No announcement yet.

Independence day vs SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they have shields, but the Asgard beam shreds shields.

1 hit will take out shields, at most 5 beam hits will destroy the smaller 10km ships.

Those ships have nothing to touch the Asgard shields.

600km ship is a sitting duck, never saw shields on that sucka.

It is all over.

One race that Earth/Asgard tech cannot beat in all out war is the BORG. Millions of ships, adaptation technology...

Comment

I don't agree - I'm sorry but we aren't THAT good. And the Domination Alien ships are massive with a massive power source to power those shields
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

a horizen can destroy the massive mothership, but we won't be able to use nukes on the smaller ships because of nuclear fallout as was stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
          a horizen can destroy the massive mothership, but we won't be able to use nukes on the smaller ships because of nuclear fallout as was stated above.
          Then we could just destroy them the old fasion way.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Its a little off topic but I'd like to see if the People of Earth from ID4 were able to successfully reverse engineer the alien tech.

And if so I'd like to see what those ships would look like.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
              Its a little off topic but I'd like to see if the People of Earth from ID4 were able to successfully reverse engineer the alien tech.

And if so I'd like to see what those ships would look like.

What do you think?
              that would be interesting, also, it would allow earth to unite like never before because of the dangers of future alien attck

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                Yes they have shields, but the Asgard beam shreds shields.

1 hit will take out shields, at most 5 beam hits will destroy the smaller 10km ships.

Those ships have nothing to touch the Asgard shields.

600km ship is a sitting duck, never saw shields on that sucka.

It is all over.

One race that Earth/Asgard tech cannot beat in all out war is the BORG. Millions of ships, adaptation technology...
                We have no idea how tough their shields are, you're speculating. Also the smaller ships are 24km long and the mother ship is 800km long. They can move such massive ships through space and power shields around them, it stands to reason they'd have some decent offensive weapons. The 800km mothership could have hundreds of those city destroyer canons across its surface.

No shields on the mothership? Whats this based on?

Now I doubt the shields will hold out long against the Asgard beam weapons, but we have no way to tell for sure. As for the mothership nothing short of several gatebusters have a change of destroying in a decent amount of time due to the sheer size.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

My guess is that we could own it easily even with pre-Unending tech...beam a nuke and watch it burn...or do we need to fly an F-16 up there first?
                  Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

Those ships were not impressive at all. Sitting ducks with a lot of fighters.

If they were 24km long, they got the CGI scaling way wrong. Because the ships were protrayed as being far smaller.

600km, 800 km, 1000km, not too much difference. Mothership will take a lot of pounding from Mark 9s before it goes down. The mothership did not exhibit any shielding tech, and to power those shields would be titanic.

Comment

i think a computer virus would do the trick!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Those ships were not impressive at all. Sitting ducks with a lot of fighters.

If they were 24km long, they got the CGI scaling way wrong. Because the ships were protrayed as being far smaller.

600km, 800 km, 1000km, not too much difference. Mothership will take a lot of pounding from Mark 9s before it goes down. The mothership did not exhibit any shielding tech, and to power those shields would be titanic.
                        I agree you shoot one nuke down an opening in the ship and its over right there.

Comment

Replecators!

Comment

Replecators!
                            I had not thought of that, that may work if we can avoid a AOT insodent.

Comment

in order to avoid an AOT incedent, we should let the aliens kill the IOA, since they were the ones who screwed up in the first place.

Comment

in order to avoid an AOT incedent, we should let the aliens kill the IOA, since they were the ones who screwed up in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X