No announcement yet.

Whos the better warriors Jafa or Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me a new girlie to all this, but having seen Midway for the first time last tues ( live in UK) I totaly think that the Jaffa rebles would thrash the Wraith. They have a soul deep reason to fight - unlike the wraith. that will make them win - that and Teal'c

Comment

The Wraith grunts have marginally less stupid weapons (their pistols are probably the most sensible "bad guy" weapon in stargate) and the ability to do mind tricks to confuse the Jaffa so they would probably have the advantage. Don't get me wrong though this is going to be like watching a couple of blind 3 legged dogs fight it out.

Comment

In an all out war. The Wraith will win. The Wraith could use darts to beam half the Jaffa army before their gliders could wipe them out after a long and damaging battle.

Hiveships will be difficult to destroy you'd need several hiveships to do it.

If we restrict the battle to ground forces. It will be close. Stunners are more accurate than Staff weapons,however, It will take couple of shots to stun Jaffa warriors.

Hand to hand combat? I put my money on Jaffa. They can club drones several times with them. They also have Jaffa martial arts and they have more experience. The Wraith have forgotten many things since they have not had any real opponents.
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well the wraith do use tactics weve seen them mostly sneak up in bushes or distract the enemy with that smoky shadowy thing. Main problem with the wraith armies is there weapons dont kill if they did then in atlantis then they wouldve killed

rodney - got shot in the face
          shppard - got shot in the chest and in the hive at rising prt 2
          teyla - got shot in season 2 sneaking onto hive
          ronon - gotten shot tons of time in hives ect
          ford - got shot in season 2 when sneaking onto a hive and shot by sheppard in seige part 3
          lorne - im pretty sure ive seen him get shot before
          bates - shot a few episodes before the seige

plus the numoeros other time theyve been shot along with other gaurds scientist and athosians

If they were using staff weapons then there great shots, on occasion there very resiliant. A good portion of wraith were from the war with the ancients i reckon, from hibernation they can live indefinatly 'I dont see them dying of natural aging' - carson becket .

My moneys on the wraith if they had darts they can sweep up entire advacing armies were as the jafa gliders are crap at taking out small forces.

But then again the jafa have thought big interstella wars before so could go either way.

if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Hiw about it's easier for writers to allow main guys shot by stunner wepons than by killer weapons?
            When zats are involved, accuracy rises, and unsurprisingly, the zat design is far more gun like than anything else. It's not bad at all, and I the weapon's height is absolutely not a problem at all.
            Besides, it has a great advantage against Wraith guns: they don't stupidly glow in the dork.
            I've seen the Jaffa use more versatile and efficient weapons than the Wraith thus far.

Had the Wraith kept their original stunner rifles, it would have been better. Oh sure, they l glowed as well and don't seem to be any different than the pistols, safe maybe for some upped mode against puddle jumpers, and their grip is more than questionable, but they're at least balanced, and have those two spikey ends which can be used to impale someone.

The new stunner rifles suck. Using them to bludgeon someone to death is cumbersome, and the handle is at the absolute end of the long and bulky rifle, which makes for a ****ty weapon.

On the other hand, a staff weapons is well balanced, and can be used as a convincing bone breaking weapon on close quarter, assuming the Jaffa knows how to fight on close quarters (if the masters mastaba style combat, it's even better).
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The stun pistol still beats the Zat for usability though. It's a sad state of affairs when you're singling out a sidearm without iron sights as the most practical weapon but there it is.

Wraith spike rifles are the worst weapons on the show though. Even staffs in all their 7 foot cumbersome glory didn't have the bayonet on the wrong end. I could just see some wraith grunt running with one of those and tripping on something, oops. It's literally more dangerous to the user than the target. It won't kill the target, which is more than you can say for the guy that falls on one.

Comment

I hate you for posting this thread. Seriously, these things have been posted atleast ten times.

For future reference, never post any of the following threads or derivatives there of:

Star Trek/StarWars/Firefly vs. Stargate
                Wraith vs Goa'uld
                Wraith vs Jaffa
                Wraith vs Asgard
                Asgard vs Ancient
                Any race vs A race that hasn't met the first one

As for the Stun Pistol being superior to the Zat, that is so wrong. We've seen strong Jaffa warriors and even Goa'uld go down with a single shot of a Zat but Ronin takes atleast three hits from the Stun Pistol. The SP is better than the Zat? Yeah right.

I have to agree on the needle stunner sucking. Whoever designed that was a moron. The newer, thinner ones were much better.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
                  I hate you for posting this thread. Seriously, these things have been posted atleast ten times.

For future reference, never post any of the following threads or derivatives there of:

Star Trek/StarWars/Firefly vs. Stargate
                  Wraith vs Goa'uld
                  Wraith vs Jaffa
                  Wraith vs Asgard
                  Asgard vs Ancient
                  Any race vs A race that hasn't met the first one
                  Well this isn't a vs thread but more of who is physically superior and better trained for combat
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver View Post
                    As for the Stun Pistol being superior to the Zat, that is so wrong. We've seen strong Jaffa warriors and even Goa'uld go down with a single shot of a Zat but Ronin takes atleast three hits from the Stun Pistol. The SP is better than the Zat? Yeah right.
                    It's only better in the sense that you might actually be able to hit something more than 10 feet away with it.... maybe... if the planets all come into alignment just right and the moon is full.

This is like being asked which turd smells the best.

Comment

ah, tactically the jaffa have the upperhand, hand to hand combat the wraith just have more stregnth then a jaffa would. Tealc is not a good comparison as he was indicated the top first prime in the galaxy. As long as the jaffa have a terrain to work with and distance they would win. As pilots i would go with the dart, they are more streamlined and seem more of an attack craft.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think putting tealc as any old jaffa soldier is not very accurate. Both wraith and jaffa for many years were enemys, so we see tons of them use poor tactics and run out in the open and gunned down by p90's etc. Tealc wouldnt do that but many jaffa and wraith would because it is there role as the dumb bad guys.

On the whole in my opinion wraith win hands down, the Jaffa hardly ever show any bit of intelligence, the wraith have been shown to have strong military tactics and outsmarted us on several occaisions. As to the masked wraith i have posted my theory eslewhere that from spoils of war
                        Spoiler:
                        we learn many were raised from cloning chambers, i think that all masked wraith are clones, hence why they are stupid and not as good as regular wraith, another reason why they use them as cannon fodder

Also the jaffa dont have symbiots anymore do they, so aside from tealc, shouldnt they lose there strenght and ability to heal, the wraith wont. And wraith quens can spawn new soldiers, the jaffa will have to bread. Im guessing the wraith process is faster and they could probably clone. We just dont know enough about the wraith yet to say for sure.
                        sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                        Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Many of the Wraith no doubt have long experience from the war. But, for thousands of years they've been hunting people who have little or no tech. It's been so long since they have encountered organised resistance cabable of standing up to them.

So the Wraith have probably gotten a bit rusty. Also, they would have to be able to take a Jaffa position before the effect on any stunned warriors wears off. I think the staff would be very potent weapon against the Wraith.

One on one, the regenerative ability of a Wraith might give them an edge. But, they are probably out of practice. I'd give the Jaffa the edge in a ground war.

Comment

Except then the wraith could just send in darts and beam up any jaffa on the ground. Only thing i see better about the jaffa is there handheld weapons, plus wraith dont want to kill there prey usually they just want to feed.
                            sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                            Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Well, that goes into a broader tech debate.

if you don't have air superiority, then you are toast. So, the gliders and darts would have to duke it out.

With just ground forces, I'd have to say Jaffa win. Factor in other stuff, gliders and Hataks against darts and Hives.....

Well, that would be a good fight. The numbers of darts would probably overwhelm gliders and ground forces. But with enough Hataks (prefeably some that have the most advanced shields) with good comanders could turn the tide in space.

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
                                Also the jaffa dont have symbiots anymore do they, so aside from tealc, shouldnt they lose there strenght and ability to heal, the wraith wont. And wraith quens can spawn new soldiers, the jaffa will have to bread. Im guessing the wraith process is faster and they could probably clone. We just dont know enough about the wraith yet to say for sure.
                                I don't think so, I don't tretoin is that wide spread yet
                                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic
                                So whats the worst that could happen?
                                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X