Why the urgent need for ZMP's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    Yeah it did, but I haven't really seen any evidence from other Asgard shields to show they're much better. Shown by the fact that 3 Oneill's arrived to take on Anubis's lone Ha'tak and failed to respond to the destruction of their warship and capture of the supreme commander of their fleet. If they were so confident they would taken out Anubis' as an example. Either way we've got no evidence an Asgard ship could last more than a couple of minutes under the Wraith fleet's bombardment. So either their shields are many many many times weaker or their power source is. I tend to go for a mixture of both, but mainly the latter.
    True, but this might lead to another topic, shield colour.
    If i'm right now, the beliskner class shields are orange while
    the o'neil class has more whitish/blueish shields wouldn't
    that at least in this case mean that the orange ones are
    more primitive (such as the ones on the x-303).

One thing we do know, is that the o'neil class can take one
    a few phaser hits from an ori ship (seen in camelot) but
    we don't know how much it damaged the shields or if the
    ori phasers are more powerful/weaker than wraith phasers.

And a side note, the reason why they sent 3 o'neil class
    ships is because they had no way of knowing what they
    were up against.
    sigpic

Comment

Well in the case of Asgard shields the blue color shields are the latest models. I still stand by my belief that although orange/yellow Aurora shields are just as advanced but thats another topic.

On the subject of the 3 Oneill's I agree. It was a better safe than sorry situation however they still showed weakness by letting Anubis escape. Anubis should should have been destroyed for attacking the Asgard as an example that the Asgard would still uphold the protected planets treaty. Clearly they were not as confident of victory as they made out.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well in the case of Asgard shields the blue color shields are the latest models. I still stand by my belief that although orange/yellow Aurora shields are just as advanced but thats another topic.
        Yes, i'll try not to drag that in ;P But for the record i belive the same
        but in this case the orange asgard shields seems to be of older design.

On the subject of the 3 Oneill's I agree. It was a better safe than sorry situation however they still showed weakness by letting Anubis escape. Anubis should should have been destroyed for attacking the Asgard as an example that the Asgard would still uphold the protected planets treaty. Clearly they were not as confident of victory as they made out.
        Yes i think they acted wrong but on the other hand, That would be poor
        ending for the almighty anubis
        sigpic

Comment

You gotta remember Atlantis is a City ship, the shield is in a complete different scale, they dont really need to bother with space, as they have a lot of free space in the city...

And they went there with 3 ships, to avoid a confront.. If you show that you have a LOT more power, the other wont even try to fight...

And the asgards are peaceful people.. Or else they would have wiped the goa'uld before the problem with the replicators started...

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrion View Post
            If we cannot make them then obviously that means that only the Ancients can.
            Or someone close...

Spoiler:
            It's Good to Be King
            : "This is Ancient technology. We'd need an Ancient to make it work."

: "Or someone close."

(Sam smiles.)

steps through the Gate.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

And the fact that if we cant doesnt prove that anyone else can.. In currently earth tech level, it`s a big thing we can even turn the lights on over there...

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreak View Post
                You gotta remember Atlantis is a City ship, the shield is in a complete different scale, they dont really need to bother with space, as they have a lot of free space in the city...

And they went there with 3 ships, to avoid a confront.. If you show that you have a LOT more power, the other wont even try to fight...

And the asgards are peaceful people.. Or else they would have wiped the goa'uld before the problem with the replicators started...
                Rubbish I'm sorry but Anubis' attacked the Asgard and violated the protected planets treaty! The Asgard should have made an example of him, peaceful or not Thor had no problems attacking those Ha'taks earlier when he was outnumbered 2 on 1. The fact that he was defeated and the fact that later 3 Asgard ships failed to do anything against a single ship shows either that they're spineless or that they weren't confident.

I'm sorry but there's no getting around it. Anubis' crossed the line, they needed to show some force so the Goa'uld wouldn't step out of line and they failed. You say the Asgard are peaceful but Thor wasted no time trying to wipe out those Ha'tak before.

Originally posted by AscendedAsgard View Post
                Yes, i'll try not to drag that in ;P But for the record i belive the same
                but in this case the orange asgard shields seems to be of older design.

Yes i think they acted wrong but on the other hand, That would be poor
                ending for the almighty anubis
                Yeah I know it would have been a bit of a bad ending for him lol. But still like I said the Asgard are either spineless or they weren't confident. I think they weren't confident personally either that or Thor is the only respectable Asgard.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I think the beliskner shields are more yellow tinted by the way.

But yes the beliskner shield is older but still beyond anything the Goa'uld have. Even Anubis' shield are not comparable to the Asgard. The major flaw in battles with the Beliskner was the fact that it wasn't designed for offensive action but defensive

Comment

colour doesnt matter

Comment

I agree

Asgard scientist: I upgraded our shields
                      Asgard scientist 2: Great what colour are they now?
                      Asgard scientist: Pink, Which means they are extremly powerful.

sigpic

Comment

AND anubis ships could be using stronger weapons than the wraith for all we know..

The good thing about the ZPM is the size.. you dont have to waste lots of space...

Btw, why dont "we" use Neutrino Ion Generators in atlantis ? They have a lot of space there... and it could save some energy from the zpm.... ( Using both the zpm and it )

why, the naquada generators work fine for all of the systems except the shield and the chair but htey are desinged to work with a zpm so thay probly wouldnt work with a nig
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

They naquadah generators doesnt work fine... We have to keep most of the things turned off and all. I thing many nig would be able to power up the chair ( drones ), and maybe even the shields for a while... NIG have a LOT more power than naquadah generator, if I were to take a wild guess, I would say even more than naquadria... We know for sure it`s a hell lot than naquadah, cuz we cant use naquadah for hyperdrives...
                          Just have to remember how fast the asgards used to travel, and that was cuz they had enough power from the nig to power up their hyperdrives...
                          I dont know if we were able to fully use the naquadria, it would be better.. But in the situation we are, the nigs are the best option...
                          But we should keep looking for zpms and all...

Btw, the whole atlantis is designed to work with zpms

Comment

They naquadah generators doesnt work fine... We have to keep most of the things turned off and all. I thing many nig would be able to power up the chair ( drones ), and maybe even the shields for a while... NIG have a LOT more power than naquadah generator, if I were to take a wild guess, I would say even more than naquadria... We know for sure it`s a hell lot than naquadah, cuz we cant use naquadah for hyperdrives...
                            Just have to remember how fast the asgards used to travel, and that was cuz they had enough power from the nig to power up their hyperdrives...
                            I dont know if we were able to fully use the naquadria, it would be better.. But in the situation we are, the nigs are the best option...
                            But we should keep looking for zpms and all...

Btw, the whole atlantis is designed to work with zpms

what i meant was the naquada generators work fine for our needs like keeping the light on and using the sensors and the stargate and the transporters etc. why do we need to go frome much more portable generators that take up very little space to what i assume would be big bulky generators.

and yes the entire city is desinged to work with a zpm but we really only need to keep it on for the shield, or to use the chair( which would usualy be perceded by the use of the shield). and of course to cloak the city.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

But atlantis is a city ship, space over there really isnt a problem.. That is clearly stated by the fact that they havent explored it all yet.. and every time the writers have a idea, they find new stuff there...

With the nig generators, we would be able for example to dial earth ( that I kinda wouldnt like... ) .. And probably help the zpm with the shield/drones/stardrive.

We really thing having a bunch of nig would let us fully use atlantis.. The asgards probably had a huge need for energy..
                              Remember we are talking about the asgards.. Even tough they arent as advanced as the ancients.. they are still one of the 4 great races.. and had at least 10k years to develop ( considering every latean tech in pg is at least 10k years old ).

___
                              edit:
                              But.. I find it hard to believe they will use nigs.. Cuz in TLM McKay didnt use

Comment

Working...
                              X