No announcement yet.

Stargate as a weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what would happen if they used that weapon anubis used when they had dialed all the gates at once... hmm... super weapon so ALL gates go boom!!!?!?!!?!

Comment

First off, i know this topic is over a year dead, but i figured i'd post here instead of making a new topic
      I drew up some basic diagrams...

This is a VERY generalized and very inaccurate drawing of the gate systems...

Showing that the power coming from a supply, through a buffer, to a relay/converter supplying power to the matter receiver, buffer, and rematerializer.

This is an image of the MODIFIED gate to be used as a weapon.
      http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...difiedgate.jpg

In this image, the matter receiver is taken out of the equation completely. The energy setup would supply energy to the Matter buffer and rematerializer, but there is no matter input. The material being converted back into matter (and thus coming through the gate) would be raw energy. This would come from an energy source. Whether it be from the incoming gate, or a local source, it shouldn't matter. The energy that goes through the matter buffer would be output as a "traveler" and thus be potentially dangerous.

Of course, when actually attempting to perform this, you would have to convert the energy to a form that the rematerializer would actually be able to "materialize".

Now, if you didn't feel like using an off-world gate to use this weapon, you could implement a command that would force the gate to empty the buffer contents through the event horizon(just as it had to do with Teal'c. No other gate was involved, but they invoked a temporary output of the buffer contents before a dump/reset was performed).

I could see these as awesome weapons, having multiple gates set up on a planet set up so that they are weapons. They could be used simultaneously because they wont have to use wormholes if they use a basic command to release the energy... you'd just need a crap load of power to load into those gates

I dont know why i started thinking about that again

Comment

I think it would be cool if they used Supergates to destroy planets.
        sigpic

Comment

THAT would be crazy... line up a gate next to a planet, and dial it up.. .the flush takes 2/3rd of the plant.

But having this basic idea of a energy feedback through the gate being materialized implimented into a supergate... that would be crazy... 1 shot takes out a line of the galaxy

Comment

Working...
          X