Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckoning and the Dakara Superweapon

this is my first time posting, so if i do something wrong bare with me

I recently watched reckoning part 1 and 2 (fantastic eps) and i just wondered if anyone could clear up something for me.

When the entire Gate network was dialled at once to hit every replicator in the galaxy, would this override any wormholes that were previously established? because if not, the replicators could have just kept a gate open and survived on/around that particular planet.

If something physical was to walk through the gate at the time of multiple dials, what would happen? i imagined thousands of sam clones

also, would ships in hyperspace be affected by the energy wave, cus i also imagined that a good number of replicator controlled ships would have been travelling in hyperspace at the time the Dakara weapon was fired.

Originally posted by PresidentTate View Post
    this is my first time posting, so if i do something wrong bare with me

I recently watched reckoning part 1 and 2 (fantastic eps) and i just wondered if anyone could clear up something for me.

When the entire Gate network was dialled at once to hit every replicator in the galaxy, would this override any wormholes that were previously established? because if not, the replicators could have just kept a gate open and survived on/around that particular planet.

If something physical was to walk through the gate at the time of multiple dials, what would happen? i imagined thousands of sam clones

also, would ships in hyperspace be affected by the energy wave, cus i also imagined that a good number of replicator controlled ships would have been travelling in hyperspace at the time the Dakara weapon was fired.
    wow, we do think alike

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Yeah, there is a big plot hole there, but suffice to say; most if not all the replicator ships was at the battle of Dakara trying to stop SG1 from killing them all.

It allows an open ended question of whether any survived and maybe we will see a link up with the milky way Replicators and the Pegasus Replicator soon. Repli-Weir meet Repli-Carter would be fun and that would be a story arc in on itself, if Carter was still at Atlantis.

Oh Well, we stilll got the Doc, umm I mean Woolsey.
      Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Comment

The only thing I wonder in the Reckoning Parts 1 & 2 what would have happened if the Prometheus was they?

Where the Hell was is.....

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Techincally speaking sending that Anti-Replicator wave through all the Stargates violates energy conservation unless:

1) The wave lost it's intensity and was extremely weak when it came out of the other gates
          2) The gate drew more power from the DHD (or other power source) to keep the wave at its original intensity.

If it's case 2 then if a person went through the gate, every gate would draw a lot of power to materialize that person... so yes... sam clones.
          If it's case 1 (which is unlikely) then parts of the person would come through each gate.
          Personally, I think the gate wouldn't allow a person through when it's linked with the entire network. The person would just come back through the same gate

Comment

it was only meant for information or energy. not physical things. anyone stepping through would be destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by PresidentTate View Post
              Later when Anubis tried to use the weapon himself, the SGC believed that if they dialed out in time, then Anubis wouldn't be able to reach them when he did a network-wide dial. They tried to dial out but Anubis dialed in before they could so they decided to activate the self-destruct.

Comment

I kinda like the idea there are replicators in mw still around, they dont really needed to be in hyperspace, just a an regular plain old planet with no stargate near it.

Btw, was the network-wide call part of the built stargate system ? Was it predicted ? As far as I can remember, it was a hack made by Camulus ( latter credited to him ), so the gate wasnt meant to dial multiple gates, then I assume there would be no fail-safe installed on it =)

Comment

Nerus claimed to be the one to figure how to do a network-wide dial in Season 9's "Beachhead".

Comment

i forgot about the time when anubis got his greasy half ascended mits on the device, that was when oma came and sorted him out isnt it?

and as for the replicators, i really loved them as an enemy and would love to see them again in a movie or in atlantis. But only the spider ones, they were defeatable but *****ing near impossible, whereas the Human form are just too powerful and are boring as an enemy. I liked the way
                    Spoiler:
                    They were brought back in AOT and i personally thought it was a clever idea by the IOA and much more effective than the silly ark itself

Comment

the multi dial made use of the correlation updating macro installed in gates

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                        Nerus claimed to be the one to figure how to do a network-wide dial in Season 9's "Beachhead".
                        Oops, my mistake, just confused the names =D

And the upgrading macro works in a very different way. We can see in the epi where they use the virus that that stargates were being infect trough time, and not all at once.

Comment

1. Replicators were all at Dakara

2. Raplicarter didn't know how they were going to use the device. She only knew that it could do 2 planets at a time, dakara and the target world.

3. Anywormholes that were open would stay open. That was why SGC was trying to dial the alpha site.

Go Green

Comment

i dont think replicarter/daniel were at Dakara when the weapon was set off;
                            i assume replicarters ship was one of the most powerful ship the replicators had due to it being her ship and she was their leader. so surely it should have been in the midst of the battle at Dakara, yet when the weapon went off there were no Hat'aks to be seen around the Replicarters ship. So it is possible that there were other ships around that escaped the weapon (me being hopeful)

Comment

It was stated that the dakara weapon effects anything on a planet and the space around it. Is that just on dakara or on every planet it is sent to as well? It may seem a stupid question but if any ships were in orbit at the target planets they could have survived... hopefully not though, the replicators are the WORST bad-guys ever... i really hate them...or does that mean they are in-fact the best at being bad...
                              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X