No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just because a country has a battlecruiser dosen't mean the stargate program will be secreat, you never know when a disgruntled politician would reveal the secreat.

Comment

That is a good point but a little hey we'll let you have the Battlecruiser blueprints if you keep quite about the Stargate would help I mean it obviously wouldn't make it 100% definate that someone would ruin the secret but it would sure as hell help, I mean apart from Russia no other country has really directly profited from the Stargate programme, and if I was the leader of one of the other countries who knew about the Stargate I'd be getting pretty annoyed with being kept out of the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
        i think no country should get a ship unless they can contribue something and are not beeing greedy. that goes for all, what can great brittan, germany, france, austrailia, etc, contribute?
        Well in my opinon GB has a great military history with the Navy. So they would be able to
        contribute tatics and they have decent pilots. Austrailia is almost the same thing accept their Navy iset as strong as GB but still has vevry good tatics. And France dosent deseve one beacuse like fugiman said "they would probaly just surrender it" or in my opinon make it all sisey and foofey and when it comes time to fight just scream and run.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
          i say one 304 for france, one 304 for britain and ireland together, one for germany, one for italy, two for switzerland(VERY VERY RICH) and one 304 for the benelux, than 2 more for the US, 1 for Japan and 2 for Russia

this may sound like fanwanking, but i think this would work the best
          switzerland isnt actually that rich they might have a high gdp per capita, not the highest though but theyre total gdp only just puts them in the top 20

the problem with a lot of the worlds richest countries especially japan and germany is their relatively low defence spending and general attitude towards war, switzerland couldnt afford to run even one 304 due to their neutrality they dont have much of a defence budget

Comment

As fugiman said, the france would surrender to the Wraith when they see the size differences. I could see Britain with one, same with Russia, and maybe Ireland and Australia, possibly Italy.
            http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Australia: HMS OZ aka, 'The Great and Powerful Oz'

lol we get a ship because we provide raw materials for building the ships

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

IMO we should definatelty give GB one, probably Germany, maybe Japan, definitely not france or italy.
                sigpic
                Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

What is with the French bashing in this thread? I'm a Brit, and we take the piss out of the French (and Germans and Italians etc...) as much as the next country... but repeating the same joke over and over is wearing the good natured vibe a little thin.

Comment

well, i'm an american who has been to france, so let me tell you about my experience.

they will be mean and evil to americans, they will insult you, push you around, etc. but the second you stand up for yourself, they back down. there was a point in time were france was a proud military power, (WWI), but afterwards they developed into a cowardly nation.

Comment

well, i'm an american who has been to france, so let me tell you about my experience.

they will be mean and evil to americans, they will insult you, push you around, etc. but the second you stand up for yourself, they back down. there was a point in time were france was a proud military power, (WWI), but afterwards they developed into a cowardly nation.
                      WOAAAAA

The only reason why France decided to surrender in WWII was because of the mass genocide on the battle field in WWI. They lost millions. Every person was affected, just because they decided to surrender when the deadliest killing machine had overun all their main defenses does not make them cowards, just smart. The Germans might have done what they did in Poland excute most of men they capture rather than feed them.

And that one instance should not set the standard for France for the remaining two centuries.

I'll ask you this, do you know what the French Foreign Legion is? because if you had any idea what they do you would not call them cowardly.

Comment

I'd like to see France & England, perhaps Germany (they'd have to disclose everything to them first) team up to build a ship, they already kind of did that with the Eurofighter Typhoon.

Comment

i know of the french foriegn legion, in fact, i'm watching them on the discovery channel right now. after watching for the past 40 minutes, i must say they have balls.

and for what i said about ww2, i was wrong, i got caught up in the moment. i'm a historian and the fact that i didn't check the facts shames me. so to any french out there, i'm sorry for saying yor cowardly useing ww2 as a example. however, i do stand by what i said about them being rude a-holes. if it was just one person, i could accept that, but when its everyone you meet, thats different. and it was everyne cursing me and my family out.

if the french can prove that they are willing to fight for earth just like the US has, and even russia has, then give them a ship. under certain conditions of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            I'll ask you this, do you know what the French Foreign Legion is? because if you had any idea what they do you would not call them cowardly.
                            The French Legion is badass, it has Jean Claude-Van Damm in it!

I lived and worked in France for a while and they are nice enough people on the whole, but I still wouldn't want one covering my back in a fight...not unless they prove that they have the fighting spirit back that they had before WW2, I mean at one point the French Empire was almost as big as the British Empire.

Comment

If they were, I think they should get 303's first, untill they get more experience with them. And the fact, they can't be trusted with the more powerful versions yet.

Obviously the 303's will be upgraded with the asgard tech

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

i know of the french foriegn legion, in fact, i'm watching them on the discovery channel right now. after watching for the past 40 minutes, i must say they have balls.
                                I've got a friend who serves in the French foriegn legion. They are one of the most badass military groups in the world (not as tough as the Brigades of Gurkhas but they're just insane).

This French cowardice thing is just a stereotype and TBH I've only heard this from Americans. France has a long history of fighting wars (just like most European nations have) and they were always a tough bunch. Just remember Napoleon who singlehandedly conquered most of Europe. What's more this stereotype is not even based on military actions. It started after the Germans marched into France in WWII and created the so called Vichy-republic in the southern part of the country as a semi-independent state with a German friendly leadership. Some French people collaborated with the nazis there in robbing their fellow citizens (Jews and Christians alike). That's where this whole French cowardice/surrender talk started. On the other hand people tend to forget about the French soldiers who fought alongside the Brittish and all the underground resistance movements throughout France. Where do you think the word maquis came from? It surely wasn't invented by Star Trek writers...
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_%28World_War_II%29

Comment

Working...
                                X