X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    Well, I am not surprised actually.

Look at Atlantis' shield:

10 Wraith Hives and over 20 Wraith Cruisers would take 3+ days to take down Atlantis' shields powered by ONE ZPM!
    1 or 2 Hives can take out Daedalus' shields in 1+ minutes.
    2-3 Shots from an Orii ship takes down the shield.

That means it would take thousands of shots to take out a 1 ZPM Atlantis.
    Assuming no anti-shield specialties that is.

So the Oddyssey taking a dozen+ hits is no problem.

Remember in Unending:
    Ship entirely reffit and reworked.
    Planet exploded and damaged the ship.
    Ship took 6+ hits in Unending anyway.
    Yes but your ignoring the first three shot before the asgard exploded. And i counted about 7-9 shots on the ody in aot just in the scene where cam gets to the bridge.
    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

In unending the 304 could survive no more than 6 shots, for AoT the replicators need only get to shield emitters to increase its efficiency. the last shot we saw, i thought took down the shields because it looked like it but i probably am mistaken.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"I dont see how you get 12 shots out of the finale like that, one shot took them down something like 20% and then the next one about the same."

First confronation. Ori ship chases the Odyssey, 2 HITS, shields are down 17%, as the actor states. 17%/2=8.5%. 100/8.5=11.77, so approximately 12 shots are needed to destroy the Odyssey.

After which, the planet exploded, the resulting shock wave no doubt damaged the shields of both ships to some effect...And 2nd and 3rd Ori confronation we do not see from begining to end without edits...

Like I said, if the proportion is fixed (which it was in Flesh and Blood, first shot 50% shields, next shot supposedly 0% shields, 3rd shot destroys since there was no shield resistance), then approx 12 shots are needed.

In AoT, the Odyssey lasted constant fire from 4 Ori ships for well over 1 minutes. Which means many dozens of shots had to be fired.

This could be for any one of the reasons: Plot shield in effect, Replicators did something, McKays shields upgrades implimented and all the power going to shields only.
        Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 13 March 2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          "I dont see how you get 12 shots out of the finale like that, one shot took them down something like 20% and then the next one about the same."

First confronation. Ori ship chases the Odyssey, 2 HITS, shields are down 17%, as the actor states. 17%/2=8.5%. 100/8.5=11.77, so approximately 12 shots are needed to destroy the Odyssey.

After which, the planet exploded, the resulting shock wave no doubt damaged the shields of both ships to some effect...And 2nd and 3rd Ori confronation we do not see from begining to end without edits...

Like I said, if the proportion is fixed (which it was in Flesh and Blood, first shot 50% shields, next shot supposedly 0% shields, 3rd shot destroys since there was no shield resistance), then approx 12 shots are needed.

In AoT, the Odyssey lasted constant fire from 4 Ori ships for well over 1 minutes. Which means many dozens of shots had to be fired.

This could be for any one of the reasons: Plot shield in effect, Replicators did something, McKays shields upgrades implimented and all the power going to shields only.
          When i said finale im talking about the season 10 finale incase it was confusing, after 3 shots with the new asgard core installed the helmsmen states sheilds are down to 83%(this is before the planet exploded). 27% after 3 shots so around 9 shots to destroy one is what i got from it. In aot we see around that many just in the scene with cam on the bridge. As martin loyd would say they should have just hung a lantern on it, wasnt it good that this upgraded our shields or whatever.
          sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Mckay came up with an upgrade to shields last year. The unending upgrades might have been uber. Might be the replicators too... Many possible explanations.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Mckay came up with an upgrade to shields last year. The unending upgrades might have been uber. Might be the replicators too... Many possible explanations.
              uneilding upgrades = 9 shots to kill the ody. Explanations just arnt that great and as i said, would have been nice for the the "hang a lantern" on the obvious implications of the scene, and wouldnt those upgrades had already been put on the ody before we got the asgard core. I doubt they would wait until the last minute to upgrade.
              sigpic

Comment

from every indication we have seen the shields used it was never a constant percent damage done per shot. As shields got weaker the percent depleted per shot increased, using simple arithmatic wont accurately show how much damage is done per blow you need to use algebra. I had a thread made about a year ago clocking the maximum ammount of shots taken by the Odyssey in Unending to be 6 shots, in an inverted parabolic shape. and when simultaneous shots are taken damage is increased even more. I will watch AoT to get shots down and a specific time markers to update but i see the equation changing drastically.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

"3 shots with the new asgard core installed the helmsmen states sheilds are down to 83%(this is before the planet exploded). 27% after 3 shots so around 9 shots to destroy one"

Huh?

If it was 3 shots, the shields went down by 17%...not 27%. 100-83=17.

As far as I recall it was only 2 shots, thus need 12 shots to take out the Oddy with a fixed percentage. AoT of increased this amount dramtically. I highly doubt even McKays upgrades would do this, or even the Repilcators...I put it to plot shields. Because the Oddy lasted minutes under fire from FOUR Ori ships!

"Odyssey in Unending to be 6 shots, in an inverted parabolic shape". Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
                    uneilding upgrades = 9 shots to kill the ody. Explanations just arnt that great and as i said, would have been nice for the the "hang a lantern" on the obvious implications of the scene, and wouldnt those upgrades had already been put on the ody before we got the asgard core. I doubt they would wait until the last minute to upgrade.
                    It is just a tv show. Its not like theyre gonna sit around with a calculator measuring stuff out. Its what the story requires and within reason. I too noticed it took alot of shots but went MEH. I didnt stand up and point at the screen screaming PLOT HOLE PLOT HOLE PLOT HOLE!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      It is just a tv show. Its not like theyre gonna sit around with a calculator measuring stuff out. Its what the story requires and within reason. I too noticed it took alot of shots but went MEH. I didnt stand up and point at the screen screaming PLOT HOLE PLOT HOLE PLOT HOLE!

lol
                      Lol point taken, but it would be similar if suddenly we shot one of our missiles at the ori and it destroyed them, there was no explanation for it, except adding more drama, but it would have been nice for them to mention something about it since the difference is ever so obvious.

Woops lol, i guess iv gone through too much stargate eps recently with too little sleep lol
                      The main point, the odys shields deff seemed better in aot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X