Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "The Odyssey" the most Powerful ship in the known "Gateverse"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and dont forget the Upgrades by Moros/Merlyn

Comment

"To answer the question, yes the Ody will be the most powerful ship if we add drones to it. So far, we haven't seen it against a fully working Aurora with ZPMs."

Which it would completely own. Shields are next to useless against the Asgard beams. Ancient, Asuran, whatever, would get royally owned.

Assuming of course the Asuran Aurora's had no ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        Which it would completely own. Shields are next to useless against the Asgard beams. Ancient, Asuran, whatever, would get royally owned.
        Well we haven't seen a real Auroa get attacked by the beams so we can't judge I mean we have only seen the knock off shields of the Asurans, so I hope we get to see the asgard beams against a real Ancinet Auroa or Atlantis shields

Still I think the most powerful beam is by far the Anubis beam on his superweapon
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Multi-billion dollar USS Cole vs. $1000 suicide boat. USS Cole crippled.
          That's a completely different situation. If a 304 rammed a hiveship I'd expect a dead 304 and a badly damaged hive yes, we're talking about combat here. What we've got here is a tiny little destroyer type ship taking on an Iowa type battleship and being not only superior but so superior it could probably actually take on 2 or 3 Iowas at once.

Even if the tech bases are equal, which they're not, the battleships should still have the edge.

The 304s did have Asgard shields, hyperdrive and sensors. Asgard tech >> Wraith tech.
          It's not just hives that they're better than either, they're better than Ori ships and Auroras to.

The bits of Asgard tech they use is better on the damn 304s than it is on a real Asgard warship made entirely out of Asgard tech. Another factor in its wankiness. I don't remember the O'neill at the Camelot battle 3 shot killing Ori ships or stopping time or cloaking or all that other crap. If the Asgard had been allowed to do half the stuff with their own technology that Earth has managed to pull they never would have lost to the replicators, let alone been forced to commit mass suicide.

Take the time dilation in unending. Hey I bet if you gave some Asgard scientists a few consecutive lifetimes to research their cloning problem in the space of a few seconds of "actual time" they could have probably figured it out pretty easily. They're not allowed to do that though because they're just the silly aliens that invented the damn thing not super humans from Earth like Carter.

Comment

Working...
          X