Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does a hyperspace trip take....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With no ZPM, our ships can travel at approximately 2 ly/s with ZPM that's about 8.6 ly/s. Asgard got Weir back to Atlantis in I think a week, I can't remember the ep. So their ships are about a 3 times faster than ours without a ZPM. If the figure of 2 hrs for them towing Prommie is correct, then it should take our non-ZPM ships about 6 hours to reach them. With a ZPM, that's 1 hr. 20 minutes.
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      No, no, their ships take hours, por take days. Asgard hyprdrive of course.
      But we only have the Asgard Core Power source and our own power supply...

Comment

As long as you are consistent don't sweat the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
          As long as you are consistent don't sweat the details.
          Point. With a new ship, with potentially better engines and power sources, set some time in the future, you can make it do anything within reason that you like.

Comment

It depends on power, a 304 with a ZPM goes just as fast as an oniell. so possibly those 4 ion neutrino generators, you can claim, is just as powerful as a ZPM. If you increase efficiancy you can "pull" the two regions of space closer together shortening the distance in hyperspace and thus shortening the time it would take. Or you could just make the 305 sublight engines just be insanely fast and they would go from galaxy to galaxy fast (sublight provides propulsion in hyperspace (theoretically)). If the engine is the same as the 304s, and the sublight is just as fast (.6c), powered by the same generator on the 304 it would go to atlantis still in 18 days, with a ZPM and going to Ida i think daniel said a week.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i think it would take about a week. also the X305 has roughly the same engines as a 304

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                It depends on power, a 304 with a ZPM goes just as fast as an oniell. so possibly those 4 ion neutrino generators, you can claim, is just as powerful as a ZPM. If you increase efficiancy you can "pull" the two regions of space closer together shortening the distance in hyperspace and thus shortening the time it would take. Or you could just make the 305 sublight engines just be insanely fast and they would go from galaxy to galaxy fast (sublight provides propulsion in hyperspace (theoretically)). If the engine is the same as the 304s, and the sublight is just as fast (.6c), powered by the same generator on the 304 it would go to atlantis still in 18 days, with a ZPM and going to Ida i think daniel said a week.
                All right, so lets say that they can go roughly 4 million light years in little less then a week. Thats with Five Naqahdah Generators, and the Asgard Power Core (which thats not as powerful as the ion neurino generators, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                  All right, so lets say that they can go roughly 4 million light years in little less then a week. Thats with Five Naqahdah Generators, and the Asgard Power Core (which thats not as powerful as the ion neurino generators, right?)
                  As of now it's not known if there even is an asgard power core that does anything besides power the asgard computer. All that was said was the asgard computer wouldn't interfere with the ships own power supply. Not whether it augments, adds, subtracts, ect. An asgard power core was never even specifically mentioned.

Comment

If you're referring to the power core installed on the Odyssey in "Unending", then:

The Asgard computer core is equipped with its own power source that will not infringe on your ship's ZPM. However, when the upgrades are complete, the core will be fully integrated into all the ship's systems.#
                    The power source provides power to the computer core and its functions and its functions only. The computer can interact with any system it's integrated with (it was separated from those systems at the end of "Unending"), but the power core powers the computer and the computer alone.

Comment

Ah, ok, I took that quote as meaning it will power hyperdrive and all that jazz. :-D Well, the Asgard Power Core will be full intergeaded with all the systems in all 305's (in this series...which there is only one, lol)

Comment

Actually, i believe they can power other systems' as well using the powercore. In Unending, both Carter said that both the ZPM and the powercore were depleted, thus a plan was devised to use the energy from the beam weapon fired at them.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                          Actually, i believe they can power other systems' as well using the powercore. In Unending, both Carter said that both the ZPM and the powercore were depleted, thus a plan was devised to use the energy from the beam weapon fired at them.
                          If I set my laptop up properly, I can use it to control the lighting, heat, air conditioner, etc. in my house. The laptop has its own power source (the battery), but it doesn't power the lights, heating and air conditioning systems or other things in my house.

Comment

Ok, but i dont know what your laptop has to do with anything. Two seperate things, your house is not an advanced spaceship, nor your laptop a supercomputer.
                            It was stated on the show that the powercore had its independent powersource, it generated its own power, and after 50 or so years it was depleted powering the time dialation field. So i think its safe to assume it could power the hyperdrive if need be, or give it a speed boost.

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                              Yeah but i thin in "reality" this would not be the case, they just made it shorter because of the time frame of a episode. It would prob take a day with a good powersource. But why make a 305 that big, it will need more energy, you can make it smaller but faster, maybe it would make it within a few hours if its small but has the same energy source
                              You know, it's one of the easiest things to do to imply a travel lasted one day. You don't even need to spell it, just leave clues, like beard, or else. Eventually, if you really need something clear, just a character make a comment, one drop a "one day later" at the bottom of the screen.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I would make it a little shorter than an atlantis trip. give yourself a number to work from, and remember most galaxies are less than 100,000 light years in diameter. So be consistent, or find other reasons to slow the ship/speed up the ship for plot speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X