Why Asuran Ships didn't use drones in BAMSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Asuran Ships didn't use drones in BAMSR

I just had a pretty awesome idea when watching "The Seer", where the vision shows only a few drones destroying a Atlantis-type city. Maybe they can't build drones, but actually have to GROW them. If the organic component of the drone has to be grown, and can only be accelerated to a certain point, then since the war with the Wraith started right away, they didn't have time to grow very many drones and probably saved most of them for defense of Asuras.

Thoughts?

Or, even though the Asurans can imitate the the Ancient's technology, they can't use it to it's full potential for some reason. So they could only fire a few drones at a time.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

I just had a pretty awesome idea when watching "The Seer", where the vision shows only a few drones destroying a Atlantis-type city. Maybe they can't build drones, but actually have to GROW them. If the organic component of the drone has to be grown, and can only be accelerated to a certain point, then since the war with the Wraith started right away, they didn't have time to grow very many drones and probably saved most of them for defense of Asuras.
      Thats a good theory

Spoiler:
      Man i hope pbutter and s09190 show up here
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

it might be it but if it is y haven't we found anything in the datebase on atlantis

Comment

they had 10,000 years and then 1 year to create drones. drones are inorganic. Also, the Asurans can rebuild pretty fast. It's just a plothole. And they had access to Atlantis.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It's because power was being diverted to the plothole drive.
            Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
                It's because power was being diverted to the plothole drive.
                Nevr under estimate the power of the plothole young padawan

Comment

They used drones in BAMSR'd. # of drones were similar to what Larren's Ancient build Aurora used.

In the end, plot device.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                    Thats a good theory

Spoiler:
                    ...I take great offense at that

But anyway, we don't know if there is an organic componant to drones. In fact, it seems highly unlikely, considering no other Ancient technology is organic in nature.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

But anyway, we don't know if there is an organic componant to drones. In fact, it seems highly unlikely, considering no other Ancient technology is organic in nature.
                      Im sorry i just couldnt help it.

Comment

It is possible that the atlantians built drones after they built the replicators?

Comment

Originally posted by MJCS View Post
                          It is possible that the atlantians built drones after they built the replicators?
                          No. Drones were used at the Atlantus Outpost on Earth, which was built well before the Asurans were created.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                            Thats a good theory

Spoiler:
                            its happened

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

Yes, but we do know that Wraith technology is organic in nature. Now bear with me, since this is a stretch. But so far, I've always seen that Wraith technology is a lesser model of similar Ancient tech. Such as the transporters and the Wraith's beaming tech, Ancient and Wraith stasis, etc.

We know that Wraith evolved AFTER the Ancients arrived in the PG, meaning that it is more than likely that Wraith tech is based off of some recovered Ancient tech. So it is true, we haven't seem much organic tech from the Ancients, but we do know they were into all sorts of tree hugger stuff. Every part of their technology has a human component to it, and I also noted that the controls on the control chair have a unique texture to them.

While I'm not saying the drone is actually organic, it could be synthetic based off an organic base, possibly some form of being that can hold massive amounts of energy (as we have seen drones with different yields). I'm just saying there could be a delay in drone building, and I've always thought it is organic ever since I saw the tentacles and what not in Rising.

And I didn't say the Asurans had NO drones, just that they couldn't grow them quickly, so they used them sparingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X