship that maneuvers at ralativistic speed? it would "slip" out os a system and rearm with its nano factories. (yes it has those too)

So what? they still can't beam through EM jaming.

cloak: based off ancient, ascended, and ori knowledge. made by priordaniel/descended merlin. need i say more? yes? well andromeda wont detect it. cloaks fast enough on arrival to render the inital long range attack useless. railguns can be fired[ It was stated PLASMA WEAPONS wont work. nothing bout railguns]
                          Railguns are even more usless mate, they'll jsut bounce off it's fulmerene mesh hull.

Railguns. an anti-missile defender's dream. also used offensively.
                          Already adressed.

shields. can be impenetrable when in superfortress mode. or just supertough when moving. terribly advanced. can take OVER 7 barrages of andromean missiles. in fortress mode, about 20 or more.
                          Where are you puling these numbers from?

302's. space/air superiority fighter. or just a weapons delivery system if you need to.
                          Andromeda's slipfighters also have relativistic missiles, also maneuver at relativistic speeds, and also have antimater main guns (AP guns stabd for Anti Proton)

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                          I have an idea for the 304...(sorry if its been said already, I should read the thread but...i didn't. )

How about detonating high-yield nukes around Andromeda. Nukes scramble EM fields and apparently subspace sensors too(Atlantis' sensors). So while their sensors and beaming jammers are recovering beam a couple of nukes aboard? or rip it to shreds with rail-guns and beams?
                          the nukes are too slow to get into that kind of position. .

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

the nukes are too slow to get into that kind of position .
                            hmm... I fear your right. Seems like the Daedalus is a lost cause against Andromeda.

I don't know enough about Andromeda, apart from what I've read here, to disagree with you.

sigpic

Comment

4.) Atlantis with a proper supply of Drones & ZPMs.

5.) Replicator Warship

6.) Thor (his Marvel counterpart)

7.) Q

8.) Merlin

9.) Batman (Kevin Conroy or Adam West)
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                                hmm... I fear your right. Seems like the Daedalus is a lost cause against Andromeda.

I don't know enough about Andromeda, apart from what I've read here, to disagree with you.
                                The Daedalus vs. Andromeda thread is very () educational in that respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X