X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get some of your tech, todd

I think we should use some of the Wraith tech and use it

For example
    -Stasis technology: probably the most advance stasis along with the Asgard's. They can sustain someone indefenitly and prevent them from dying and most likely heal them over time, so they wont die when sick people come out of stasis. This is far superior to the ancient technology which only slows the body down with an extreme rate.
    -Tracking device: Handy subspace beakons which are very small and have a large range.
    -Guns: We are already using them, they only stun and can be fired multiple times on someone without killing him like the zat and ori stunner. The only effect multiple shots have is keeping someone a lot longer stunned. They also can shoot a wooden crate to pieces.
    Canopy: Effective shield canopy, we can add them to the F-302 for more protection for the pilot.
    Shield: The Replicator that the wraith captured was put in one of these shield. It kept him in a frozen like state. It is quite remarkable that they kept him about 10.000 years in there (or at least since they shut the asurans down), since the Replicator addapt very quickly. Most shield will probably not be able to keep a Replicator trapped for a day.

Here some examples. Don't you think these technologies are useful to us?

It is one of the SG1 mission perogative to get advance tech. I doubt the Wraith have tech superior to the ones we got from the Asgard.

Stasis technology for the Wraith. I don't think it works like the stasis tech we've seen. The Wraiths are designed for the Wraith. The Wraith actually don't age so theirs might not even freeze their subjects. The Ancients may slow down aging but it takes tens of thousands of years.

Subspace beckons are useful maybe we could modify the ones SG teams use for Asgard beams.

Well, Asuran replicators are different from the MW replicators. They don't learn like the MW Reps. for tens of thousands of years they do not develope other tech than the one they captured from the Ancients.

The Wraith Tech I want is the stun bomb. The ultimate from base assaults.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

They do learn, they adapted themselves to McKay anti replicator field before. So they could do it with the shield.

Comment

the asuran in the field was trapped there for just a few months i think. most likely for just a few weeks. but i doubt the asuran inside could adapt to it: i think it was a magnetic field and a forcefield[not shield] combined.

Comment

i thought that was a combined stasis field and anti-grav field b/c we didnt see the replicator start strugling until the power went down
          And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Yeah - Wraith tech is designed for Wraith - I wonder if - being organic in nature - it is actually produced, somehow - but Wraith (like a spider produces web, etc). In other words, does it need a Wraith to actually produce/create it. It might not be something a human could ever reproduce.

As far as their stasis - do they have two types? One for them, and one for their food. Obviously, they keep their food alive for a long time in those cells, and they took Ford to one because it would keep him alive. They don't want their food dying on them, so obviously the stasis cells they use for humans are designed to keep humans alive. It would be something to look into IF it's superior to the stasis chamber Carson was put into.

I think their best tech that could be used by humans is their...ugh, can't think of what it's called - but their beaming/storage tech in the darts. That could really come in handy in many situations, and would be great to see it added to the jumpers.

Hmmm...wonder if Todd would agree to share if the humans played nice?

das
            sigpic

Comment

Ya the transport buffer storage is by far the coolest thing they have.

Imagine relocating a civilization, just fly in with 5-10 gate ships (jumper or darts or whatever) and gathering up a few villages at a time and instant move them to a new world.

Would save a ton of work we have seen the SGC do many times relocating people.

Comment

Wraith stasis also worked on humans. In Misbegotten our guys put a large number of humans (after the retrovirus) in stasis. Eventually they are moved out, but only because McKay needs the power to use weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  Hmmm...wonder if Todd would agree to share if the humans played nice?
                  And vice versa.
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X