Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could BC-304 float on water without using Inertia Dampers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thermi View Post
    yeh well at the time i was writing the reply i was doin my maths revision and i was just typeing it fast and i got muddled up but yes i did mean weight not mass

and also what i meant is the fact that there is gravity on the ships and always thought the inertial dampners controlled the gravity
    The artificial gravity that is mentioned as being on the ship is analagous to the gravity the earth has on us. Inertial dampners control g-forces. Not gravity. It is easy to get the two mixed up. If you wanted the 304 to float and it wasn't bouyant, you would need antigravity.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      We saw BC-304 fly in space,floating in the air , or landing on the ground.
      but what if the ship land on ocean.
      I am sure with the ineartia dampers on, it can float right side up.
      but what if the ship need emergency repair, AND can't find any ground to land.
      it has to land on the ocean, and the inertia dampner is offline line , due to insufficient power.

Could the BC-304 float on water ? would it sink or would float sideway?

Any object with are horrow center can float,but the BC-304 was design as space vechicle ,with a box shape.
      If you put any empty box into the bath top , sometime they float a bit funny like sideway or upside down.
      I bet is would float, because it has to be air tight for space i think that it would be able to float. And I think that it would be able to float level with the water too.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

My Bet is that it'd float. It isn't just the size and density of the ship. It's also the shape. A Nimitz-class supercarrier (heaviest carrier in existence) has more of a v hull that slices into the water on the Y-axis. The 304 is mostly flat on the bottom comparatively. That's why a heavy box-top might float more than a sharply-angled something-or-other that is a tad lighter. I know from first hand experience, I've played with various shapes in my bathtub.
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
          I know from first hand experience, I've played with various shapes in my bathtub.
          RUBBER DUCKY?!?!?!

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

i used to have a RC duckie when i had bath haha
            sigpic

Comment

Hey dont dii the rubber duckie
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                In the (para-phrased) words of Professor Farnsworth: "It's a space ship so it can take between 0 and 1 atmospheres of pressure"
                Nice explanation from Futurama. But yes i believe this to be most ture. Cause it's a spaceship so without shields and stuff it would capsize.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmandex View Post
                  Nice explanation from Futurama. But yes i believe this to be most ture. Cause it's a spaceship so without shields and stuff it would capsize.
                  Even though it would capsize it would still float.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X