Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ori and the Wraith in an all out war, who would win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont mean smarter in knowledge, but smarter in tactics, even though the ori have much knowledge, they are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
      i dont mean smarter in knowledge, but smarter in tactics, even though the ori have much knowledge, they are stupid
      In battle tactics the Wraith haveb't been shown to be smart at all, the grunts basically just run into enemy fire and in ship battles the hives/cruisers just sit in one place firing.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        In battle tactics the Wraith haveb't been shown to be smart at all, the grunts basically just run into enemy fire and in ship battles the hives/cruisers just sit in one place firing.
        They used tactics in the siege. In a ground war the Wraith would win. Unless a Prior was present. They could use darts to take out ground troops and deploy ground troops etc...

In space the Wraith would put up a much better fight than anyone in the MW. But they would ultimately lose as even if they beat the Ori invaders they couldn't get to the Ori galaxy.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          They used tactics in the siege. In a ground war the Wraith would win. Unless a Prior was present. They could use darts to take out ground troops and deploy ground troops etc...

In space the Wraith would put up a much better fight than anyone in the MW. But they would ultimately lose as even if they beat the Ori invaders they couldn't get to the Ori galaxy.
          If ships are brought into the ground battle then you could just say the Ori could use their raiders to take out the darts aswell as plant a ring platform to repeatedly bring in more troops or just bomb the ground. ultimately on a just troops battle, no darts, no raiders present, it would be fairly square unless a prior was there.

Comment

heres the advantages/ disadvatages for each race

Wraith
            advantages
            -numbers
            -cloning armies
            -dart transporters
            -huge size of the hive
            -great computer hacking abilities
            -great ewar abilities
            -constantly in fight with human populations and have unriveled experience
            -very quick responses
            -instant communication over short distances
            -support craft as in cruisers
            -very few claimed planet as they live in space on there hives

disadvantages
            -no shields
            -no handheld kill weapons
            -occasionally there men are just cannon fodder
            -reasonably weak weaponry
            -hives are easy to get into
            -severally diminished numbers from replicators and in fighting
            -needs major power requirments to run its clonning facilities

ORI
            advantages
            -good numbers
            -good ship build time
            -plenty of cannon fodder
            -ring transporter deplyoment
            -very good understanding of the stargate
            -good shields
            -good weapons handheld and shipboard
            -priors
            -adria = sexy evil person
            -acended beings
            -untouchable homeworlds
            -supergate

disadvantages
            -very stupid tactically
            -very stupid footsoldiers
            -can avoid main weapon by staying behind the ship
            -ships arent very maunovoable
            -1 prior per ship take him out and ship stops intill another prior takes command
            -easy to ring onto an ori ship
            -no good area of effect weapons
            -very little support ships (not including fighters)
            -half decent fighter craft (the jafa took out equal numbers over chulak)
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

If ships are brought into the ground battle then you could just say the Ori could use their raiders to take out the darts aswell as plant a ring platform to repeatedly bring in more troops or just bomb the ground. ultimately on a just troops battle, no darts, no raiders present, it would be fairly square unless a prior was there.
              Darts can take out Ori fighters too. Plus I'd bet money Darts will be more numerous. The ring platform can be easily negated, as you ring in you're defenseless. Wraith can bomb the ground as well. The Wraith also have those stun bombs which they could use on the battle field...if they were clever. Wraith also have grenades if you remember so there's their kill weapon.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Darts can take out Ori fighters too. Plus I'd bet money Darts will be more numerous. The ring platform can be easily negated, as you ring in you're defenseless. Wraith can bomb the ground as well. The Wraith also have those stun bombs which they could use on the battle field...if they were clever. Wraith also have grenades if you remember so there's their kill weapon.
                Though darts are more likely more numerous I'm willing to bet the raiders are better, that alone should even up those odds. Yeah you can bomb the ring platform, you can also take down darts before they have a chance to beam more troops down. Don't foreget the Ori also have the arm stunners with had more rapid fire than their staffs and looked to be quicker than wraith stunners. Basically the two sides are pretty much equal, granted though never really saw much out of the Ori troops, there could be even more to them than we've seen, same for the wraith really but at this point minus a prior the sides are even.

Comment

Though darts are more likely more numerous I'm willing to bet the raiders are better, that alone should even up those odds. Yeah you can bomb the ring platform, you can also take down darts before they have a chance to beam more troops down. Don't foreget the Ori also have the arm stunners with had more rapid fire than their staffs and looked to be quicker than wraith stunners. Basically the two sides are pretty much equal, granted though never really saw much out of the Ori troops, there could be even more to them than we've seen, same for the wraith really but at this point minus a prior the sides are even.
                  The Ori army is made of Peasants the Wraith are more experienced and have those mind powers. I'm pretty sure the likely superstitious Ori army would be freaked by Wraith visions. I doubt the raiders are going to be that much better tbh. They were taken down by gliders and alkesh, darts should have no trouble if they outnumber them.

The thing is there are more darts than ring platforms and darts can move. When did we see an Ori arm stunner fire quickly? I can't actually remember. Its also quite possible that the Wraith could come up with a counter measure to disable the Priors powers.

One strategy I think could have been used on the Ori by Earth or the Tau'ri is ringing over both a Prior inhibitor and a nuke. The prior can't disable the nuke if his powers are disabled and the nuke will destroy the ship...although unless the Wraith have rings that won't work for them.

Comment

The Ori army is made of Peasants the Wraith are more experienced and have those mind powers. I'm pretty sure the likely superstitious Ori army would be freaked by Wraith visions. I doubt the raiders are going to be that much better tbh. They were taken down by gliders and alkesh, darts should have no trouble if they outnumber them.

The thing is there are more darts than ring platforms and darts can move. When did we see an Ori arm stunner fire quickly? I can't actually remember. Its also quite possible that the Wraith could come up with a counter measure to disable the Priors powers.

One strategy I think could have been used on the Ori by Earth or the Tau'ri is ringing over both a Prior inhibitor and a nuke. The prior can't disable the nuke if his powers are disabled and the nuke will destroy the ship...although unless the Wraith have rings that won't work for them.
                    The Wraith are just mindless drones, who have even worse tactics than the Ori, they just run into fire, watch LITS the Ori soldiers actually use tactics. I believe they were shown to be pretty rapid in 'The Quest part 2' not Kull warrior fast but faster than wraith stunners. Yeah that's a possibility but we can't say for sure, if we say things like that scenarios can work for either side.

Was it ever confirmed it was the priors that stopped the bombs from going off? I'm know Adria disabled some C4 but she's alot more powerful than the priors and seems to have a bigger awareness around her. It could be the Ori ships have those dampening fields like on Asgard ships that stopped the bombs......don't know if that would work on a nuke though. Yeah the Wraith would need rings first and also the knowledge about the beam only being able to penetrate the Ori shield when it fluctuates, so they'd have to know about the fluctuations.

Comment

-very stupid tactically
                      -very stupid footsoldiers
                      How so? They managed to almost make a beachead in the MW galaxy by tricking the races to powering their own shield as a distance. They subverted dozens of worlds and some they gave blueprints in order to create powerful satellite weapons that could gut an Earth ship. As for soldiers, I think the only stupid time I have seen them do anything was when SG-1 boarded Adria's warship to get the Sangraal where they were hiding in almost open sight but this was SG-1 who has to win so meh.

-can avoid main weapon by staying behind the ship
                      While true "Camelot" shows that ships trying to flank the Ori warship are destroyed by numerous pulse guns which are capable of destroying a Ha'tak with repeated fire.

-ships arent very maunovoable
                      Maybe but they can easily match the speeds of a Ha'tak as seen in "Flesh and Blood" where they practically dance around space chasing the Jaffa ships. Plus, helps when you have nearly invincible shields.

-1 prior per ship take him out and ship stops intill another prior takes command
                      True, problem is taking out that Prior in the first place. A Wraith stun bomb might, note might, do the trick but we know they can form shields around themselves to protect them from harm so...

-no good area of effect weapons
                      You mean as in grenades? If so then I agree with you there.

Everytime we have seen the Ori crusaders, typically a Prior was not far behind so they can quite easily use their own powers to aid in the battle if the Wraith are going to use their telepathic illusions.

On the raider verus dart thing, we don't know that any raiders were destroyed. We just saw some explosions which could be Jaffa ships entirely or some Raiders. Point is I don't think that was confrmed and we have very little evidence on the performance of the raiders.

Might have been in the Quest Part 1 when a villager tried to charge the Ori leader and he just quickly moved his arm and shot the guy.

That depends if the Ori ships dont have an internal dampening device like the Asgard do. Anyway, Prior inhibitors are short ranged so they can beam it but the Prior can still use his abilities at a distance. It doesnt magically stop a Prior from anywhere, it has to be near them as it interferes with their concentration.

Also I think some people are really underestimating the Ori crusaders on the account that they are peasants from various worlds in the Ori galaxy. The episode "Line in the Sand" shows that they arent just dumb things that stand around to be shot and shows that they have adapted to the concept of military warfare as well as tactics since they used flanking manevuers and even ambushed the villagers from behind.

Anyway regardless the way you put it, there is no concievable way for the Wraith to win in the long run as already stated.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The problem with the Wraith is that the best way to infiltrate their ships is to let your soldiers be culled, and once reintegrated inside ships, they break loose.
                        Finding way to get rid of the Wraith inside their ship wouldn't be so problematic.
                        Eventually, make them suicide bombers.
                        Hell, even let Priors get inside. He frees the men easily and it's worse for the Wraith goons.

Once again, involving the Ori is absurd. They've been downplayed, nerfed and written out in the most absurd way, yet they still remain very powerful with key advantages.
                        These advantages being:

- Peasants still showing tactics on par or even slightly superior to those of Jaffa, supposedly experienced warriors.
                        - Raiders capable to quickly deposit a ring platform at a key point.
                        - Nullify the "beam the nuke inside" tactic, somehow.
                        - Insanely tough shields.
                        - Powerful weapons, either main front beam or secondary pulse cannons.
                        - Priors. Already tough on their own, their staves increase their powers, and the profusion of stargates in the galaxies in question will just give them even more abilities to increase their powers.
                        - Supergates which can't be destroyed.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                        X