No announcement yet.

If you could what weapons would you fit the daedules with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok we've had drones but how about drones with subspace and cloak generators? - That way they can be launched, disappear into subspace OR cloak and reappear either inside or just before detonation / impact without the enemy ever knowing.

Cloak for the main ship also - thats a must!

Micro drones.. or a few large drones filled with micro drones. IF you come across an enemy ship with interesting tech just send over the micro drones to kill the enemies onboard and take the ship. Job done!

Bezerka drones from SGU. An army of those mounted on the hull and being able to launch them at any target is definitely going to over power the enemy.

Also replicators. Beam a few of those onto an enemy ship and make a run for it leaving them to deal with the problem lol. Naturally these are friendly replicator blocks so once they've taken over the ship then phone home. Combine the replicators with micro drone launchers and your enemy will never stop them.

Comment

How about we put a stargate at the front of the ship.

In the middle of a battle Earth could dial in and send swarms of gate capable fighter ships(like jumpers or wraith darts but of our own design), guided missiles,drones, or a powerful beam weapon beamed through the gate(like the Asurans used against Atlantis). No need to risk the destruction of scarce weapons by actually having them on a ship that could be destroyed, and keep them available to any ship anywhere rather than tied to one location.

We could possibly also transfer additional power through the gate from Earth to bolster the ships own shields and weapons. Regardless of the power generating capacity of any ship we could tap into the whole power generation capability of Earth's grid and all the time be adding naquadah generators to that grid here on Earth.

Comment

You know what Railgun, that ain't a bad idea actually. We've seen the gate used as a weapon as you pointed out and with so many others being instantly delivered via the gate it would be the ultimate. Plus it's small size means they could carry spare gates should they need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Railgun View Post
          How about we put a stargate at the front of the ship.
          That has come up in my mind several times as well. However i think sending fighters through is silly. Some kind of stargate rig with a bunch of Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons tied to a huge generator would mean that even a small Al'kesh could have the firepower of a 304.

For that end, i would suggest Stargate Sattelites similar to the Asuran one. each can bring the firepower of a 304 or better without the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            That has come up in my mind several times as well. However i think sending fighters through is silly.
            Not really. The SGU drones were highly effective in large swarms against much stronger ships. Fighters would have the same profile. Sending them through the gate gives the ship the ability to act like a carrier without having to actually carry the fighters.

It would really depend on the armaments on the enemy ship how useful this would be as a strategy. I see them being of most use against a ship like the Ori where they relied heavily on front mounted super beam weapons and would find it ahrd to hit many distributed targets, but against something with it's own fighters or many smaller gun turrets it would be less effective.

If Destiny were a 304 it would have cut the Drones to pieces by now with the higher fire rate of it's Railguns, no contest.

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
            You know what Railgun, that ain't a bad idea actually. We've seen the gate used as a weapon as you pointed out and with so many others being instantly delivered via the gate it would be the ultimate. Plus it's small size means they could carry spare gates should they need them.
            I just thought as well; The gate itself can be turned into a massive explosive by loading it up with too much energy. Like when Anubis tried to explode the one on Earth. Could be the ultimate self destruct to take the enemy out too if they were too strong. Or detach it and jump to hyperspace leaving it to blow up.
            Last edited by Railgun; 05 July 2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Not really. The SGU drones were highly effective in large swarms against much stronger ships. Fighters would have the same profile. Sending them through the gate gives the ship the ability to act like a carrier without having to actually carry the fighters.
              Yea but my main concern lies in the fact that it would be excessively easy to defend against fighters with some kind of point defence like the Daedalus.

I would put my money on a big ass planet-sided gun.

Comment

"We", "our" and "us". I guess Stargate SG-1 is a historical documentary on all of you guy's experiences in dealing with the Goa'uld?

Anyway, drones would work or maybe a back engineered Tauri version of it. Railguns seems to be the most effective AA weapon against small fighters.

I would also put F-302s that can fold it's wings like any other naval aircraft built since WW2. You could the double the amount of F-302s could be shipped by a single 304.
                Hi There!

Comment

Hi, New here.
                  The Stargate Idea isn't that bad actually but didn't they capture a Ori Ship once? And shouldn't the Front Part of the one sliced by Supergate float around there? They could investigate them or ask the former Ori Followers that are now friendly and have some of these Ships left even.
                  But all in all, putting these Weapons on a BC304 wouldn't realy work. Fact is the BC304 is 215 to 225 Meters long, relatively flat and less than 100 Meters broad. The Ship has Limitations on what to put on it.
                  With the Stargate Idea there could come completely new Possibillity's though. The first would be to take away the Fighters in the Hangars and convert them into either Store Rooms, Asgard Matter Synthesizer made Drone Launch Tubes or put two big Ass Upscaled Asgard Energycores in them.
                  Another Possibillity would be the following: Take one Ton of Naquadria, stick it into a Rocket Encasement, give it a Hyperdrive and a fast BC304 Level Sublight Drive, a Cloak and then stick two of these Things into these Hangars, or even more of them. The Result would be the next Level of Destruction.
                  One Mark IX is over 10 Gigatons worth of Explosive Power. One Ton of Naquadria in a single Nuke that you can't see or detect and that can travell several Light Years from it's starting Point is a Killer.
                  The Enemy wouldn't have the Shields, if present, raised and that Overkill Nuke takes the Ship in a Single Shot out.
                  Regarding the Satellite Weapon: That Thing was the Size of a Ha'tak, over 600 Meters from what I know in Height. No Way they could fit such a Weapon on a BC304 that, like stated, is only up to 225 Meters long.
                  They would need to build a new Class of Ship, much larger and the Length used for the entire Main Cannon. But that aside, I would install four additional but rotating APW's on the BC304 so that she can fire in more Directions than just to the Front.

Comment

I'd like to see more earth built tech put into the ship. That way we know we can keep it working and never run out of stuff when we need it.
                    That said the best weapons are still alien in design.

Asgard beam is pretty effective although we have now seen a handful of ships that have been at least partially able to withstand it.

Ancient Drones are still the best thing in our arsenal, but given their power and limited supply I'd just put a few on each 304. Enough to tip the balance when used with the other weapons.

I'd have naquadria enhanced nukes as the main missile type but some would have a shield & cloak. Also I'd add a beaming system based on the Asgard transport beam to launch them. Not necessarily inside a ship like e did on the wraith, but close enough and from unexpected directions to fool enemy sensors.

Some kind of shrapnel cluster bomb that could be detonated just outside our shields to take out large numbers of enemy fighters or automated Universe type drones before the 302's get out there.

A nuclear explosion powered neutron beam weapon. A nuclear explosion creates a nuetron beam which was to be directed at the target. The 304 could launch these like a missile but they would detonate before they got too close and hit the target with a directed energy beam instead.

I think on balance I'd keep the railguns for now. They have proved effective against small fighter ships at close range but totally useless against anything bigger (If you don't count secondary explosions). Ultimately a beam weapon like the Grace Aliens or the Wraith would be a good replacement but we don't know how to build yet.

nice ideas like the cluster bomb idea and the shielded, cloaked naquadah-enhanced nukes
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

OK; here goes. Please don't laugh!

Point Defense Weapons

Hig-Fequency Heat-Seeking Small Railgun: fires very high frequency of railgun rounds which go after enemy fightercraft, bombercraft heat signatures

Main Weapons:
                      High-Explosive Large Railgun (HiELR): shoots highly explosive railgun rounds for combining with high-impacting and high-heating the enemy ship

Superpowered Weapons
                      Furling Independent Action Missiles: more intelligent than Ancient drones
                      and more versatile as well

Furling Plasma Beam: has kinetic energy (from accelerating rather than from its mass) and high heat to pierce enemy vessel's shield

Furling Sun Fusion Torpedo: simulates Furling sun's heat, which is higher than most suns in the universe
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Main Weapons:
                        High-Explosive Large Railgun (HiELR): shoots highly explosive railgun rounds for combining with high-impacting and high-heating the enemy ship
                        Why explosive? there's no point in that. As a rule of thumb, anything about 5km/s is equivalent to it's weight in TNT. Given that stargate easily does half the speed of light, anything would hit with more force than whatever explosive your put in it.

has kinetic energy (from accelerating rather than from its mass)
                        Kinetic energy comes from speed and mass, not acceleration.

Furling Sun Fusion Torpedo: simulates Furling sun's heat, which is higher than most suns in the universe
                        The heat has little meaning. All that really matters is it's actual yield.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          Why explosive? there's no point in that. As a rule of thumb, anything about 5km/s is equivalent to it's weight in TNT. Given that stargate easily does half the speed of light, anything would hit with more force than whatever explosive your put in it.

Kinetic energy comes from speed and mass, not acceleration.

The heat has little meaning. All that really matters is it's actual yield.
                          OK fine; I'll concede the first point you make.

I'll concede the mass aspect of the second point. However, to reach the final speed and yield the kinetic energy it does when it hits the other ship, it takes time to accelerate to that final speed, as I understand. It isn't traveling at an immediately constant speed.

As for the Sun Fusion Torpedo's heat penetrating through an enemy vessel's shield, I believe the temperature generated does make a difference. Going back to the Atlantis episode in which AR-1 had to help the Tyranians get the Orion vessel out of the volcano, had to contend with the lava generating high heat against the shields. Additionally, a friend of mine, who is well-versed in the Stargate canon and works for the US DOD managing the designs of/designing next-generation military tech, mentioned that heat can indeed factor in decisively to overwhelm a shield's stability. For example, the Asgard Plasma Beam seems to work on this principle.

Comment

The regular Asgard plasma beam is very effective. If they just would have added drones and a zpm to a 304, nothing could have stopped it.
                            sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Stargate Space Simulator- http://marcusdamli.wix.com/stargate-eternity

Comment

Keep the Asgard weapons where are at. Maybe include one or two more in the stern.

Remove all but two missile launchers and have a Ancient drone launcher instead. One or two will do fine and have the spare space for the drones themselves.

Replace the railguns with either the Goa'uld pulse weapons or Destiny's weapons whichever fires faster (and tracks faster).

That would be a formidable vessel.
                              Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAtlantia View Post
                                The regular Asgard plasma beam is very effective. If they just would have added drones and a zpm to a 304, nothing could have stopped it.
                                There's a limit to what technology could do, even if that limit is high. Even Ancient ships had their shields fail before the ZPM depleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X