X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    just a note about the Prometheus

the hyperdrive was far from operational until a Goauld fixed it
    and the ship would have probably fallen apart on its first trip to Halla if the Asgard hadn't modified the engines and structural integrity fields (how do you know ?)
    they also presumably helped us out with the Prometheus after Disclosure
    which probably led to the 304 (How ?)
    Wrong.
    The Goauld stole it. I am pretty sure they just had some minor calibrations to do.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      becoming the fifth race is our greatest achievement.

its like aiding shakespear, he dies, but before that he gives us all his plays and copyrights to it
      ...that still doesn't make said plays ours. A few people in the audience may think we made those plays up on our own, but any critic is going to see straight-away that it's Shakespeare's style, not ours.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
        how do you know ?
        Thor said so
        Wrong.
        The Goauld stole it. I am pretty sure they just had some minor calibrations to do.
        Jonas said the hyperdrive was far from operational
        the Goauld even said he's having trouble getting it to work because the design is incredibly crude.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
          Thor said so
          Quote what he said.

Jonas said the hyperdrive was far from operational
          the Goauld even said he's having trouble getting it to work because the design is incredibly crude.
          That does not mean Earth did not design it.
          I could be wrong, but it looks to me like you are trying to give all the credit for the 303 and the hyperdrive to the Goauld ard the Asgard.

Comment

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like you are trying to give all the credit for the 303 and the hyperdrive to the Goauld ard the Asgard.
            Um... the credit is theirs. We built the exoskeleton of the ship... yippee. We could built a replica of a 303 today, but it wouldn't be able to fly, jump to hyperspace, or raise shields, or anything. All the things that made the Prometheus what it was were Goa'uld, Ancient, or Asgard in design. The only thing we can really claim is throwing them all together, and even then, it didn't even work until a Goa'uld fixed it.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Um... the credit is theirs. We built the exoskeleton of the ship... yippee. We could built a replica of a 303 today, but it wouldn't be able to fly, jump to hyperspace, or raise shields, or anything. All the things that made the Prometheus what it was were Goa'uld, Ancient, or Asgard in design. The only thing we can really claim is throwing them all together, and even then, it didn't even work until a Goa'uld fixed it.
              How is the credit theirs ?
              Why because a Goauld spent like an hour or so, starting up the Hyperdrive, while Earth scientists spent years and months building it. Tell me how. Was the Prometheus armed with Goauld weapons ?
              Or Goauld sublight engines, do they even look remotely similar ?
              You need to prove what you say.

For some unknown reason you seem to support everything Ancient and hate everything that has a connection to Earth.

Comment

How is the credit theirs ?
                Why because a Goauld spent like an hour or so, starting up the Hyperdrive, while Earth scientists spent years and months building it.
                A Goa'uld knows what it's doing. We could have been another two years from getting it working, but since he knew exactly how to make a hyerdrive work, it only took him a few hours. Think about it; I have a computer from 100 years in the future that's broken. You can try and tinker with it since you know the basics of computing, but what could take you months and months to do (since you lack the knowledge), I can do in a few minutes or hours.

So we more-or-less built the device, but he programmed the software that made it more than a hunk of metal, so-to-speak.

Tell me how. Was the Prometheus armed with Goauld weapons ?
                Asgard ones, according to Thor in "Disclosure," actually.

Or Goauld sublight engines, do they even look remotely similar ?
                Actually, I think the sublights were Goa'uld designed... or Asgard. I'll have to recheck a few transcripts and get back to you.

You need to prove what you say.
                I just did, with the exception of the last point. And you're one to talk, considering your arguments over the last 3 pages have mostly consisted of:

- "How?"
                - "Prove it."
                - "Did not."
                and, my personal favorite:
                - "No."

Comment

A Goa'uld knows what it's doing. We could have been another two years from getting it working, but since he knew exactly how to make a hyerdrive work, it only took him a few hours. Think about it; I have a computer from 100 years in the future that's broken. You can try and tinker with it since you know the basics of computing, but what could take you months and months to do (since you lack the knowledge), I can do in a few minutes or hours.
                  I don't think you understand how things are made.
                  So we more-or-less built the device, but he programmed the software that made it more than a hunk of metal, so-to-speak.
                  Now you are saying he programed the software our 303 run's on ?
                  What next, are you going to give him the credit for inventing the wheel...

Are you blind ?
                  The Prometheus was armed with MISSILES and CIWS !
                  Or are you saying all our naval ships are armed with Goauld and Asgard designed missiles and point defense weapons.

Actually, I think the sublights were Goa'uld designed... or Asgard. I'll have to recheck a few transcripts and get back to you.
                  Earth made and designed !!!

I just did, with the exception of the last point. And you're one to talk, considering your arguments over the last 3 pages have mostly consisted of:
                  I am trying to correct inaccurate comments.
                  - "How?"
                  - "Prove it."
                  - "Did not."
                  and, my personal favorite:
                  - "No."
                  [mod snip]
                  Last edited by Madeleine; 01 April 2008, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I don't think you understand how things are made.
                    ...then please, educate me instead of simply saying I'm wrong. Or can't you?

Now you are saying he programed the software our 303 run's on ?
                    What next, are you going to give him the credit for inventing the wheel...
                    Yes, that's what I'm saying. Care to prove me wrong?

And no, the Furlings invented the wheel... duh.

Are you blind ?
                    The Prometheus was armed with MISSILES and CIWS !
                    Or are you saying all our naval ships are armed with Goauld and Asgard designed missiles and point defense weapons.
                    ANSWER:
                    ENGLISH AMBASSADOR: You came all this way just to tell us that?

THOR: And to install Asgard-designed shields and weapons on Prometheus.
                    Earth made and designed !!!
                    As you're so fond of saying, "Proof?" I don't recall hearing that we designed the engines ourselves. Built it, yes, but design it?

[mod snip]
                    This is useful in the conversation how...?
                    Last edited by Madeleine; 01 April 2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

...then please, educate me instead of simply saying I'm wrong. Or can't you?
                      It takes years and years to build something so advanced, a Goauld simply cannot build it in an hour, and i dont' care how smart he is.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Care to prove me wrong?
                      There is no need.
                      And no, the Furlings invented the wheel... duh.
                      Because you have lost all creditability with your ridiculous assertion.

ANSWER:
                      Thor said so, but the Prometheus was never armed with Asgard weapons (The Asgard High council probably never agreed), there are a hundred threads on it, use the search function. And the Asgard have never used missiles or chemical propelled metal objects as weapons, Thor even said the Asgard would never think of making such a weapon. So enough with your pathetic theory that missiles and projectile guns are Asgard designed because Earth cannot make them.

As you're so fond of saying, "Proof?" I don't recall hearing that we designed the engines ourselves. Built it, yes, but design it?
                      Its built on Earth, with Earth technology, and by Earth scientists, do the math, genius (sarcasm, if you didn't know).

This is useful in the conversation how...?
                      I am simply implying that you are biased.

Comment

All the things that made the Prometheus what it was were Goa'uld, Ancient, or Asgard in design. The only thing we can really claim is throwing them all together, and even then, it didn't even work until a Goa'uld fixed it.
                        exactly.
                        Quote what he said.
                        from Unnatural Selection:
                        Thor: "We have modified your engines and structural integrity fields to their maximum potential to assure your safe arrival"

Comment

All the things that made the Prometheus what it was were Goa'uld, Ancient, or Asgard in design. The only thing we can really claim is throwing them all together, and even then, it didn't even work until a Goa'uld fixed it.
                          nonsense, I'm pretty sure the onboard toilets were terran-designed

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            nonsense, I'm pretty sure the onboard toilets were terran-designed
                            Nah, they were so obviously Tok'ra toilets... they ring the feces away for you

Comment

Originally posted by s09119
                              Nah, they were so obviously Tok'ra toilets... they ring the feces away for you
                              helm officer> direct hit !

captain> damage report !

officer> shields down to 50%, toilet rings are offline - we're in deep **** sir

Comment

Naqahdah Generator

could finally power earth with something clean and safe.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X