Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ownage is complete and total. Asgard beams weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
    @Gala, i agree with you on that, but the writers did screw up on the shield part, they were horribly ineffective. And do remember, this wasn't the first time a 304 was ambushed, in "No Man's Land" the Daedalus was caught with her shields down and caught quite a few shots right on the hull, and the damage wasn't nearly as bad...
    Well, i saw HD images of the Daedalus when they are in orbit above Atlantis with the Orion, and there were a lot of quite big holes on the missile bays.
    Apart from that, the Phoenix took a LOT of hits. Continuous fire from 3 hives without a miss....that can wear down a shield quite fast. And in No Mans Land the front of the hives was facing Daedalus, in The Last Man they could bring much more guns to bare with the upper and lover parts facing the Phoenix. And as we saw, wraith targeting is very accurate, almost all of their shots hit. So i think the Phoenix was in a much bigger disadvantage than the Daedalus was, even with taking the first volley of wraith fire without shields.
    Trailers and PR
    Stargate: War Begins team
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
    forums:
    http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
      @Gala, i agree with you on that, but the writers did screw up on the shield part, they were horribly ineffective. And do remember, this wasn't the first time a 304 was ambushed, in "No Man's Land" the Daedalus was caught with her shields down and caught quite a few shots right on the hull, and the damage wasn't nearly as bad...
      Speaking of which, why didn't Michael open fire the second the Phoenix arrived? Why wait until its shields were up?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Speaking of which, why didn't Michael open fire the second the Phoenix arrived? Why wait until its shields were up?
        I dunno, it would have made the Phoenix being destroyed so fast more believable.

Comment

I found the scene perfectly believable. Did you see the rate of fire from those hives? No wonder the phoenix got hammered. It was hit by a lot of shots and its shields were still up at the end albeit the ship itself was falling apart.

It just shows the Wraith aren't complete push overs.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the earth ship was being boxed in and being so close it was hard to miss, the phoenix missiles could get to the hives

and while the pheonix was ramming into the other hives it gave the other 2 hives time to move in and therefore the blast wave caught them out

they were likely hybrid humans on the hives, there not that smart, they just have the wraith mental ability and maybe among other things so they can control wraith ships and tech

micheal probaly knew that those hives wouldnt match his ships and therefore left it to his subjects to handle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Carter probably got her shields up as she was getting ready for combat, or maybe, it takes longer to get weapons lock on an enemy vessel, as seen in BAMSR, when the Apollo and Daedalus ambushed the first Asuran Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                The second Hive took minimal damage from a single hit. Not sure what happened there.
                The hit wasn't well-placed. It barely grazed the hull, almost missed.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I remember it hitting squarely in the center of the thickest part of the hive, where armor would have been much more dense and thick.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I actually think it's ridiculous that the asgard beam weapon would destroy a Hive in three shots. Hives are massive 11km is huge their armour should be incredibly thick 5-10 shots would have been more acceptable.

Comment

the actual impact radius was far larger than any scale of a pulse weapon weve seen, but it looks like they hit the hive in a way that the structure would have buckled and snapped

Comment

Originally posted by Tekken Lord
                        I actually think it's ridiculous that the asgard beam weapon would destroy a Hive in three shots. Hives are massive 11km is huge their armour should be incredibly thick 5-10 shots would have been more acceptable.
                        +1 the second attack (1 hit with minimal damage) was far more realistic

PS. and if the 1st hiveship really was destroyed for having been hit in "weak spots" then this means hives suffer from a major design flaw, in other words the writers have yet again dumbed down the wraith by another notch :/

Comment

Originally posted by Tekken Lord View Post
                          Everything about the Asgard beam weapons and 304 performance vs alien warships in general is ridiculous.

Comment

If the Hives have external weaknesses that make them so easily destroyed it makes the Wraith unbelievably stupid, out of all the ships in the stargate universe Hives should be able to handle the beam weapons far better than any other vessel but plot and hero shield prevents that. It's a shame too.

Off topic: can somebody please provide the dimensions of a Wraith Cruiser?

Comment

well if the hives actually grow uncontrolably to have that weakness there really isnt anything the wraith could do

Comment

Just to point out... if aliens gave atilla the hun a healthy stockpile of backpack nukes human history would look completely different.

Comment

Working...
                                X