The Phoenix - Everything you wanna see [Massive Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

Definitely Michael is getting off too easy in the Last Man. None of the Hives seem to giving him any trouble at all.

They have to fine tune the plot shields to make not so apparent.

It may well turn out worse than BAMSR'd in terms of 'realistic' battle.

But still above Star Trek battles: Where only plot shield protected ships have shields and everything else no shields in massive ship combats.

Comment

By the looks of it, it's a must-see in HD!
      sigpic
      Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

I'd prefer Blu-ray myself, when I can get it. 1080p Hive Ships blowing up!

Comment

OMG i cant beleive people are jumping to conclusion from 1 min and 10 secs of film, seriosly can you sum it up in 1:10 of clips we dont know that battle could be going on for 40 minutes.

1. Not once is there any indication that the hives are abandoned or who was on what hive.

2. The BC-304 the reason it might not have been firing its beams might be cause its out of range, has been firing them but they need to cool down, might not do enough damage to hives (being there systems are spread all throughout the ship and harder to hit), because if your firing missles and beams theres a chance the beam could hit the missle and game over, its beams may have been disabled, maybe they just wanted to damage and not detroy the hives, maybe they have been firing but arent in this clip. Seriosly theres many reason why they werent firing just watch the freaking episode

3. The BC-304 might blow up but we dont know why it did it might have been fighting a heroic battle vs 40 wraith hives above Earth there no indication to the contrary, i mean it might not even be a BC-304 at all but something that looks like it.

4. What's wrong with sam dying its just more realistic and true heros die all the time in the real world tkae lord nelson if it was a tv show then he wouldnt have died at trafalgar just so the fans dont get upset, heroes have to die life and death is a fact of life. once again theres no indication to whether sam dies or not she and the crew mighta beamed to another ship or the planet for all we know.
          5. Mckay getting it off with keller, seriosly it could happen we all know rodney has a certain charm about him that we cant put are fingers on, she might prefer rodney to ronon just cause some people are vain and go for looks over wealth, stability and charm doesnt mean keller is. In my opinoin its added a more realistic aproach to the series you dont choose who you fall in love with.
          Also i more picture a life with ronon of him slapping a big dead deer carcas on the table and saying eat wereas i see rodney buying the food from walmart or wereever which would you prefer.

6. There missles dont be so bloody blind the trail of smoke is a clear indication they are coming out of the further back launchers if you pause it at the right time you can see that and missles do make trails of smoke behind them when launching look at modern day fighter jets when they fire missles smoke comes out several feet behind them even when they are stood still(vtol before you ask).

There sorry for any bad grammer and crap like that
          Last edited by a6346; 01 March 2008, 03:20 PM.
          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

How did a crusier destroy a Hive?

Comment

from the pic that thekillman posted IMO it looks like they beamed nukes aboard coz its the same kind of explosion from the seige III

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                How did a crusier destroy a Hive?
                rewatch it closely its hive vs hive cruisers have those strange engines pointing out the back also you dont know how much damage the hive had already received if any we dont know anything bout this episode yet so quit making assumptions.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

If the 304 does not ever use any beams in the battle=plot shields in effect.

Just like the 2 beams missing Michael's plot shielded Crusier, point blank.

Comment

You people have been complaining that we haven't gotten jack out of ancient tech. Well, why not put a drone guidance system plus some partial drone propulsion systems on a standard missile? Our missiles already kick some serious ass, adding drone tech would make them better. Plus, we haven't ever seen just a few drones fire at a ship. In "It's Good to be King" only two were fired, but they hit "critical systems" yea, not sure 'bout that either, but hey. Perhaps not penetrating actually yields better damage, or they do penetrate and that's just the effect. From what I remember of IGTBK the drones caused a small explosion on penetration, then the big booms happened.
                    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                    Zatnikitelman

Comment

in its good to be king, jack wanted the drones to hit critical systems.he has been in loads of hataks, so he knew where they were. a hive is extremely big. the critical systems arre spread out, and hard to hit. like stated, against such massive ships, the only thing efficient are nukes. now where are the 302's with a gatebuster missle under it?

as to the 304: i wasnt complainting it didnt take too much or too less hits. as seen, the hives fire 4+ bolts each time. wraith weapons are on par with ori ones, as they used the big guns strategy. no shields, as ancient drones just penetrated them. big strong hull, to take the hits. to kill ancients, they simply put a load of power into the guns, giving them amazing power. all our guns are inefffective against hives. hive guns shred other hives to bits and pieces. the 304 took a hell of a beating, and judging from the "return fire" bit, you can see smoke at the back, and to the left is a screen flashing red. conclusions: it was taken by surprise, and damaged . with such powerfull guns against you, i wouldnt sacrifice shield power for beams. or the ship wouldve been blown up. in bamsr, the 304's managed fine. how? first of all, they werent alone: most fire was sent to the hives. so more power to the guns[wich suck up power], less to the shields/. oddy didnt have this problem, due to its zpm, powercore, and its own reactor. more than enough power. the normal 304s dont have such uber powering. so the question is: why dont we get power upgrades?

Comment

"why dont we get powerupgrades?"

I don't think it's that simple. We can't just say "ooo i would like to have a ZPM, yes give me a couple of them" come on!!! This is complex tech way above around current understanding. We might be able to produce a primitive version of it, but to expect the quality that rivals that of the ancients is just grazy. They had milions of years to develope their tech, we have just been around for like 100 years when it comes down to technological development.
                        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

If the 304 was taken by complete surprise, and taking fire from 3-4 Hives.

Time to raise shields, all power to shields, stop firing useless missles.

Then escape, hyperspace window.

If hyperdrive damaged, then yeah, got problems. =)

Clearly, the 304 does not have enough juice.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            Spoiler:

I: tower
                            II: neck:
                            III: hangar

comparation:
                            Spoiler:

[this took me an age to get the right image]

[carters ship is hit at the back, unlike the oddy/kolorev wich were killed at the neck][all images contain the name, and timing. see for yourself]
                            Thanks for taking the time for the screenshots. While I agree with you it could be anything and often these ads are misleading on perpose. Just like the time they showed the scene of the Asuran beam weapon coming towards Atlantis when they said something like "Can they save Atlantis from destruction?" or something like that. It's all to make people freak out and think everything's getting destroyed so they'll watch the show more.

Vala,

Comment

the ship blowing up is a 304 . and i really do think its the future gone bad. ofcourse it will be reversed, just like the oddy.like bamsr. i thought todd had landed a ship, and was taking off[explaining the tremors].

promos are always unrepresentative of the eppy. simply because the pics arent chronological. they are just nice random scenes. the hive michael[if its him] blows up, was most likely todd's, and was disabled or surprised. yet you dont know, because the part with michael saying "lets end this"[or so] was placed before, but it could be a whole different scene. you dont know.

current assumptions are: atlantis teams up with todd. they get killed by michael. michael rules the galaxy. why? because they need to find teyla, or else things go bad. in the wrong timeline, shep is gone, teyla michaels prisoner, and michael gets teylas kid. the kid is the key, and michael creates more hybrids[kanaan like. or better said: people with a much stronger "gift"]

Comment

One thing is sure, the ship carter was on is 100% sure to be the Phoenix as it had the Asgard console on the bridge.
                                Trailers and PR
                                Stargate: War Begins team
                                http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                                forums:
                                http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Working...
                                X