No announcement yet.

Ori Technology question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori First Powers the ships, thats all. Once it gets powered, it powers itself continuiosly, once it turns off, a Ori is required to once repower it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
      Ori First Powers the ships, thats all. Once it gets powered, it powers itself continuiosly, once it turns off, a Ori is required to once repower it.
      You know that might actually be valid, so no more Ori toilet ships, they'd be a finite resource.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        You know that might actually be valid, so no more Ori toilet ships, they'd be a finite resource.
        But why would you ever turn the ships off?
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
          Nope, we saw in 'Counterstrike' the ship was turned off, we also saw the powersource activate, it doesn't need the ori. At first it would've needed a prior to activate it, since they were the only ones who could control the ships but now earth has a way of controlling the ships themselves.

Comment

Shutting a ship down would make it hard to detect and conserve power. I don't care how potent the power source, conserving power is always valid.

Also, you might shut it down for maintenance. It is established fact that the ship has a power core. The Ori "don't share power" so I think they would never use their power to drive the ships.

A ZPM or their version of it would be the most likely powersource. JM could back off his statement by just saying the Priors "drive" the ship. Or have to "Power it up"

Comment

I think the priors just have a gene simillar to the Ancient gene so they can fly the ships. If the Ori were powering the ships themselves wouldn't that be a violation of the Ancient rule book? They were supplying their war machines from their home galaxy.

Perhaps the Prior turned it off. In SGA once initialized an Ancient tech can be used by anyone. In Travellers Episode the Larrin and John were worried that the Wraith could fly the Aurora because John left it on. Since the Ori and the Ancient have simillarities in technology maybe they are the same.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Yeah. Ori cannot power the ships=violation of the 'rules'. And obviously the Ori were not powering the ships.

"Joe M. himself, and calling people "mentally challenged"

And you took this personally? It was a generalization.

We just proved that Jim makes up stuff to fit the situation. Even then he supposedly said good replica's.

Jim is wrong once, then he can be wrong many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  But why would you ever turn the ships off?
                  I never said you would, I just meant no more would be built.

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  Nope, we saw in 'Counterstrike' the ship was turned off, we also saw the powersource activate, it doesn't need the ori. At first it would've needed a prior to activate it, since they were the only ones who could control the ships but now earth has a way of controlling the ships themselves.
                  Actually there was an Ori on board, Adria.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Actually there was an Ori on board, Adria.
                    Adria was not an Ori; Ori are ascended beings with vast powers. She was, at most (and pre-"Dominion"), nothing more than a suped-up Prior. And even then, we saw the power core. Why would Adria be so intent on having that remain intact if she could fly the ship without it?
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

A good explanantion would have been this:

"As previously guessed, the Ori ships ran on a version of Project Arcutrus, giving them virtually limitless power. Naturally the Ori, having access to vast knowledge, used a massive matter bridge to send away the exotic particles (The giant toliet being extra energy being used to prevent any possible overloard and destroy the exotic particles). SGC decided against using the Ori ships, since each one had the potential of sending exotic particles to an inhabited universe."

BAM nicely links up with the series, and makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Adria was not an Ori; Ori are ascended beings with vast powers. She was, at most (and pre-"Dominion"), nothing more than a suped-up Prior. And even then, we saw the power core. Why would Adria be so intent on having that remain intact if she could fly the ship without it?
                        IIRC they've always referred to Adria as an Ori in human form, although that doesn't necessarily make it true. I never said she could fly a ship without the power core, she probably couldn't. She may have been able to start the reaction that powered the ship though, something akin to throwing a match in gasoline. From my limited technical understanding of starfaring craft I know that power cores are where the explodey parts tend to be, so blowing them up is not conducive to the continued existance of said spacecraft.

Comment

Star Wars fandom has an interesting relationship with their Almighty George Lucas. George is the creator and has the final say on everything, his word is law. But he has a habit of changing his mind. Thus, Star Wars fans take what he says to be canon until it's contradicted by something he later says or authorises.

I would suggest taking Joe's comments similarly. His off-the-cuff remarks are basically accurate until contradicted by the show or another writer. In this case, the very moment he made the remark, it was already contradicted

As for the original question, the Priors must have made a matter manipulator/reconstructer, possibly with limited functions. That would be how they constructed the ships and material for war.

Comment

ok first off the power generator we saw. next the ori were dead so them powering the ships is stupid plus the ori ships are in our galaxy so no way the ancients let them use their power in our galaxy.

now as far as them building the ship in their galaxy and coming here. i dont think the ori would have had any trouble suppling them with the advance technology needed to make superior ships.

Comment

To be honest, the power core to an Ori ship looks more like a plasma source, especially after seeing how they did the effect. If anything, I would somehow relate it to the Asgard's neutrino ion generators - obviously of a different design/configuration. If this is indeed related to plasma technology, an initial amount of power would be required to create enough plasma where it stabilizes itself, creating a plasma ball (look it up, its pretty cool) - and in that case, the priors staff presumable could supply the initial power, or he just uses his staff to switch the on button on the power core.... who knows. But the Ori have no involvement, other then supplying the knowledge on building the ships.

As for ship construction, like someone else noted, your really only building an outer shell - the hull. Interior would be fairly easy, since form what Vala said, all the hallways look alike. The more complicated systems (ie. the ones requiring that you actually know something) could either be done by the priors, or even by the Ori themselves - however, given that more ships were built after the Ori were destroyed, suggests that the priors/ori people, given that they already have the plans, can build more on there own - including soldier weapons/armor, etc - cause i was just about to say that the Ori could of provided that themselves at Celestis or something.

And Adria is half Ori, half human. Fully Ori once she ascended.

Comment

^Right about adria. she was an orici, or ori human cross.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Working...
                                X